Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

It's nice that it seemingly depicted all the stages in the bread making process! :buddy:

It's like a children's bedtime story that also teaches them to bake break.

I bet that was the kids tomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

How do knees work

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

Sometimes you have to put in a prompt more than once to get it to emphasize certain aspects, not sure if there's any keywords that do the same thing:

I got some nice "Borg Bear, Borg from Startrek" images out of MINI

If you told me this was the first pass of MJ I'd say upscale! wouldn't question it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

Seize the means of art production from capital. Dall-e 2 should belong to everyone

Isn't it open source? You just need an $8000 GPU to run it. I'm hoping some of these AI capable GPUs end up hitting a usable level and keep going so a nice used market for stuff with run times fast enough for personal use is viable. I wouldn't mind waiting 10-15 minutes per generation if it was mine. I could queue stuff and have multiple work in progress pieces. This is at least a decade out though.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 20, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Someone was just tired of getting emails while the people in charge of datasets were trying to sort it out. Training takes a long time it's not something you can quickly change, at least not from my understanding.

It works, but should have been implemented as an option you can turn off since it's changing your prompt and been up front about how it's working.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

TIP posted:

It wouldn't have been that much work to filter for prompts that include words that represent people and then check to see if there's any racial keywords before inserting one.

I mean, it would have been more work than just randomly inserting words into prompts, but I could build a fairly intelligent system to do this in a couple days.

The way they seem to be doing it is hilariously incompetent.

I didn't even think about making the work around better, your right that could be vastly improved and probably should be communicated properly. Fixing it at the training level is probably a pipe dream anyway. History has been white washed already and without a time machine that's hard to restore.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's more it seems great for meme generation then you realize how much it costs right now and that it truly isn't viable That said gaming RTX cards have a ton of memory, would it be that weird for gaming cars to have enough RAM for a Dalle2 clone running on them in 10, 20 years?

You'll probably be able to download trained states as well. We're at the point they are using our generations to fine tune things and then milk it for all it's worth before local compute catches up. They got lots of time most likely.

Is the concept of a hobby AI card weird? that could get made too if costs reduce.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

HUMIIERC HUNGERS :catstare:

awwww it's a buttplug

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Atoramos posted:

Funny, the original one was actually 20% larger but imgur won't host it. Honestly, I disagree with the comment for two reasons. First off, yea you could just render this at a different scale (and use different prompts. Mine were specifically targeted at architecture and not little creatures and such). Secondly, while this is a weakness of Dall E, Disco Diffusion doesn't share this issue. Consider the 'infinite-resolution' images that allow for the animation I made here:

Disco is capable of image-reinterpretation better than what Dall-E currently offers.

I've been playing with DISCO this morning. Shows promise. Better than Mini making it the best free project (you do need a free Google Notebook and roughly 8GB of free space for cache on your Google Drive)

0: ["GIlbert Gottfried as The Joker, eating tacos, 4K, HDR"],

Missed the joker theming mostly but there's hints of it I have no idea what is going on with that tiny face by the styrofoam cup. And if this looks remotely familiar I always use Gilbert Gottfried as the joker doing something to test an AI been doing it since before he died. Just really wanted to see him play the Joker with that laugh.

Can't wait to see later iterations, I'll keep playing with it but it's not MJ or DALLE2 yet not a hell of a lot worth sharing in my few samples. I got assigned a T4 today so it's 30 minutes per 500 step render.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's the Ho-Hod GI... Ho-Ho D GI? That GI is totally gastrointestinal

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rutibex posted:

the copyright of AI images isn't exactly decided by the courts or laws yet. they clearly trained these things on copyrighted material, so gently caress em

I think they are more worried about covering their rear end so if you get a convincing image of say Trump's piss tape they can say you were supposed to disclose that instead of pass it off as real, clearing them. Hopefully.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MJ is $10/month for 200 GPU minutes after you use up your trial ones. If you haven't paid yet, you are using a limited number and wont be told any of this until you have like 2 images left. Every image is about 1 minute on average. Upscaling and variants have slightly different costs but they have most actions tuned to take about a minute.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fuckstick posted:

All hail your ruler, Nipple Claus!

