Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Go RV! posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/symbiote-invasion-event/

Apparently there's an event hidden in the News feed. Do some event stuff, get an avatar

team venom what what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

do you eventually unlock the ability to challenge specific players?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm level ~130 and I don't have a single cool deck's worth of cards.

I'm stuck grinding out my grays -> greens -> blues, but all the cool lists I see, I'm missing ~1-2 cards.

also, game's good.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I got absolutely curb stomped by a Multiple Man move deck, now I gotta try one. any recommendations?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jedit posted:

Pool 1?

Iron Fist, Nightcrawler
Angela, Forge, Kraven, Multiple Man
Doctor Strange, Hulkbuster
Enchantress, Miles Morales*
Amy Chav, Heimdall

If you're in Pool 2 then you can sub in Vision, Vulture and Cloak if you have them - flex cards are Amy and Enchantress, or Miles if you don't have the Season Pass.

If you're in Pool 1 and you don't have Miles, your best replacement is probably Klaw. Move decks tend to fill the two leftmost locations at the cost of the right, so people often play light in that lane expecting to win it cheaply against Heimdall and also in the leftmost lane expecting to lose it to your biggest moves. Surprising them with a bit of extra power to the right or centre will win a few games.

I should have specified, Pool 1.

Missing Hulkbuster, Miles, and Amy from your list

here's what I'm working with at CL 142:

Abomination
Angela
Ant-Man
Apocalypse
Armor
Bishop
Blade
Blue Marvel
Cable
Carnage
Colossus
Cosmo
Cyclops
Deathlok
Elektra
Enchantress
Forge
Gamora
Hawkeye x2
Heimdall
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man x2
Ironheart
Jessica Jones
Kazar
Korg
Kraven
Lady Sif
Medusa
Mister Fantastic
Mister Sinister
Misty Knight x2
Morph
Multiple Man
Namor
Nightcrawler
Odin
Onslaught
Professor X
Punisher
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Sentinel
Shocker
Spectrum
Spider-Woman
Star Lord x2
Strong Guy
Sword Master
Thing
Uatu
White Queen
White Tiger
Wolfsbane x2
Wolverine
Yondu

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 26, 2022

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Any recommendations for winning locations with one card? I have three separate quests for it.

Jessica Jones

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Managed to get captain America and America Chavez yesterday so once I have squirrel girl I should have all the good pool 1 stuff

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Go RV! posted:

They're also good targets for Carnage once you get him in pool 2, or Patriot in Pool 3.

So, like most of the cards in the game, all depends on how you build.

I’m in pool 1 and have carnage, I think he’s in the event free tier

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

I can't believe Ben Brode just went and made Smash Up, but with a better and more well-loved IP.

Fixed

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

Yes, it's so ideal when Elektra gets Elektra'd on turn 1

if you're playing elektra on turn 1 you're loving up

elektra's for removing a since-buffed 1 cost card in rounds 4-5

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm missing 1-3 cards from almost every single deck posted here. extremely frustrating!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

Marvel Snap Zone has a neat article that is about decks you can build with one pool 3 card and all the rest pool 2&1. It's a nice starting point for the awkward Pool 3 Adolescence.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

appreciate it! I am almost exactly halfway through pool 2. I changed the URL to pool-2-decks and I'm looking through that for stuff I can build.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just realized I can run this on my M2 Mac, goodbye productivity

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

This started happening to me and I've seen a few posters asking as well. Idk maybe a bug or maybe they're not super strict with matching to get games going faster.

