Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
We'll see how long I stick in, but I'm in as bbcisdabomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'm real bad at figuring out what to spend upgrade points on in games.

What's the general gist of what to spend my mastery points for the real early game? Are the +10% xp masteries worthwhile or should I just get the ones that deal with getting more resources?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Klungar posted:

The aforementioned Perk Tier List by Bhelogan, though a bit out of date, covers both Mastery Perks and Gold Perks. Negotiator/Resource Saver/Quicker Farming are all things you'll want to get as soon as possible, preferably in that order.

Thanks, that's good advice to start with and I missed your link earlier.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The further I get in this game the dumber the puns get in the mission descriptions. It's my favorite thing.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Protocol7 posted:

I finally got my sawmill but I think I have one more crafting level to go until I can craft the shields. Eh, gonna stock up on boards a bit until then I guess.

How in the hell did you get the sawmill before you can craft shields? I know I'm bad at games but drat.

Unless you're one level short of making Sturdy Shields. In that case, make regular Wooden Shields for that last level. It's less profit but you'll get there way faster.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Those names are adorable.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gold Flier jail is worse than the other jails.

I only needed 7 and I still caught about 1500 fish for that. None of the other gold fish seem to be nearly as bad.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

monkeytennis posted:

I don’t understand why anyone would need to talk about their gender/sex/sexuality in the game chat of a loving FARMING game in the first place tbqh.

A) I don't understand why anyone would need to stop people from talking about their gender when they're playing a chill farming game. Don't Ask Don't Tell is a lovely way to live and a lovely thing to enforce.

B) You've obviously never met a a farmer with a John Deere tractor. People who buy Deere don't stop at riding a tractor, they "ride" their tractor, if you know what I mean. And it doesn't stop at the tractors! Lawn mowers, leaf blowers (leaf "blowers", geddit? :wiggle:) hell Deere even makes attachments to allow you to sow your wild oats faster and farther!! If FarmRPG will allow tractorfuckers, and I'm sure they do, they can allow anyone.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
ugh why are catfish so annoying to get. I've only got 75 and I'm getting 1-2 per net and the other fish aren't worth anything. I just want to unlock the large island!!!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The corn requirements in this game are insane. I'm still running Corn Quandry, unlocked a second quest to bring Jill corn, and now there's another character demanding corn for hooch? I'm not in corn jail, I'm in corn hell.

Maybe I'll spend my first billion on the next crop row, goddamn.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I finally got my first billion silve-and it's gone.

Honestly I should have been spending that bil on increasing production but it was worth it to see big number go up.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I ended up putting it in the storehouse, and now I need to look at generating more money faster. I don't think I should be spending five days for a single upgrade when I could be doubling my wood/boards per hour or something.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I have no idea how people are getting exploring XP so fast. Even fishing is higher than exploring for me.

Are anglerfish really gates behind only a lv 6 macaw? I've got everything else for this request but like hell I'm grinding up another billion (right now) for one single request.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

Finally found my first raptor egg! Yay?

I found my first raptor egg within 100 stamina and I'm still looking for a second after 10k more spent.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

Just finished corn quandry, so I am growing some corn. Currently the two quests I have the ability to finish are gated on pocket watches to ducks and spiders to cutlass. Working on some t2 masteries (the 100x one) in the mean time. Yay treasure chests and magnifying glasses and such.

Finally got crafting to 85 or whatever so I can make purple purses and red shields. Made around 1k of each. (max inventory is 988.)

I'm sometimes reminded of how slow I go on games. I'm crafting 91 and I have like two GMs.

Finally hit 80 exploring! Spent 300k-ish stamina getting there today. All in WC. Still only one raptor egg.

Someday.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Buddy tells me Raptor Claws are significantly more rare than eggs, yet here i am at 6 claws and 1 egg. I defy odds, but only when it doesn't help me.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
If I never have to fish up another golden flier again it will be too soon.

No, I will not look up anything required for the tower.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

oldskool posted:

if you're going to do any manual fishing, eat some Cat's Meow (i got some from a quest), it's a massive multiplier to the fish you catch (biggest I've seen is 7x) & they count towards streak if you don't use mealworms
10k merit badge here i come

I'll have to do that once I get access to cooking. And get the recipe for Cat's Meow.

I just got Double Hooks, so hopefully that makes the Flier grind 20%ish shorter.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
holy poo poo the kitchen upgrade gives a bunch of XP. I went from 87 to 92 farming. Wish I'd known it gave XP, I would have waited for the halloween event to buy it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo pirate's cove is lucrative.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I love the pointlessly low farming level requirements for corn quandry. I'm on one of the last quests and it requires Farming 55. I'm pretty sure if you did nothing but grow corn for Corn Quandry you'd still be at least level 60 just from the thousands of corn you need for the quest.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo I'm out of corn jail.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Raptor Eggs are so weird. Got my first egg within my first thousand stamina. Nothing for 250k more stamina, then just now two more eggs within 100 stam.