That mole should get looked at, Also I think he ripped one with nipple clamps his right nipple looks infected

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

wa27 posted:

Craiyon seems like the best at generating what you actually want to see, even though the detail isn't there.

That's because your brain is filling in the missing detail. If something is low res your brain upscales it.

I guess what you mean is the language interpretation is best in Craiyon. Which I agree, that's because it's mostly unfiltered, the other projects are trying to content that could be legally questionable.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 30, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Threw this at Disco notebook 5.6 (I'm currently using 350 steps I find it a good blend of speed and quality for the T4 free users get)
text_prompts = {
0: ["eyeballs in mashed potatoes", "high resolution"],
}

This started out okay almost looked like it might end up like a mashed potato boy and his blob. I see potato boy petting the blob it has potential to be not horrifying.

gets a bit gross. so I'm posting a partial before it did as well.

that alien head is about to get very detailed and raw looking. I know some people find that kind of AI art highly disturbing, so it's tagged.

:nms:

:nms:

I made some very pretty stuff in BYOB yesterday with this, going to make some more colorful images after that horror job.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Got something nice out of Disco
0: ["puppies in a cloudy afternoon sky in May in London the moons are out","HDR"],
Here it is about 20 steps from done, shortly after it decided to add color, very glad I couldn't wait and shared early to get this one.

Here's the final

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Disco doesn't seem as sure
"0": [
"Super Saiyan Goku space marine",
"Warhammer 40k",
"Dragonball Z",
]

Disco loves spheres so I'm not surprised it made Goku into Yajirobe Space Marine.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

wa27 posted:

Oh, I thought you lost access to Dall-e for posting a real person's face or something. A twitter ban makes even lese sense though.

Twitter thought it was spam and send it to the review queue. The same thing happened to the account I made on my Nintendo Switch since it was just numbers. I posted a video recorded and the entire process including the first post was done on my Switch and it was banned within minutes. Later the account was unbanned, but then later banned for not being used again I think it was hacked I have no idea I didn't even set a password so it was probably some Nintendo Switch default. I just wanted to get a video off my switch and that's how you did it. This would have been right around launch.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What will be interesting to see is if things that are generated by this AI tool get used in media (games,comics,movies,tv,album covers)

I have a feeling it will be everywhere in 10 years and overused in uninteresting ways. The same way low poly 3D models were slammed into everything in the early 2000s. We figured out where when and how to use them in TV movies and games, but that took time. People just discovering AI art for the first time constantly miss flaws that people that have been playing with them for 4+ years already see instantly. I can't wait for a bunch of TV shows that we look back at as basically N64 games. A few amazing gems so many that were fun rides buts completely unplayable now and stuff that was just experimental and didn't work in the first place.

There's a place for AI art, either assisted or just raw expression of the machine. Something is going to take off made by an AI and everyone will dogpile in trying to do AI movie in the cheapest most repeatable way.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mola Yam posted:

In 10 years this is going to be unrecognizable. 3D, realtime, personalized. "Make me a new season of The X-Files, 1997" It's going to get crazy.

That's exactly my point it will be barely working in that sense and people will then air that as the new season thinking it's good. But when you look at it in even 15 years it will look like the janky garbage it is that vaguely resembles the X-files but when you look closely at anything is obviously not. Molder just slowly morphs into Skully while Skully morphs into Molder for no reason mid conversation which model is producing which voice changes as it ticks to 51% the other character, maybe there's a part where there's 2 51% Molder's and they both talk and Skully is mute because she doesn't exist in this context.

Really weird and strange things that you have to actually watch and not just listen / background watch to notice. And no this wont be part of the plot it'll be a weird thing that the AI just does. If you watch the image AI and let them run way too long you get some really really weird stuff going on.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Playing with DISCO some more, I changed some of the modules this time from the defaults beyond just prompts.

