Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

All I want is for Are Dan to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

*staring blankly into middle distance* McLaren will be good this year. Everything is fine.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

McLaren are just a getting to grips with the car, they're still good, they're still good

:negative:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Lol and also, and I cannot stress this enough, lmao

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

If Danny Ric is so bad how did he beat noted poggers driver Lando Norris then? Check and mate, Ric haters :colbert:

McLaren's car looks like it loving sucks so bad holy poo poo I hope they can fix it. :(

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Charles LeClerc : Max Verstappen :: Red Flag : (Red) Bull

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Zhou did really well for his debut, though in my heart I wish Mick had held on to 10th and got points just to see Guenther's radiant joy/elated swearing.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I hope at least one of the two Red Bull cars (ideally Max's) DNFs every race this season, frankly.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

The only race craft Max knows about is phrenology

:lmao:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It would be nice for some of the drivers to take a stand after this about not racing in Saudi Arabia.
For obvious reasons they should probably not take this stand until after they're outside of Saudi Arabia.

Failing that if the race is going ahead might as well go whole hog. Give the F1 cars big cartoony rockets to fire at each other while ballisitic missiles smash into the track, let's go full wacky kart racer videogame on this poo poo.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Going forward, we could replace the Saudi Arabia race in the calendar with a return to the Adelaide Street Circuit, just spitballing.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

#stillicbmrise

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Ferrari good, McLaren bad.
Mick crash bad, Mick being okay good.
Checo good, Red Bull bad.
Mercedes bad, Lewis Q3 hilarious.

Everything in balance.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Xakura posted:

How do you not know how qualifying works

thoughtless typo from phoneposting at work

net work error posted:

The haters don't know they just want to hate on the goat

it's very funny though ???

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

ogopogo posted:

Ahh there it is

powerful "first track in a shovelware racing game" energy.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

my brain went straight to PGR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HOmQYbsHs

Still, that's going to be dope as hell once the MSG sphere is done. they could show live stuff on the outside.

Today I learned PGR had sequels. The more you know.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Good to see papaya boys looking better this weekend. Looking forward to tomorrow’s race where Latifi will bin it into the wall taking out the race leaders with him leading to a McLaren 1-2 and KMag in 3rd.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Good performance for McLaren, a podium for Checo, Albon grabbing a point for Williams and a Verstappen DNF.

All in all? A good race.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

lol @ Leclerc not kneeling when even Danny Ric, bogan from a supremely xenophobic and racist shithole, took a knee

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This thread gets weirder when it isn't a race weekend.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Max: Shut up and leave me alone
Also Max: Why aren't you telling me anything?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Dynamite Dog posted:

but hey, crofty said it was a lovely thing to do so now everyone thinks that

lol yeah it's definitely the perfidious influence of Crofty and not Verstappen sounding like a petulant child at all times

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

He retires at least once a race weekend.

lol and also :smith:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Man this track... looking forward to a bunch of folks binning it into the wall on race day.
And the ensuing McLaren 1-2 podium.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Please stop bullying my best friend Daniel Ricciardo in this thread thank you :australia:

unless it's about his terrible overpriced poo poo wine

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I really want to know what Red Bull engine fuckery is going on that they can have something break and lose 6 seconds a lap but an engine mode switch gets almost all of it back.

Could be fuel shenanigans?

Cheating.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

xK1 posted:

LMAO at Horner and the red bull team drinking green cans of Red Bull

lol, as much as I dislike Horner/Red Bull that's a pretty good 'gently caress you'

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Looking forward to the redemption win for Danny Ric (because everyone ahead of him crashes)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's too wet for it to be safe but if there were missiles dropping near the track they wouldn't give a poo poo

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

evergreen thread title

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This broadcast is hosed.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Glad Mick’s okay.

Still zero clue what forced KMag to retire.

Looking forward to Max’s engine exploding.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

hmm, has anyone said failrrari yet?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

You Am I posted:

Just watched the highlights of qualifying on YouTube cos effort.

I guess Norris has to be worried about his seat now :smuggo:

Hoping this heralds the start of a Danny Ric redemption arc

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This thread is loving awful and as a relatively new F1 fan, frankly offputting.

There's nowhere else I'd rather post about F1 on the internet and it is absolutely the thread this "sport" deserves.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i made this for when ferrari inevitably gently caress it up tomorrow

It's wonderful.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

What a wild fuckin' race.

Very happy for the Sainz, Perez, Hamilton podium and those final laps were some great racing.

Very :unsmith: that Mick got points finally.

Super glad that Albon and particularly Zhou are okay.
It feels very weird thinking positively of George Russel for immediately sprinting to check on them and I don't like it, but I'm sure he'll be back to being a smug Tory git soon enough.

I love Ricciardo and even I can't think of a single positive thing to say about him today. He's 100% not going to have a seat anywhere next year.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

To be fair, he was going well, then they did a 4s pit stop and he lost 3 places, then his drs stopped working, then it got stuck open and he had to pit again for another 4s pit stop.

He was still catching up to the cars in front of him with the broken drs.

I'm all for making GBS threads on are Dan, but in this instance I can't complain about his performance.

Didn't realise he had broken DRS - that certainly explains a lot.
He's still going to get turfed out of McLaren at the end of the season :smith:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Isometric Bacon posted:

Bring back Adelaide, so people outside Australia recognise one of our cities that isn’t Melbourne or Sydney again.

Also I hear it was a pretty cool track.

Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Free usage of the word oval office is part of the intangible cultural heritage of the Australian people, please respect it.