Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Shellception posted:

Also a swift reminder here to the guy who, having an investigative town role, misunderstood it, investigated someone N1, got a negative result, then went "screw that" and completely made up a positive result on someone else. Who was subsequently voted out.

Nailed scum.

That's on par with Hal daykilling two scum and basically leading to the only flawless town victory I've ever seen. Which started with a turbo of scum hambeet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
My favorite moment was probably when I SK-claimed to amni in a masonry like n2 or something, got revealed day 3 or 4 and went on to win the game.

The amount of bullshit I had to talk and false setup spec to encourage was nuts.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876323&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6 (Magical Girl Mafia - Again)

Correctly identified all three scum and dayvigged one of them, reviving 4 dead town players in the process.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm reskimming that game again, and I can't believe I forgot that snooze basically carried us.

I should start posting this when I win with a LyLo turbo again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCSSuxvluwk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

I'll never totally get over my fake claim in Zodiac Mafia being so convincing and feeding into the setup speculation (that we deliberately encouraged) so well that the actual town counterclaim was universally disbelieved and we won because of it.

Edit: For the record, this was so long ago that I still thought I was a guy.

It’s an excellent teaching game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Good to see we’ve known each other almost a decade, taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We’re incredibly old

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Literally Hitler

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The Good Place is probably my finest performance.

I was on a scum team with 4 other people who all died on days 1-4, I managed to slip through all the way down to 3 by dodging several close calls and won by talking CapnAndy into executing binus instead of me by convincing him that my scum buddies had been aggressively bussing binus

I can make up some pretty convincing cases when my back is against the wall

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

death cob for cutie posted:

to celebrate a new thread, post your favorite mafia thing that you or someone else did

There's been a lot of fun things but for absolute favourite, it's too hard to top YOLO FRONTLINE

Just seeing everyone's horrified reactions roll in as our soldier game's first ever battle lineup was revealed. With me, the load-bearing thread leader, standing right there in the front line. On N1.

I had an item that'd nullify almost everything that targeted me but they didn't know that lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

to celebrate a new thread, post your favorite mafia thing that you or someone else did

Ecco and Ernie’s really weird setups

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's on par with Hal daykilling two scum and basically leading to the only flawless town victory I've ever seen. Which started with a turbo of scum hambeet.

And I won for both town and my own scumteam on D2 of the game. Almost forgot that one!

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Good Place is probably my finest performance.

I was on a scum team with 4 other people who all died on days 1-4, I managed to slip through all the way down to 3 by dodging several close calls and won by talking CapnAndy into executing binus instead of me by convincing him that my scum buddies had been aggressively bussing binus

I can make up some pretty convincing cases when my back is against the wall

One of my favorites too! I replaced in for Amnistar as a bounty hunter and killed two of my targets on the first two nights and tricked Tom Tucker into claiming his flavor and then immediately shot him to abscond with a win.

My favorite personal moment was probably the Sir Mix-A-Lot fake claim in Butt Mafia that carried the scum team to victory.

Although there are so many games it’s really hard to pick the best moment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

There's been a lot of fun things but for absolute favourite, it's too hard to top YOLO FRONTLINE

Just seeing everyone's horrified reactions roll in as our soldier game's first ever battle lineup was revealed. With me, the load-bearing thread leader, standing right there in the front line. On N1.

I had an item that'd nullify almost everything that targeted me but they didn't know that lol

Definitely one of the most memorable mafia moments for sure

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sir Mix-A-Lot fake claim in Butt Mafia that carried the scum team to victory.

Link plz

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

t a s t e posted:

I also played "frustrated, confused townie" to the hilt as a performance, and it paid off in spades.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Fighting at LYLO for the town win - I vividly remember sitting at a restaurant frantically phone posting to convince the other two town. You'll be glad to know my "perpetually scum" persona hasn't changed in nearly 10 years.

