Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

sticksy posted:

Much like Trump, he’s an entitled rear end in a top hat who knows the rules don’t apply to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Decon posted:

do yourself a favor and go get a copy of Gideon the Ninth

it's quite good. by far the best space necromancer bone magic fantasy-scifi book series I've ever read

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Ashmole posted:

Has Elon ever publicly credited anyone with the successes at SpaceX or Tesla? Like has he ever said "these engineers" or "this engineer" did a great job?

nope. but he did give credit to the workers at Tuskla Motors for increasing production of Tuskla cars in that Rick and Morty episode

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Where’s the engineer goon, I need to see if they concur or not

interesting

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
ahhhh! hardcore!

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
the eye is almost but not quite entirely unlike a camera

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Ups_rail posted:

there is no ethical consumption under capitalisms.

Also if you care about climate change and the enviroment telsa is the company that made the cars, buildt the charging network, showed that the model works, and now the ICE engine companies are playing catch up because they never took EV seriously.

Serious is elon a bad guy? was he always a bad guy? or is the fact he bought a unprofitable social media company, in scam that totally blew up in his face, the reason people are like "no no telsa cars are bad"

Elon's morality existed before he did the twitter thing and will exist after.

I never got on twitter, but its been a while now, why dont every one leave since its so bad

lol which subreddit did you get that from it's hilarious

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
hmm I have no idea if he's a bad guy

https://twitter.com/jasonleopold/status/1606414467361050624

there's just no way to tell, really

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

you know I think it'd probably be for the best if the white supremacist dogwhistles weren't constantly posted everywhere in every thread

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

Yes, but it’s probably OK to post them in a thread specifically concerned with the failings of a white supremacist who personally benefitted from apartheid

oh was that quoting a white supremacist post from somewhere else?

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

The Butcher posted:

Okay, I get it's not even a thing to try to joke about the reality that some places are more regressive or inaccessible than others. I'll leave this one be. Please go back to dunking on Elon, ignore me, I do apologize for any lovely talk.

do you understand why people are saying that post was transphobia? because it doesn't seem like you do

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
sounds like it's exactly correct op

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
*3 page rapsheet of slurs*

hmm yes 1 more probe should do it

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

There are ways to do this, such as a powerful earth-based laser that provides thermal energy so the rocket just needs to provide reaction mass. (None of which Elon was talking about, he's just an idiot)

in the same way that there are ways to implant a brain chip to cure dementia yeah

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

The thing is that it might not be that the ads are suddenly more poorly targeted.

Twitter ran out of other ads.

I only ever get 2 ads (not logged in to twitter): a business in my area is moving to a new address, and an ad for farming supplies. just the same 2 ads over and over as I scroll down. it's been the same 2 ads all winter

I bet each of those count as separate impressions they have to pay for, too. I don't even think I used to see ads while not logged in

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
what does "#include" do

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

Honestly I feel like I’m missing something here. Isn’t the whole point of the “that’s what she said” line that it is something seemingly innocuous that takes on a different (usually sexual) meaning if you imagine it said by a woman talking to a man? How does anything in the OP fit that joke structure? It’s so bafflingly unfunny that it makes me thing I have been misunderstanding the line for my whole life…

is elon so out of touch?

no, it's my understanding of the very concept of a joke that's wrong

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

The Butcher posted:

Don't tell him about the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation which does get federal funding and has a blanket policy on not allowing commenting on anything even remotely about indigenous people because it would take like a whole department to moderate the posts.

Free speech silenced everywhere these days.

they probably just want to make sure people can't see what their racist reporters would say in public about it

I deleted my account but for a while there every couple months I bumped a thread with a bunch of examples from a local reporter being horribly racist about missing and murdered Indigenous women (in actual articles and comments on them no less). never did get any kind of response, and he's still being paid with My Tax Dollars

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

problematic car, for problematic people

it looks like a mr show cardboard prop bus

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

It's unfortunate that Elon used the r-slur in a tweet but also super convenient since it's a nice easy thing to show your Elon liking friends as an example why he sucks, rather than opening the Tome of Reasons

definitely don't show them PYF then

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Durf posted:

I mostly remember Dawkins and the other big atheists becoming rabidly anti muslim after 9/11 broke their brains

I'm sure he'll eventually come around to endorsing traditional judeo-christian values to combat the trans menace

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1018933359978909696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
HHGTG is fine it's just young adult fiction