Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Hobo Clown posted:

I kinda thought Kamar-Taj Day might bump me up to the 90s, but I couldn't get any momentum going. Also didn't want to dedicate that much time to it on my day off.

Was doing really well the first couple weeks this season and thought it could be my first Infinite, but alas

Yeah. I had a really great start to the season and hit 80/85 for the first time. Hung around the low 80's for a bit, and thought I could get my first Infinite with the longer season, but then a switch just flipped and I've gotten my dick kicked in for the last two weeks. All the way into the 60's, although I climbed back into the 70's over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
snap in proving grounds, you monsters

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

uXs posted:

(technically you could use the 'first loser concedes' system without snapping, but good luck getting people to do that)

until they institute some obnoxious "concede" emoji to spam, the double snap is the best signal for such an interaction

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
HE Hulk can kick rocks

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I just lost a game because even after we got the location where you switch hands on turn 6, this mf'er still drew his HE Hulk. Fuuuuuuck you.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It took me a bit to realize DD could see the actual cards, but I noticed that you could see the character outlines and quickly figured it out from there.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

New Leaf posted:

This has to be on PC though, right? I can't make out anything on mobile.. Just red wiggly circles.

Nah. I only play on my phone. Some characters certainly stick out more than others.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m on an iPhone and can see the character outlines through the card.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I love the subtle Tenacious D nods with “Rise of the Phoenix” and “Power to Move You”. Wonder if they’ll drop another reference this season.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

dangerburrd posted:

A brown girl smiling and giving a thumbs up is not a teabag.

lol come the gently caress on

They should add more emotes, either way. Seems like a fun thing to change up even if most of their usage is people being dickheads

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
After hoarding 31 caches and gaming the system, I pulled Agent Coulson, Dracula, Human Torch, Magneto, Invisible Woman, Shuri and Nick Fury along with the Skottie Young Rocket variant. Also, a good amount of gold and tokens (didn't count exact) and a handful of titles, but no avatars. Got Living Tribunal, the Knull variant and Jean Grey from my spotlights. Think I'm gonna save my fourth as a buffer for future weeks.

Overall, a pretty nice loving haul for someone who still has a lot of S3 to go. It makes the last few weeks of restraint worth it. Got a lot of important pieces all at once and now I can gently caress around with so many new things.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I think it’s nice.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lmao

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Pretty sick variant tho

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I got X-23 on my first cache. Pretty cool.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I feel like I don't play Conquest THAT much, yet I always end up with enough medals that once the new items for the week go on sale, I can immediately get all of them , or maybe just have to play a couple rounds to get the last 50 or 100 I need.

This sounds like you play Conquest a lot.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

victorious posted:

FFS I just wasted a spotlight cache on Modok... The accidental spotlight tap protection can't come soon enough.

Like, getting him for the first time? Or a variant? He's a good card to have.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
All I want is Jeff. I pulled Ghost Spider and 1000 tokens. I think I can earn another Spotlight this week, though. Let’s flip this coin!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I earned enough to open a third spotlight cache this week and it was between a cool Knull variant that I probably won’t use because I already have a cool Knull variant…or Jeff!

I got Jeff! :frogc00l:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Quackles posted:

I'd keep opening them, because you can get variants and credits.

Also, go play Conquest :v:

This is correct. People need to stop being such little freaks about optimizing everything and whining about every cache and just play the drat game sometimes. Playing those three conquest tickets will basically get you a mystery variant in the conquest shop, even if you win none of your games.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Also, the dailies don’t disappear after 24 hours, do they? If you log back in later and just knock out the other missions, those “tough” missions can just be knocked out progressively over a couple days if you’re really having trouble with one.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It was probably discussed a long time ago, but I was watching Teen Titans Go! the other day and realized that Dan Hipp is the Art Director on that show and it all makes sense now.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So what are we thinking on Ravonna after most of a week out? I have enough tokens for her and Mobius. Is she going to get fixed enough that I should buy her and recoup 200 tokens on the weekend mission?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Devo posted:

I don't think Ravonna is as bad as most people, but in an either/or situation it's definitely Mobius. Have a feeling he's going to be borderline game breaking.