Breakfast Food Showdown

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

butt

Oh that was a Cheese Sandwich game. Hope that guy is ok, I should still run Boomtown.

The relevant bit:

buttzzzzz posted:

God I have been wanting to claim this role all game because it is so hilarious and hosed up.

I am Sir Mix-A-Lot and I like big butts. I am also a Random Cop.

What this means is that every night I visit every single player in the game, and I randomly pick one and stare at their butt all night. If they are a butt-aligned butt I am happy and go about my business the next day. If they are a big old scumass booty I can't get it out of my mind and therefore can't vote the next day. At least that was how *I* interpreted what ST said, but apparently "can't vote until the end of the day" means you can vote TO end the day and not you can't vote all day.

So basically I have no ability to choose a target, I constantly seem suspicious because I can be watched/tracked to every single kill (and I also confuse everyone's results because they will see me no matter who they watch) and then when I do find scum with my random power I can't vote them unless they get to -1. It's a completely hosed up role but it is also really funny.

N1 I randomly watched foo and he was butt-aligned, N2 it was ellipson, same result and last night was Quidnose and I was told he was a big old scumass booty butt and my vote restriction was in effect.

Quid's most recent play has been way townier than it was earlier and with all the ways for the power roles in this game to be hosed with I wouldn't rule out framing/busdriving (or one of the other two being a godfather) but that would be almost too much against the town.

Quid defending Neon who still seems pretty scummy to me while also seeming to be willing to lynch everyone else in the game except the lurking new guy fits in pretty well with this being LYLO and he and Neon + someone are the scum (gorf/MMM?).

My real role was scum Reverse Ninja booty butt so that part about being seen everywhere was true at least, the rest all lies. And it got Quid killed in LYLO when he was like super townie in that game too. Even he mostly believed my claim and tried to say maybe he was framed.

Poor Quidnose, I antagonized him a lot in Mafia games.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Winning in Ferngully Mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poor Quidnose getting owned again

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
My favorite game was Yami's choose someone else's role because of the role I received: Fibber, where the last thing I claimed was my role

I formed a mason group, found an SK infected victim, cured them, day vigged the cop, and threw my former mason cured SK victim under the bus for the win

I would play any game with that role again in a heartbeat, so much fun. I still remember Yami in discord telling me there's no way he would give me a role even when I fibbed it and it was towns fault if they were dumb enough to think that he would

Game here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

My favorite game was Yami's choose someone else's role because of the role I received: Fibber, where the last thing I claimed was my role

I formed a mason group, found an SK infected victim, cured them, day vigged the cop, and threw my former mason cured SK victim under the bus for the win

I would play any game with that role again in a heartbeat, so much fun. I still remember Yami in discord telling me there's no way he would give me a role even when I fibbed it and it was towns fault if they were dumb enough to think that he would

Game here

Omg Quid getting beat in LYLO AGAIN!

Everyone’s favorite moment involves Quidnose playing the patsy

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Insandenza posted:

Omg Quid getting beat in LYLO AGAIN!

Everyone’s favorite moment involves Quidnose playing the patsy

I'm almost 100% you would have murdered me long before lylo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Final Fantasy 1 Mafia

I was part of a three person cult, (and not the recruiter) the two other cult members died day one, I confessed to not having a town alignment day two and managed to play it off long enough to get the win.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Final Fantasy 1 Mafia

I was part of a three person cult, (and not the recruiter) the two other cult members died day one, I confessed to not having a town alignment day two and managed to play it off long enough to get the win.

The winning Keane personality goes a long way

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hal Insandenza posted:

One of my favorites too! I replaced in for Amnistar as a bounty hunter and killed two of my targets on the first two nights and tricked Tom Tucker into claiming his flavor and then immediately shot him to abscond with a win.

This really was fantastic

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh if we are flavor claiming too I am Matt the weird sex-things accountant

Tom Tucker posted:

I don't see why flavor claims are important but I am Shawn.

