Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I have also been playing this for a while as RefereeWA. Game is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Steelworks is gonna make a big difference to me, glad to see that’s out of Beta :hellyeah:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Day 20 update: unlocked Pirate Cove and started A Towering Investment.

Jesus, I’ve been playing since January and don’t have Pirate Cove unlocked yet because of the manual fishing requirement.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Klungar posted:

How many Mealworms do you get an hour? The gold fish for Pirate Cove really shouldn’t take all that long with a healthy supply of Mealworms.

It’s more that I am developing carpal tunnel (really) and can’t do the manual fishing for a long time straight so I typically just don’t. I might try out that script but never done anything like that and really don’t want my account banned :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ve been asking in chat for the same items for the same quest for 2-3 days and have picked up about 70 peas and 20 peppers. It’s gonna take a while, I guess- only have one of the two pets to L6 so I’m just getting the funds for the other and waiting, I think :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

Hello farm nerds my IGN is Duckbar I'm going to start wasting resources wildly in anticipation of your fabulous gifts.

I will happily assist if you’ll clear your mailbox :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

So now I have a bunch of stuff, thanks, what are the pro upgrades to spend the like 50 gold I've earned so far on? Or should I save for more expensive stuff?

It’s not a bad idea to spend a little bit of gold to upgrade mailbox to 10 or 15 capacity so we can stuff it with more stuff :) But I recall sitting on a decent chunk of my gold for a while.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I do not like seaweed. :argh:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

They really need to tweak that system more. I have zero desire to complete any of those requests right now because they simply aren’t worth it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

mrmcd posted:

I somehow got a couple hundred million silver?

I desposited all my money before going to bed, and woke up this morning and took it out, and now I have like, 10x?

Probably Grand Mastered something? That pays 250M iirc

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Aerox posted:

Geckoes don’t drop from pets at all, so you’re not missing anything there.

Herbs are a pain but spamming stamina on Whispering Creek seems like a good idea. Herbs for the quest, best source of explore exp, and crafting/selling garnet rings will help some with money.

Crab Claws do, though, and Crab Claws into the well turn into Geckos (or Sea Dragons or Frogs, all of which you’ll probably need at some point soon enough).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just opened 25 bag 07s and didn't get a single flier.

I got *one* Gold Flier for my 25 bags :bang:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kaboobi posted:

for reference: I'm currently STILL honey gated doing the very very endgame quests, and just made my owl 6 to get some goldfish for another endgame quest

I somehow got 3 of the 5 required goldfish for the collector quest without taking the owl to L6. Is there a way to get the last two I need for that quest without upgrading the owl? I really don’t want to do it before I have to, but can’t recall where I got the three goldfish I have.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Klungar posted:

Getting your Tower to Level 49 provides 140 of them.

Well, I haven’t unlocked the tower yet so that’s probably not on the immediate horizon :blush:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

susan b buffering posted:

I could use 80 more if you want to throw in :)

Sent 60 your way.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

Manual fishing for gold fish is entirely killing this game for me. Too low of drop rate, no impact of skill on drop rate. That's my vent.

100% agreed.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Finally hit 4x99 tonight. :toot:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

oldskool posted:

community center is worms for lemonade, and according to my calculations it's 300k silver to buy the 100k (at most) you'd need to donate for a 100 gold achievement

Good call, got the Oprah achievement you referenced once I saw your post. Thanks!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Unponderable posted:

Requiring a super rare in an exploring zone where the only option is manual clicking is literal torture.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kaboobi posted:

finally hit tower 100 and holy poo poo the inventory boost makes mastering things so so so much easier

How many items do you have mastered already to have enough AK to unlock tower level 100? I’m at Level 32 with 66 mastered/27 GM’d and already running dry on AK.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Klungar posted:

I’m at T103 and have 149 Mastered and 80 Grand Mastered (and no Merit Badges).

Guess I’ve got some more work to do then! Thanks!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ineptitude posted:

PSA: the townfolk gift menu does not respect your item lock settings.
Don't give them one-offs, super rares, gold, etc.

Hopefully that gets fixed ASAP- that’s terrible.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Seaweed is at Borgen's Camp. The final quest for it needs 2000, so open up all your Large Chest 01s for 100 ancient coins each.

Thank you for this!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kaboobi posted:

throw a compass in the well, get a magna core
make a new compass, maybe the +45% chance of duplicating will get you two
repeat, until you have tens/hundreds/thousands of compasses

That’s fantastic, just started this today.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

andy_social posted:

I’m beginning to enjoy the grind. I’ve spent well over to 50k stamina today finding 50 of the 200 herbs I need for ATI but did get 7 raptor eggs. Realizing that Beatrix wanted the extra oak while I was waiting on mushrooms for bows sort of saved my sanity. I’ll apologize in advance for possibly asking in here for cheese and dragonflies if #giveaways doesn’t pan out.

Sent you a mailbox of dragonflies, have plenty of those and cheese. Just let me know how much you need.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

1000 Sea Dragons? WTF :argh:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Atoramos posted:

I was so glad I was gonna hit 1k spiked shells and completely missed the 1k sea dragon quest. Ugh.

The 1K Sea Dragon quest is where I’ve been for a while now. poo poo sucks.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gating Super Rare quest items behind crops sucks. Give us mega seeds of all the crops so I can get past this stupid Piece of Heart quest.

I’m stuck here too. Sucks.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

andy_social posted:

Over 16k watermelons with no heart piece yet. Good times.

I’m at 14K+ with nothing.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Make sure you donate to the Community Center goal today if you haven’t and get the Gold reward.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

delfin posted:

What's the compass trick?

Kaboobi posted:

throw a compass in the well, get a magna core
make a new compass, maybe the +45% chance of duplicating will get you two
repeat, until you have tens/hundreds/thousands of compasses

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Atoramos posted:

What did you do with the mailbox PoH? As far as I know I've only ever had the one PoH and never dug one up, but I could be mistaken.

say what now

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Teapots in Borgen’s Shop today, that’s good news.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Temple is open, thank God. Time to sacrifice Watermelons like a fiend for that Piece of Heart.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

delfin posted:

The Piece of Heart finally dropped, at the 27,936 watermelon mark. Figures that it waited for the Temple to come out of the beta before showing.

Now for the potato.

Lol, just had the same experience (and **two** of them dropped!) 20,552 for me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

FINALLY

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

And 7 of them to boot!

I see what you did there :rimshot:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Unlocked Glacier Lake and hit Tower 100 in the last 24 hours. Feels good. :dance:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

widespread posted:

To add, we now have a mini-event. +10% experience and silver, and...

:siren: MULTIPLE FISH PER HOOK IS BACK :siren:

Yeah, I guess it’s time to get the merit badge, even though my wrist really doesn’t want me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jhet posted:

If you have 5-6 you can throw to Jhet that would be appreciated. I’ve been growing so many onions, but that cooking bar moves so slowly.

Sent you a mailbox load :)