Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Apple and their legal team suck rear end in their own right but good fuckin lord I can't wait to watch them dunk Musk in the toilet and spin him around for personally inviting all the racists back to his website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

big black turnout posted:

Please find a random iphone user who uses Twitter to follow their favorite celebrities and tell them they can simply install Twitter to the home screen as a progressive web app

Yeah but a lot of the people complaining will refuse to use a woke leftist web app

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Kanye dropping an interview where he pushes a Hitler wasn't so bad stance literally days after Musk re-platforms him and doubles down on his "free speech absolutism" is honestly so loving funny

Like, it's horrifying, but it's also loving hilarious.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The laptop somehow had 5GB of RAM and also there was pulled pork under the slot that had caked on and made it hard to remove

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

ilmucche posted:

I delete everything after the number, mostly because I only get tweets from here and gently caress sending a giant link to someone that also has somethingawful.com in it

Oh thank gently caress, thought I was the only one neurotic enough to do this. That and it looks silly when you post a URL that's longer than the tweet it links to.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Zesty posted:

I think Elon should get microchips put into his head and then shot into space.

Are we shooting the rest of his body into space too or just the head

We have 1500 monkeys worth of evidence that it might not make much difference to his chances of surviving the ordeal.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Hotz's support in the replies being filled with mass-produced shades-wearing ideas guys is funnier than it has any right to be.

The most hosed part is that they've introduced this horrid live-at-work culture for no reason other than the manchild new boss wants it. It's never indicative of good management but it's at least understandable when the company is pushing to meet an announced release date or a contractual obligation. They visibly don't have this because Musk cut like 70% of the workforce. They're working on a bunch of short term impulse-driven projects, some of which (like the payment stuff) interact with data you absolutely don't want to fart out ASAP.

These working conditions notoriously encourage rushed, ill-conceived products so I've got a huge tub of popcorn ready for the legal hellfire after the inevitable data breach.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
All I know about those moon assholes is that Steve Aoki once did a poo poo Sonic the Hedgehog concert

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

The Saddest Rhino posted:

[nods] he'll be allowed to live

You will regret these words

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

javi posted:

Not too sure if this has been posted yet, but the ftc wouldn't like this.

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1602832095511920640

I wondered if he was just pretending Europe didn't exist but no, turns out he's actually trying to confuse the EU by giving them too many things to fine him for.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

My Spirit Otter posted:

if you still have a twitter account youre part of the problem

But Hotz hasn't figured out how to get rid of the pop-up box when you scroll too far while logged out yet

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Jet Jaguar posted:

Isn't posting a picture from a sporting event giving an individual's location?

I've heard of it being forbidden to broadcast a game without the express, written consent of Major League Baseball, but this is ridiculous.

This "24 hours later" poo poo means it's technically against the rules to tweet that you just met someone at an event :v:

It still makes me laugh so much when I remember that Musk clearly didn't want to go through with the buyout and only went through with it because he was about to get dragged into court and wrung dry with very little chance of winning. I bet - I hope - he gets another fresh wave of misery every time he thinks about the 44 billion he had to pony up.

And more every time he thinks of TSLA making GBS threads itself every time he embarrasses himself.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Relevant, always.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

kdrudy posted:

We sure this isn't just a clever attempt to fill Twitter with even more of this picture by getting people to try it? Not that that would be bad.

Based on the replies, it 100% is exactly that.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

mind the walrus posted:

Motherfuck it really is just every other internet forum drama you've ever seen on mIRC, bbCode, livejournal, Myspace, Facebook, Discord, etc. blown up to scale.

Yeah but most of us only spend $50 a month to be Discord moderators, not $44B

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Catastrophe posted:

None of this is even doxxing. He's either:

1. Too dumb to comprehend that
2. A disingenuous rear end in a top hat
3. Both

True

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Literal 51 y/o man falling back on the puppetmaster defence after repeatedly embarrassing himself in public.

I dread to think where this poor billionaire would be without a fash-addled circle of sycophants to assure him that it's everyone else who is owned, not him.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The Twitter Blue thing is from last year, the ad for it was a deliberate 80s throwback:

https://twitter.com/TwitterBlue/status/1458110302793338892

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Automatic Slim posted:

e: The commercial is kind of compelling. Nothing the commercial is advertising is compelling at all. Maybe undo tweet.

Ya that's why Musk pivoted the marketing from "advanced features for power users" to "cheap monthly sub for a blue checkmark for racists and cryptobros"

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Just tested positive for the woke mind virus, hope I live to see the final result of the poll

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

MikeJF posted:

He's gonna ban everyone who voted yes.