Hal Insandenza posted:

##shoot Tom Tucker

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think this is the greatest game of mafia ever played by one person

Run by one of my favorite mods (Amoeba) and just amazingly dominated in the most entertaining way by one of my favorite players (and mods) Opoponax. If you are a newer player you should seriously read that game to see Opopanax at the height of his powers like some kind of Mafia Alan Thicke. Eternal respect and that had to be so much fun to be him. That was one of my first games, and I was the chump getting killed at the end but it was just awesome and I will never forget that one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SCUMHUNTER and the entirety of my Harrison Ford game

zincaito
Nov 18, 2003

i love adventures

girl dick energy posted:

I'll never totally get over my fake claim in Zodiac Mafia being so convincing and feeding into the setup speculation (that we deliberately encouraged) so well that the actual town counterclaim was universally disbelieved and we won because of it.

Edit: For the record, this was so long ago that I still thought I was a guy.

Yeah, this game was incredible even though I got bamboozled!!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
my votes are for Avengers Mafia, where I completely hosed my team because taste just made up some bullshit on the fly, while steak was bullshitting the entire game, that was a wild time

also this trainwreck in towngold and scumsilver which still makes me laugh every time I think about it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
My favourite mafia moment is winning 3 person lylo as scum after all my teammates died d1-3. :frogdunce:

My other one is running consistent back to back gambits with the new players starting at ussr mafia.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

You monster.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

imgay vigged someone seemingly at random, as I recall, and they flipped town. Later, someone frustrated with imgays play used that a point against them, and imgay replied

“What are you talking about? I single handedly confirmed them as town”

I think about that and laugh a lot.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

chaoslord posted:

imgay vigged someone seemingly at random, as I recall, and they flipped town. Later, someone frustrated with imgays play used that a point against them, and imgay replied

“What are you talking about? I single handedly confirmed them as town”

I think about that and laugh a lot.

I also think about that from time to time lmao

Alternatively, this was the craziest finish to a mafia game I ever witnessed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The first auspol Mario game.

Just Burgs posted:

My new theory: There aren't any scum in this game. We're all town, and TOML kills someone every night.

What the gently caress.

##vote everythingWasBees

Gough Suppressant posted:

Okay, something is utterly hosed here.

I targeted MMG as the doctor last night, got an action successful, and yet here he lies dead.

I'm going to posit a theory which may make me look completely loving stupid.

I'm not sure there is a scum team at all, I think TOMLs talk of making a perfectly mathematically balanced mafia game has been cover for the ultimate: making a mafia game in which there is no scum and watching auspoo rend itself limb from limb with a random nightly mod kill.

I'm guessing night 1s double kill was the presence of a one-shot vigilante(perhaps combined with another role)

Feel free to murder me if you think this is totally bonkers because after a successful doctor action still doesn't prevent a night kill I don't know what the gently caress anymore.

Just Burgs posted:

But I actually think there's no scum. I'm cry

Just Burgs posted:

Let's all commit ritual suicide.

Negative Entropy posted:

##unvote

[url]http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Saulus

poo poo eh.

it's a legit role.

gently caress you TOML, I hope you get eaten by a bear.

Coq au Nandos posted:

We are all loving idiots.

everythingWasBees posted:

I don't think I like mafia anymore.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
That D1 where I got Sandwolf as scum, or basically any game where Merk keeps telling people to kill me in scumchat.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

quote:

The slapfight between Asphyxious and Bif started in earnest.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

birdstrike posted:

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706186]

The first auspol Mario game.

To this day I still always think back to Mafio as the platonic ideal of town eating itself.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
MMT duping me and flerp in shine 2 was pretty clutch

Sticky’s performance in NOLA shine was entertaining, also enjoyed the boss mechanic

Mr. Robot mafia from Max with all the puzzles was pretty fun

Also Ecco’s sub mini game in the fish people one

Been fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Final Fantasy 1 Mafia

This is a fun game and also really enjoyed being scum with bif and king b