The RNG is truly fickle.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MarcusSA posted:

I just kinda mentally keep track.

Over 200 OJ today alone.

Yeah this. I keep using all my oj on WC and it's been over a month.

Now to spend that stamina somewhere that will make me money!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I need a sanity check. I'm 99/95/96/87 and am on the run up to open the tower (once I get my grapes tonight). Do I spend my next perk points on Double Prizes 2 or on Artisan 3? Is the extra 20% crops worth it over the extra 15% silver I'll save?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Kaboobi posted:

double prizes 2, 100%

Well that's a definitive answer lol

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Made it through the corn maze and got the corn reward box by going as far northwest as I could, then grabbing the rope when offered.

Notably, I didn't make it out of the maze, it just gave me a good end. Does that mean that I am doomed to eternally walkstalk the corn? Do I get out next Halloween?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
With a bit of effort tomorrow I should be able to hit 99\99\98\98 and I'm pretty sure my character is now diabetic from all the juice I've been chugging.

Pretty good from starting the event with everything in the high 80s!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ruggan posted:

Grind out that last exploring level if you can! Apparently Haunted House is almost 6x better xp than any other area, according to the dev (in some discord).

I guess I'll do that but I'm almost out of everything. Only 300 OJ and 100 APs left but 6x is a mighty fine bonus.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MarcusSA posted:

lol yeah same. I’ll probably get to exploring 94 maybe before I’m completely out.

Make sure you're eating all the apples you get from the house, it's a shitload of stamina. Then maybe use an auto clicker on a PC because manually exploring 60k+ stamina is murdering my thumbs even at 12 stamina per tap

E. If one of you is Koshmar in-game thank you for the ciders!

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 31, 2022

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Pushed through and got that 99 exploring! Only took, uhh, 120 ciders, 305 OJs, and 46 APs. Now to not think about exploring for at least a day.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it’s a great return!

Just finished with everything and halfway through 94 so not bad overall

What's your IGN, I'll pass along some of my extra items.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ghostlight posted:

that's a lot of glass orb grinding

I'd pay for a glass orb tree orchard, that'd be nice.

Or just a production building but that seems less cool.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MarcusSA posted:

I still only have one egg lol

The trick is to get a second egg, then you start getting more eggs pretty quickly. Or so I have found.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Finally hit 4x99 today with crafting! I burned out a bit after the Halloween event and spent the last week just doing my dailies but I think I'm finally back!

Is there a secret to getting more money from fishing? I'm only getting 1.2m per large net in PC and that seems low for what other people are posting. Is it a tower reward or something?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

It's so tempting to blow 10bn on the Herbs pet even though I know storehouse is the smarter bet. (Unless 10bn crop row is somehow better?)

Got my first mega mastery today - boards. :toot:

Capybara is only 6b to get to level 6. I'm only .75b away!

vv I forgot level 7 pets were even a thing, whoops

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 9, 2022

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

I'm getting 6mn per large net - do you have reinforced nets, GM on all the fish, and all the sales bonuses? I yield 400 fish per large net.

Yes on the reinforced nets and sales bonuses, no on the GMs but that shouldn't make that big of a difference.

You know what made a big difference? Unlocking PC fish so I'm selling more than two kinds of fish. Moral of the story is to be smarter than the fish you're selling, I guess.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

:negative: how many did you void?

Lots, I'm sure. Luckily this game hasn't triggered my competitive streak so it doesn't bother me.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Saxophone posted:

Man, I’m on towering investment 3 and I went to look ahead at what else was waiting for me in that chain and uh, might have zapped my desire to play this game for a while.

Lots of bad grinding, but 150 of each gold fish after I JUST turned 100 of a bunch of them for another quest…

Man, just 18 more herbs until I can get to this horror myself.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
FarmRPG is one of the only live games I've seen with a good track record for updates. I know the snow effect wasn't a hit and I'm pretty iffy on the whole cooking system, but other than that it's been one good update after another.

e. Why can't you send pine trees through the mail! I just need 10 more for this quest and I'm excited, damnit!
What do you mean they won't fit in the mailbox i made friends with an actual dragon

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ineptitude posted:

Will the new fishing zone go straight to live or will it be beta?

Looks like it's going to be straight to live.

FWIW I also missed the signs for a Christmas event, but I've been hoarding both OJ and LNs out of sheer laziness. Score one for procrastination, I guess?