I'm in pool 2 and I've noticed significantly longer matchmaking times in the last week. on release it was never more than a couple seconds, now it can go almost 10

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

4 of my last 5 random cards have been Sunspot, Shang-Chi, Infinaut, and Killmonger, with Collector rounding it out.

feels like I can actually make good Pool 2 decks now

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm CL 567 and I win 95% with this bog standard kazoo deck:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Elektra
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWt0cmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm CL 567 and I win 95% with this bog standard kazoo deck:

I swapped Onslaught out for Ultron and this deck is even better now

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I could see that being an upgrade, because if for some reason they throw Killmonger at you midway through the game, you play Ultron and flood the board with Ultron bots to replace what you lost

I'm sure he'll start wrecking my poo poo when I get to better competition, but where I'm at now I've seen killmonger exactly 3 times.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I think you have everything I listed in this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4002418&pagenumber=123&perpage=40#post528485198

if so give it a shot

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I want Patriot so bad

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I purposefully choose the first random username the game came up with, have never changed my avatar or card back, never set a title, never emote.

go ahead think I'm a bot

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

JackDarko posted:

A Zoo deck is also very consistent especially if you’re not facing Killmonger. It’s not a deck that will surprise people, so you may not climb quickly.

adding ultron to kazoo eliminated my fear of killmonger

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I coulda sworn Blue Marvel boosted Ultron's drones, but that didn't happen just now.

something change?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

goferchan posted:

Ongoing effects disabled? Some other aura giving them -1? He definitely does

might have been the location, but I figure I would have caught that.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I've been having fun with this Patriot / Zoo deck. I don't have Brood or Debrii for a Surfer deck nor do I have Doom. I do love when people drop Leader and they get an Ultron

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron
#

I was planning on trying something similar to this should I ever get Patriot

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I don't have zabu but I did play one of those "draw from your opponent's deck" games against a zabu deck and my opponent retreated on turn 5.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just pulled Sera from a collector's reserve at collection level 1138.

feels good!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

canyonero posted:

Magik was just one of the main characters in that Midnight suns game, so I’m guessing there are plenty of new fans of hers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbOXuurrHPI&t=108s

bonus sunspot too

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

should I pin Hela?

big time pool 3 I'm missing:
cerebro
daredevil
electro
leader
mister negative
patriot
polaris
spider-man
taskmaster
wave
zero

only pool 4 I've got is Attuma

EDIT: also saw that amazing Mysterio head variant and couldn't resist

EDIT: holding out for patriot then

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

should I pin Hela?

guess who just got Hela from a reserve

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

:yeshaha:

Not out yet but I love this.

weird perspective, looks like his right shoulder flat out isn't there

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just scored "win a location with 20 or more power."

I played nightcrawler on turn 1, and my opponent retreated on turn 2 before I could play anything.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AzureFlame posted:

Was the location Mojoworld?

I don’t think so! I think I had 2 power

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I don’t like how your collection shows all your variants but if you edit a deck it only shows your favorite variants.

I have a deck in which I always keep my lowest quality cards and it’s extra clicks to set variants.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Thom and the Heads posted:

ok forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here. how did I lose if I have less on bar? Have I been misunderstanding bar with no name this whole time or something? do you only win that lane????

this is the funniest thing I've seen in days

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/1124slw/pov_a_new_location_just_dropped/

this got a sensible chuckle

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I think it’s one booster per round the match sees

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

Ok which one of you is User: Playing Bad Decks on Purpose

80% of my games I play my upgrading deck of whichever 12 cards have the lowest quality.

I win maybe 50%.

Re: p2 to p3 squeeze, the only reason I’m still playing is getting ultron early in p3, and just as that wore thin, Death.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I only just realized that sorting your collection by "upgradeable" not only moves your cards with upgrades available to the top, it sorts the rest in ascending order of boosters needed till next upgrade.

instead of my upgradable deck composed of my lowest quality cards, now I can get an upgrade every 1-2 games by including the top 12 upgradeable that don't have upgrades available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mr.PayDay posted:

I have an “upgrade deck” with all grey, green and blue cards that I play once in a while to farm some boosters.

The cards usually don’t have any synergy, maybe accidentally, and the curve often is horrible.
And yet you win with this once in a while and you trolled both the opponent and yourself successfully.

I had the same as you till I discovered the quirk of upgradeable sorting in my post, and now my upgrade deck cycles new cards in MUCH faster.

it's likely the grays and greens have the fewest boosters till upgrading, but you may discover some higher level cards only 1-2 away.