Mobius is also series 4, right? I have enough for both. Just wondering if thoughts have shifted on Ravonna. If I don’t get her now, it’ll be awhile.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I guess that’s probably my big concern. She’s not listed in upcoming spotlight data mines, right? So I feel like if I pass on her now, I’ll be waiting forever for her to show up in my shop if she does get buffed shortly. I sorta like her possibilities.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Nikumatic posted:

Yeah, I'm not too excited about Man-Thing or Silver Samurai or Lady Deathstrike, but I am excited about getting three new cards in one week and dopamine is way more important than results.

:yeah:

It’s the only upcoming week where I have none of the cards. The rest of October is pretty underwhelming for me, so I can just get three new cards and save up for November.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I find the whole subgenre pretty lazy, but Knullified Daredevil is pretty cool.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’ve been completely F2P. Haven’t spent a single dime. The game is still fun, even if it’s occasionally frustrating. Y’all bitch too much.

In other news, pulled Nico with my first cache. Debating if I want to try for Phoenix Force or just save my other two. :yeah:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m always annoyed when I get beat by Phoenix, but yeah, I get the feeling that I’d never get the right draw and would get bored by the deck quickly.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

CapnAndy posted:

loving lmao that their solution to Spotlight Caches being so badly designed that nobody ever opens them because 90% of the time, opening one is sub-optimal, is just "make hoarding them easier" rather than, y'know, actually fixing the problem.

It was a solution to people accidentally opening caches they didn't want to open and it seems to be a good solution. Also, a lot of people in this thread are talking about opening caches. Seems fine.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Loki is an absolute nightmare. If there’s a card that needs fixing, it’s him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Werewolf by Night has seemed super fun so I talked myself into trying for him now that I built up 4 caches, even though I have the other two cards. Got him on my first try, so now I’m still ready for Loki week. :yeah:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Beasteh posted:

I want Alioth and Knull but having two series 4 cards in a spotlight week sucks major rear end

You’ve been playing for like a month and can guarantee Alioth and Knull pulls in one week. Two of the best cards in the game. The level of needless bitching in this thread is insane.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, Rogue becomes an Ongoing immediately after stealing it. It has screwed me with Abs Man and WWbN the past few days for sure.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Silver Surfer Werewolf deck I’ve been rolling is some of the most fun I’ve had with the game in awhile.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm very curious what this is, but then again I know it will have Nico and I'll be sad.

Nah. It’s a pretty standard Surfer shell. Rogue is a nice tech. Abs Man comes in handy a lot. But you can win even if you don’t pull WWbN early and if you do pull him early, he can get massive

# (1) Nova
# (2) Goose
# (3) Magik
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Crystal
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Werewolf By Night
# (3) Thor
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJvZ3VlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDcnlzdGFsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYWtpYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2VyZXdvbGZCeU5pZ2h0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYnNvcmJpbmdNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Red posted:

Unless you're sitting on like 70 caches why go hog wild for a card you're not excited about

Because, as evidenced in this thread, the only thing people love more than playing Marvel SNAP is bitching about Marvel SNAP.

I needed all three cards this week. Pulled all 3 without the 1000 token whammy. :woop: Now let's see if I can build up 2 more spotlight keys (3 total) to have a decent shot at Annihilus.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
People who buy bundles, especially those above the $5 level is definitively still an edge case. I dunno if there’s stats on how many people are F2P vs season pass vs more than that but whales are rare for a reason.

Skippy McPants posted:

I think they just need more S4/5 cards in general. If they resumed series drops without a sizable backlog, then Spotlights would quickly become the same set of cards every few weeks.

Off the top of my head, there’s about 30 S4/5 cards right now, which is about a three month rotation through Spotlights. That said, they’re ramping up to 5 new cards per week starting next month, and a 3-4 month rotation sounds fine to me, so yes, bring back Series Drops.

I didn’t realize they were upping the amount of weekly new cards. Should be interesting.

Obviously more new cards solves a lot of problems, but I wonder, in a game with relatively simple mechanics and small decks, there have to be a lot of restrictions on what new cards you can even create. What new card types are people anticipating, especially those of you who have played a lot of Hearthstone and whatnot. The play on the toilet 12 card deck game can’t go full MTG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

canyonero posted:

He meant 5 a month. Or specifically, the first week of a season will have a new card in addition to the Season Pass card.

Ha. That makes much more sense.