I was tempted to vote "no" to preserve the chaos but I couldn't risk not being hit by this if it happened.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Everyone thinking they're owning Elon by following his jet are just playing into his clever ruse. Following his meeting with the Saudis at the finals he divided himself into four separate suitcases on four separate planes so that any potential assassins wouldn't know which one to pursue.

It's an old journalist trick, you see.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

CharlestheHammer posted:

Musk going radio silent after losing the poll is actually the funniest outcome.

Twitter broke that idiot

Hes not crying your crying

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Interesting

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Outrail posted:

Elon would have been a great developer for Space Station 13

His company already got the AI role spot-on

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Steadiman posted:

The whole thing is a textbook example of the "he's a dumb guy's idea of what a smart guy is".

Oh my god.

Musk is a Big Bang Theory character. People without fascist brainrot don't find him funny because we can't hear the laugh track.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

PhazonLink posted:

the the gently caress is up with his face in the soccer pic? even the white lump boat pic looks more human and less 90s fps game/Steven Seagal

Did you mean this one? It's edited to make him rounder and (I think) redder. I'd refer to the unedited version but I haven't actually seen it in a few days.

https://twitter.com/proudbugman/status/1604629145765511172

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Ignis posted:

it's slightly shopped so he'd look like the full moon face emoji 🌝 The original isn't that much flattering, for what it's worth https://twitter.com/DimaZeniuk/status/1604488931067805696

gently caress that, I like the one that inflates him further

https://twitter.com/BilliamBezos/status/1604674033743810560

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Bad Purchase posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1528955104463814656

just thinkin about this guy running 5 companies while fathering a dozen kids, fat rolling around with two shields equipped

Well, that vigor certainly explains the thin skin

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ir bears repeating that he was likely on a bender when he did the joke US$ 54.20 offer but a bunch of dudes including @jack, Joe Rogan, @jason and Justin roiland started propping him up on how he's going to buy and create for himself a culture - shifting powerhouse leading to him signing a contract by twitter's lawyers which was so ironclad that he could not get out of buying it

Was the contract actually especially "ironclad"? I'm not totally clued in on this stuff but I got the impression that it was a fairly standard buyout offer, just rushed through without due diligence on Musk's side. He tried to back out by claiming he was misled, but got slapped down because that exact investigation was supposed to be part of due diligence before the offer.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Can we call him a twat

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
How do you mispronounce twat

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

OrthoTrot posted:

It should rhyme with hat. For some reason Americans seem to pronounce it "twart" or "twot".

Oh yeah, I think I've heard this before.

I'm from Scotland so there isn't much question about how to pronounce it.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

FirstnameLastname posted:

naw his obnoxious new style of Interaction is post twitter purchase and super intentional

The dude spent 44 billion dollars to be the main character of a poo poo social media site. You don't get a flood of attention from likes, but you can guarantee there are upwards of 5k weird mutants ready to like and comment their approval within seconds of any reply.

Incidentally, I think he underestimated exactly how much this would put him in the spotlight for criticism, given how he folds like toilet paper when he's openly challenged or defied.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Cool how you can just buy a prominent social media platform and just use it to spread transphobic propaganda

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I checked Piers Morgan's account to laugh about it with some friends in Discord and it looks like it may be partially un-privated?

Either way the first thing I see is

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

A new feature on Twitter puts users who steal tweets on blast.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I wonder why it is that every time I take these peoples' advice and apply critical and analytical thought to anything, I seem to end up at the exact opposite conclusion from them.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The guy paid 44B to be the main character of Twitter, of course he doesn't realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Data Graham posted:

I'm kind of mad that in order to have a reasonable claim to domain knowledge in my own field I have to be an expert on infrastructural and strategic planning questions way above my pay grade, but apparently if you ask Elon what his vision for "scaling" is with regard to this tunnel there is no way in hell he'd have any coherent thing to say

"How does this use less energy or less machinery or less time to transport the number of people who currently travel this route?"
"What happens when there are 10x the number of Teslas in this little tube as there are now? 100x?"
"How do you build a whole network of tubes that cover the city with many stops? What happens when they intersect with each other? How does this improve on a subway?"

He clearly likes cyberpunk/technopunk fiction enough that he wants to emulate it with poo poo like huge underground spectacle tunnels, but he also has enough money and yes-men around him that even if the project never has a chance of going anywhere, he can convince people to invest and make a genuine start on it.

It's hosed up and kind of a great example of why no single person should ever have this much money.