Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just got Shang Chi'd for the first time, welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah for awhile I was sailing through games but once I got to like 35 I have plateaued

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Hang in… if you buy the season pass, there’s a shop where you can buy new cards and not just variants?
No the card shop thing is if you have Collection Level 500 or above

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

The new bundle dropped.

Hearts Wild
$29.99
1500 Credits
90's Rouge variant & avatar
90's Gambit variant & avatar

.....Yeeeaaaah don't buy this. The holiday bundle is far for valuable for its price (plus you can pay with gold you earned for free if you save up)
Yeah this is really bad for some reason, those cards aren't remotely worth it

I did enjoy my free Storm variant though, since I haven't unlocked regular Storm yet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well I had thought I was in Tier 3, but I guess I still have like 3 cards left to get in Tier 2.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would probably swap out Uatu for something like Agent 13, and then Mr Fantastic for something else better

Warpath to me seems like a very limited use card since it's going to really limit your options of play.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

District X gave me an Agent 13, who then gave me another Agent 13. How exciting
That's pretty funny

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently January's season will be focused around the Savage Land

https://marvelsnapzone.com/january-2023-season/

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus Christ there's some kind of Holiday Apocalypse bundle in the store that is 7500 gold, which is like $60-75

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just hit CL 500

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well my first Collector’s Cache I opened was Destroyer so that seems pretty good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tekopo posted:

What's the rule with pool matching anyway? With pool 1, I didn't face any pool 2 cards until I went past the pool 1 cap. With pool 2 end, I'm still like 3-4 cards away from getting the entire pool and I'm facing cards from pool 3, from bots and real players alike.
Yeah apparently that's about when you start to see Pool 3 stuff, when you are a few cards short of the full Pool 2

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well there goes my 3K points on She-Hulk

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just won like 3 games in a row with Hobgoblin

Once I lucked out because I thought my opponent filled their location but it turned out they were playing Venom, so they destroyed all of their cards and then my Hobgoblin neutralized the Venom card completely

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well I ran into someone who already has Knull, which I guess was released officially today?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'll take the 1000 credits, but the pixel Spider-Woman looks like absolute rear end

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well I unlocked Mystique with some of those points, so I'll take that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

quite stretched out posted:

If She Hulk is in my shop I should probably grab her hey. So far most of my pool 3 cards have been in the discard deck but she seems too powerful to pass up?
Yeah I burned my 3K on her and she has been useful in a lot of decks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I have had reasonable success with a similar Jubilee deck. It is very dependent on pulling her for obvious reasons. Mine also has Storm in it, so ideally you go turn 3 Storm, turn 4 Jubilee and then pull something strong from her ability. If you have Infinaut I would swap that out for Spider-Woman or Klaw.

The last two cards I pulled from Collector's Caches were Brood and Wong, I'm on a roll baby

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I could see that being an upgrade, because if for some reason they throw Killmonger at you midway through the game, you play Ultron and flood the board with Ultron bots to replace what you lost

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Love that I'm trying to look up Wong decks on Marvel Snap Zone and almost all of them have Zabu in it, a card that isn't even released yet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I didn't see any of those top tier bundles like that until I passed CL500. You don't even get to unlock those rotating Tier 3/4/5 cards until that level.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I haven't run into Leader that much yet, and I don't think I've run into Galactus at all. Somehow I got hit with Knull the same day as release.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Had a funny game earlier where we had the space that makes you switch hands for Turn 6. My opponent went with Leech on T5, which then gave him my Leeched cards for T6. Genius.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I was trying to run a Silver Surfer focused deck, but it seems like I need more Pool 3 cards to help with that like Sera before it's going to work very well.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

goferchan posted:

It's definitely playable without Sera. Brood is the only must-have IMO.
I do have Brood but maybe I'm just not getting the right order of how I need to play these cards. Surfer only adds the +3 to cards that are on the board, so I would assume it needs to be later. I don't have any 2 power cards in this deck right now, which I may have to fix.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s always funny when I’m playing my Ultron deck and I leave Washington DC open only to flood it with drones on the last turn

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Unlocked four caches and snagged Ultron!

Then I overshot a bit making my Magneto extra shiny and wound up with a fifth cache. It had Destroyer!!! :hellyeah:

I don’t really have the pieces to make Ultron work yet but Destroyer I can play right away. It even plays nice with a lot of my favorite control cards like Cosmo, Armor and Professor X.
I have had a lot of luck using a KaZoo deck with Ultron being the Turn 6 card

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Lmao first two boxes I get Agatha and Hela. Hela is gonna be sick.
Yeah I really want Hela to complete my destroy deck

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Having vastly more success climbing with Kazoo than Devil Dino at rank 70-ish (CL 1300). It's acutally kind of amazing how much power you can dump on the board in turn 6 and people are almost never expecting it. It's great against Leader and even Leech since most of your 1-drops are just bodies really. Just make sure you don't get turn priority going into turn 6 so they can drop a Killmonger after you've jizzed 1-drops everwhere.

Here's the deck if anyon'e curious, but it's pretty standard. I tinkered with Ultron but he's not actually that great, it's not hard to fill the board T6 without him and you end up with more options.

code:
# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Bishop
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
I have been using a similar deck but with Ultron and for the most part it has been working. Opponents are not really expecting me to flood the board on T6 with Ultron bots that are being powered up by Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

thatguyclint posted:

I'm honestly surprised by how many people are thrown off by this; they'll put down a Killmonger to knock off my Sunspot or Iceman that I put down early, only to be left standing there like Vincent Vega when drones fly in at (hopefully) 3 power.
I've only had one person in the last week or so throw a Killmonger at me on T6 to stop my plan

Otherwise like you said it's usually earlier in the match

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I believe he was just released yesterday

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sentry would work well in destroy desks right? Just throw a Carnage or Deathlok at The Void

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just unlocked Wasp, is there anything she’s useful for?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don’t have either of those yet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Probably Shuri, right? Isn't Thanos a very complicated card to get to work properly?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

What’s your guys worst losing streak?
I lost 21 of my 30 matches today with my zoo deck and wonder if this even variance or just bullshit ?

Did I mess my deck up? I try to flood the board on 6 but get hosed up, worst case draws or get completely denied every momentum .
Perhaps it’s just bad RNG.

I had 60-70% winrate last week with this deck and since yesterday it just gets shut down or does not even remotely perform. I can’t even win 33% anymore.

I am CL1375 and went down to rank 40 and give up for now.
One of my decks is similar, but I use the following-

Iceman, Sunspot, Elektra, Nova, Ant-Man, Mojo, Angela, Wolfsbane, Captain America, Ka-Zar, Blue Marvel, Ultron

Basically just throw a bunch of your 1 cost cards on different places and then you want Ka-Zar T4, Blue Marvel T5, and then Ultron T6. Ideally you leave one of those locations mostly open so you can blanket it with drones.

I am going to replace Angela with Armor because I am running into more people carrying Killmonger lately

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 23, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is Ego an incredibly rare location or something? I've never seen it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would really like to run a decent discard deck, but I have yet to unlock Hela, Ghost Rider, Death, or Dracula yet. Racked up a bunch of credits earlier tonight but my unlocks were like Invisible Woman, Mysterio, Dr Octopus, and maybe one other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Love getting my Ultron Leadered and they get a bunch of weenies while I get some beefy four power drones
Someone tried that strategy on my Ultron and they lost