Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

It's going to be hilarious when Tesla turns out to be a major financial fraud and everyone is going to be like, this transparently absolute clown pulled off the greatest financial scam in history, and by hilarious I mean cause significant damage to our entire economy because everything is so dumb Tesla is part of the S&P 500.

Speaking of which

lol. Not much but it's a start, let's make it -40%, my stonks be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

I was very drunk the other week and though for like two seconds that maybe, just maybe, against better judgement, I should at least consider buying a Tesla Model 3...

https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864

Just imagine believing that not only is this a financially sound business, it is one of the most valuable companies on earth.

Remember the Model 3 was supposed to be 35k lol. Still it would be a pretty decent deal if I could get it for this amount here. The FSD is a straight-up scam obviously.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1518698032518209536

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow I completely forgot about this whole story

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptAmazo/status/1518588084459384832

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1518773828087910401

https://i.imgur.com/U3sbsXa.mp4

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

Wait, seriously, 4-5%? Musky's taken for a ride lol. In interest for a margin loan on my account is under 1%, but maybe if they knew it was a loan to buy twitter, they'd crank it up too.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

Margin Call Margin Call MARGIN CALL MARGIN CALL

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

Is this a subtle way of reducing headcount since Telsa stock has tanked?

Seems like a not-very-subtle way of encouraging (unpaid) overtime

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So what happened to Elon's margin loan against Tesla? Everything's been tanking so how close is he to getting liquidated?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lawman 0 posted:

bump
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1544818589512994818
he loves having kids but not having them around.

Oh wow, is this what The Stig is down to nowadays, posting celebrity gossip?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/chancery_daily/status/1549433627896840195

https://twitter.com/chancery_daily/status/1549434313858490370

The court seems unconvinced that Musky could jut get away with paying damages :getin:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no reason to get a Tesla over the Kia/Hyundai EVs at this point unless you're convinced it'll start earning you money as a self-driving taxi or something. Efficiency is slightly worse but otherwise it just seems much better as a car in every single way.

I meant the EV6/Ioniq but that works too
vvv

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 19, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

The second question is easy: Quite a lot.

e - I suppose I should expand on that. The Grid does not discriminate, the power requirements of the country will draw from a certain amount of renewable, biomass and fossil (and nuclear) energy. Some of your power will come from burning something.

Unless you're in Iceland, I think they're 100% geothermal these days.
Or France where its like 80% nuke or renewable

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’d argue at this point the reason to get a Tesla (aside from availability, which is better than most others right now) is they’re on version 3+ of every model sold, everyone else is selling 1st gen cars, which always have lots of unforeseen issues.

I suppose the counterpoint is everyone else is actually an auto manufacturer and probably put out better first attempts than Tesla. But from reading/watching lots of reviews even VW hosed up so many basic things in their first attempt the ID.4.
Yeah but that's just VW being VW.

The Ioniq 5 doesn't seem to have any "first gen" problems (because it's not) for example

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

whatever happened to the elite legal team he said he was assembling a couple months ago to defend himself from the woke mob? why aren't they stopping this?
Not elite, he wanted "street fighting" lawyers IIRC. I'm imagining Saul Goodman basically.

We'll see how that works when the other side has a former judge from the court where the trial will take place.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't tanking the financing what would allow him to get out of the deal for $1B? Writing that off might be legit his best option at this point.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

The concept itself is not dystopian, but God knows the saudis are like the worst people to put in charge of this.

The concept isn't dystopian, just extremely dumb

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/electricalWSOP/status/1583962885989883904

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Perestroika posted:

That shape will make traffic much worse, though. Any given utility or store will service fewer people, who will have to travel a longer distance across a more limited/narrow number of routes to get there.

Yeah if arranging cities in a line made any sense, we would've been doing it for centuries. Everything is going to be so much farther away for no reason lol.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

The sewage system will need to be something special.

What do you mean "sewage system"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oh really? Where's my money Elon?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

requesting an update on this, how's your short lookin?

:lmao: wanna hear that too

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LanceHunter posted:

Hard Fork did an emergency podcast about Elon's Twitter purchase. The most interesting fact:

Every Twitter employee who gets RSUs is due for their next grant on November 1st. It'll be an enormous expense. For every employee that Elon fires before the 1st, he'll save a bunch of money. So everyone there has a sword of Damocles over their head that is likely to fall on Monday.

https://twitter.com/dee_bosa/status/1586043571081134080

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'm sure Intel would be very happy to sponsor the Racism slider

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

Unlike Trump, Elon is only wrecking a lovely website that deserves to die instead of a whole country and the rest of the world by extension.

The whole country got wrecked because of a lovely website once already

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
But the verified accounts aren't the bots? The verified accounts pay for the bots to like and retweet their poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Reminds me of the 50% discount scene from Birdemic. Dude absolutely thinks he sounds like a big boy negotiator.

Speaking of Birdemic, how are the Musky solarpanels doing?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've copied code from stackoverflow before, I'm a software engineer. So I think Musky could be too.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pretty soft girl posted:

I dont think a single man can consume 200 billion dollars worth of goldbelly cookies and mangosteen juice

You can, however, buy a lot of Nissan GT-Rs

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

No way the last guys running the place had any idea what they were doing. After looking at it for a week I know these expenses are unnecessary. Smartest guy in the room!
All they had to do to be profitable this whole time was to cut infrastructure costs in half! Duuuuh.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

beuges posted:

meanwhile, south africa's largest online news site weighs in...

Also seems like layoffs already kicked off

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

crime weed posted:

more commits = better

How does this work for like sales or HR or IT?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

crime weed posted:

they encoded the employee IDs in the whitespace

Wow I'm sure they're super scared of being fired, Elon!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Isn’t activism free speech ???

No, only corporations bribing politicians is free speech

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Just email her that image

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah Twitter's actual valuation/influence is pretty hard to gauge. like 75% of the people I know use Facebook but I can only name like....3 people who actively use Twitter. but it does have a lot of utility as a news source and a way for celebs/politicians/government bodies to make wide-reaching announcements. I mean random Trump tweets were legitimate news stories on CNN for days at a time, you don't see that kind of poo poo with FB or IG posts. which makes it even funnier that Elon's first big idea is to get rid of verification
Having celbs, politicians and other "thought leaders" on twitter is definitely more valuable to the network than a million randos who post about the cats all day.

I work at a B2B company and we do, or did at least, use twitter to both communicate announcements and news, and for paid ads. Facebook, not so much.

Azathoth Prime posted:

The really stupid part about all of it is that the compiler turns both sets of code into the exact same set of instructions as part of its optimization (which it is almost certainly better at than you). Making your code overly complicated serves zero purpose.
I'll try everything to make my lovely interpreted scripting language go faster!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dphi posted:

Account suspended, guess the free speech policy hasn't taken effect yet

What was that tweet? I guess I just scrolled past when it was first posted.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know guys, seems like the Visa lady was right?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So it's clear only complete idiots will pay Musk $8 for a checkmark.

This raises the question though, how many chuds will throw money at this to own the libs? Enough to sustain twitter with half employees and no ad revenue?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

SA basically had this back in the day when people actually cared about reg dates and you could pay $9.11 to change your reg date to 9/11/2001.

Holy poo poo does this still work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

Testing. On. Live.

The test environment was among the infrastructure that got nuked for cost reasons