I also had a typo in my prompt! "0": [
"A milkman casting milk explosion from a wodden airship at a prismatic village",
"by Alejandro Burdisio"
]

I'm not sure it's fully captured what I wanted but this is a cool scene with some cows being used to tow a barn while a giant chicken machine tramples the city in the background.

I think DISCO is the most advanced free module I've seen. Well free if you aren't using Google colab hours for something else already.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

try changing "in the style" to "painted by", or possibly as a different prompt if you can feed multiple prompts in DALLE2 (I think that's dalle at least that puts the colored blocks). I do like the results though!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Thanks for this, the email was in my spam folder.

Hanging out in the discord and there are a few things clear. One, in 20~ hours the discord bot goes live. 2, absolutely no NSFW images allowed BUT they are also very quick to also say 'when the local version is released you can do whatever you want, no NSFW on discord though'. 3, celebrities are absolutely allowed and there seems to be zero restriction on anything otherwise, especially compared to Dall-E. The images the staff are sharing certainly look really great too, so much so that I don't know if Dall-E can compete.

Same! Almost missed this, the invite is only good for 24 hours. Check your spam for the discord link!
edit: it says they sent it out to everyone that signed up.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 6, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Thanks, I'm in! The actual system isn't live yet, right? Because I can't see a way to make more poo poo images so far.

Disco Diffusion worked very well for generating more abstract, artistic images so I'm quite curious how this is gonna work out.

That event, at 2:30 30 minutes after the invite expires is when the bot is planned to go live. 30 minutes left to expire, 60 minutes until bot is live according to the discord. The team is filling requests and kinda live chatting in "prompt requests" you can see the fills at completed requests.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Discord is a terrible way to organize information I agree! I was just sighting it as a source, so I didn't sound like I was involved beyond clicking a link myself.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah don't really get why discord of all things was used for any of these programs, cheap I guess?

Easy to track so you can ban abusers and all content is force shared. The idea is to grow an artist community.

That said Stable diffusion is going to release their source code and you'll be able to run it on an RTX 3000 series locally, or on Google colab (pretty sure on both these)

The project is interesting and the devs seem to want to directly talk to fans of AI tech, discord makes that workable. They said Mid Journey will be getting their module so you can use that on top.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Stable Diffusion:
!dream "a whale jumping a steampunk airship skyship at night during full moon on a cloudy night, high detail, octane render, reflective surfaces" -W 1280 -s 40 -S 3828556118
~18 seconds

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

!dream "Vibrant colored poster for a rockband, time traveling spiders, glossy finish, 4k, octane render, 1983" -H 960 -s 80 -S 2921744743
!dream "Vibrant colored poster for a rockband, time traveling spiders, glossy finish, 4k, octane render, 1983" -H 960 -s 80 -S 2921744743 --cfg_scale 12

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Play with these per image with -C and -s as you get close lock in the seed and change these values slightly to dial it in remember the seeds are always in the same order so if you like images 2 and 3 from a set you can generate a set of 2 using seed 2 and get both!

This job took 4.2seconds
!dream the creepy doll in the box asking if you will fix it a snack too while you are up, studio lighting, warm colors -s 30 -n 2 -C 12 -S 1532310911

I had maybe 6 generations before this with the 1-minute limit on submitting right now that means this took me 6 minutes of work assuming I thought of all corrections in the time period (I was waiting the timer every time on this one, the concept came together surprisingly quick). I also clearly drew inspiration from a song on random. some concepts need out there settings! I couldn't get a universe in a snowglobe to look right at all until -C 60+ that 's an insane level.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KakerMix posted:

The bigger issue is legislating entire industries out of existence. Otherwise you'd tell every single security camera and CCTV company they have to jump into cryptography for their footage to be admissible in court, along with every auto manufacturer and dash cam and cellphone and (thing that records).
The sheer cost for manufacturers means this straight up will not happen, since companies hate spending money.

