Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Pillowpants posted:

Is it too dark to see with an 8 year old?

I’d say there’s about 10-15 minutes of action on a three hour movie. I’d be more concerned with an 8 year old being bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

live with fruit posted:

I suspect Penguin would be better off remaining this series' Scarecrow.

One thing that they’ve really yet to do in the movies is capture the idea that all of these villains exist at the same time with their own agendas. It’s always Batman checking off one problem at a time. I want to see additional villains layered in. I’m hoping the spin-offs allow them to establish more of this.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Ccs posted:

Wait, what are people seeing in Batman v Superman? That's an almost unwatchable movie.

Extended cut is pretty great unless your big issue was that Batman killed people in the movie. The time is used to give Clark and Lois things to do, while making Luther’s plan make sense.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

live with fruit posted:

Batfleck is sentencing criminals to death and trying to kill Superman. Battinson's deep end is lot shallower.

In the extended cut it’s shown that Lex is orchestrating the killing of branded people to get Clark going against Batman.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

I just want to see Clayface losing his poo poo like he did on BTAS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-8xyGf7w0

That scene is incredible with the combination of music and animation. It’s some of the best out there and a good example of why BTAS is a classic.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Ben Affleck is one of the best Bruce Waynes / Batmans we've had in ages and crushes Bale's in his limited scenes. He's a broken man after fighting crime for all these years e: and also getting 9/11 brain after seeing Superman arrive on Earth.

Like, this scene is loving incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixaEnZHtH8

I enjoyed The Batman, but seeing Jeremy Irons reminds me how weak Alfred was in it. He’s easily the worst version.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I’d cut the part out where Alfred was all, nah Falcone made that stuff up and your dad was cool. It wouldn’t make the movie much shorter but that scene took away any feeling that the movie was doing something interesting with the mystery.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

the sequential scenes about Batman learning about Thomas and the reporter were the only thing I didn't care about or thought could have been cut. there was a little tension there where the audience and Bruce thought Thomas Wayne could be a Bad Guy, but even if he was, that didn't have much to do with the Stop the Riddler plot.
didn't much care for that part.

That was the only part where the mystery was interesting to me. We already know Gotham is corrupt from every Batman movie ever. For a few moments, it looked like the movie was going to do something new (for the movies, anyway) and have Bruce have to struggle with the fact that all of his vigilante money and resources were built on a foundation of crime. The moment Alfred hand waved it all away, and Bruce just went with it was the moment that I knew the movie wasn’t interested in giving us anything really new for the character to deal with.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Or Bruce loving up and missing something very obvious and being called a dumbass by the Penguin vs. Affleck instantly connecting everything in the first few minutes of BvS.

What does he connect on the first few minutes of BvS? Batman gets played by Lex for almost the whole movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah I really don’t see what’s similar there other than “Batman has a fight in a nightclub” and nightclub fights are just loving cool

It’s Batman fighting his way through a nightclub in order to confront a mobster and stops fighting once he comes face to face with him that makes it feel so similar.