Isn't this partly what TPM 2.0 push for windows 11 is? That's like a $5 chip. The push just has to come from Google as an Android requirement and Apple seems very into securing personal data so this seems like something they would be willing to do. The Camera companies will probably fight it but any company worth actually installing like Axis is going to have cameras that can do this the moment it's ready. It probably wont be a quick software update but maybe it can be.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Ok but then you get to the other issue (already mentioned) which is take a picture with a chipped camera of an AI generated picture, bam, signed picture of something that doesn't exist.

Right each camera would have a private and a public key, you'd provide the camera with the private key as part of proving the footage is real. I guess you could rip the private key from your own camera and use it to forget documents that your camera will have signed, but you know have to forge something that is located where that camera could have seen.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

!dream "an alien with a face that looks like a fuzzy peach the peach is fuzzy pink warm and ripe the alien has horns and a mean smile the alien has chicken feet cruel smile, 4k, highly detailed, high quality, amazing, high particle effects, glowing, majestic, soft lighting" -C 5.5 -i -S 3118109183 -s 111

the prompt evolved over time I was originally going for something very different but fell in love with this concept which is why the prompt seems weird.

At one point he had a weird artifact that turned into stick like feet so I described them as chicken feet but that got rid of his mouth so I added a second mouth description, and the feet turn into the wings / cape oh and he got that wicked smile.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 9, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Crapple! posted:

I like how it seemingly read it as "an individual who is both Shrek and Guy Fieri" but then went "oh poo poo I need 2 of them"

It really doesn't seem to like multiple things being described right now it's a pretty major weakness but you might be able to get something decent if you start playing with -C 20-30 range assuming that was made using SD

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Going to be wild when they get audio paired up and can make small shorts using a static character pool like some kind of variety show all with synthetic voice and music.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Wheany posted:

How does stable diffusion handle the prompt "a horse riding an astronaut"?

Every other model desperately wants to make the astronaut ride the horse.

was worried this would get gross since there's no filters at all and you can totally generate porn easily. (I've seen some Goblin dong recently with no mention of anything about nudity or anything beyond just wanting a goblin doing something)

Anyway same thing, I don't think prompt order matters a ton with this yet. SD really doesn't like multiple subjects right now and they seem to mostly be interested in letting you make larger works and have the AI work on 1 character at a time rather than print an entire image. So you'd like get a horse then you'd get the horse out then you'd get your astronaut then you'd place them then you'd ask it to do the combined and it would do that. From the voice chat meetings on discord that sounds like the direction they want this to go.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

dot communist posted:

Hehe, wow that's wacky. Uh you probably wouldn't want to post that though

unless...?

I didn't save it, and I reported the generation for ToS violation so I wouldn't get removed from beta, it's gone

If you want that, they are going to release a notebook, you'll be able to run that on your RTX 3000 series card yourself I doubt an RTX is doing this is 4seconds like whatever the hell they are running this on.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rutibex posted:

you should have saved the goblin dong. these are unique works of art, that's like throwing out a new Rembrandt painting

I don't have the space for that!

SD lead developer posted:

Phew what a few days eh.

You are currently generating 20 images a second, 1.7m a day, or about a terabyte.

Which is crazy, 170 a day per person

I get the sense the devs just want this to exist and be public access and don't care what you want to do with it but don't gently caress with Discord ToS because that's how they are running this and they don't want to get kicked off discord. They are enforcing it.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 10, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

ymgve posted:

I don't get what's up with Dalle2 and pop culture references - Mewtwo and Zoidberg looks like cheap bootleg knockoffs, but Homer is like picture perfect in all generations

some more of my generations: https://imgur.com/gallery/3hrO9L5

Dalle 2 is specifically trying to filter out and prevent you from using names that fall under copyright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What about adding something about the brush strokes and matte finish?