Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there an effective counter to Dracula/Infinaut/Ghost Rider/Death decks? They're all the rage right now and I don't have any of those cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jedit posted:

Winning the other two lanes usually works.

Tongue in cheek aside, Moon Knight and Maximus are both fair counters to Dracula. MK takes away the card he was holding, and Maximus adds cards to reduce the chance of Dracula hitting the Infinaut.

The other, slightly more complex counter to Dracula is Invisible Woman. If you put her and Shang-Chi in his Dracula lane, Shang will reveal after Dracula discards.

Haha I don't have Moon Knight, Maximus or Invisible Woman either. The matchmaking isn't very kind to new-ish players

I think the winning strategy here is to run away whenever it becomes obvious what they're doing

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lost ten matches in a row this morning, then got Weirdworld on T1 and was beaten by my own loser deck

The problem is me :negative:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Sean posted:

Lost like "finished all 6 turns and lost" or lost like "retreated?" I'm sure the answer is somewhere in between but nonetheless.

A bit of both, yeah.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Sean posted:

This is my advice:

Appreciate it. I've been playing about a month and my CL is somewhere in the 800s. I'm pretty good at recognizing the play they're going to make and know whether or not I can compete with it. I get trounced constantly by cards I don't have access to, so I try not to sweat the cubes and focus on dailies & weeklies.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dunno if this was supposed to happen but I let Murderworld kill Wolverine & Sabretooth. Wolverine came back but never leveled up no matter how many times he died, while Sabretooth just vanished and never returned.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Saw this on Reddit, some pretty funny T1 RNG insanity

quote:

jubilee grabbed zola, and the two jubilee clones grabbed their own topdecks. one of the jubilees let an odin out who then invited doom and the doombots to the mix

Edit: beaten like me when I play Marvel Snap

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 3, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

When is Leader getting nerfed? I'm trying out a new She-Hulk deck and all of a sudden he's getting dropped every game

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

BoldFace posted:

If he hasn't updated his game yet, he might still be getting matched against pre-nerf Leader players.

That must be it, I assumed it wouldn't have let me play without the update but I just did it now. Probably explains why Wolverine never seemed to level up after death.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Gaussian posted:

If I want to do a Typhoid Mary/Enchantress combo, does the order I play the cards in matter? I swear I've played both orders TM/Ench and Ench/TM and get the debuff from TM both times, although maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Enchantress power is On Reveal so you'd want to play her second

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Any fun Agatha decks? A lot of the online advice is to use a discard deck to get rid of her quickly, which feels like it's defeating the purpose.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I don't have Ghost Rider or Hela so my discard deck is often at the mercy of RNG; probably even moreso if I add Agatha to the mix. I figured she's rarely a winning strategy but wondered what could let her cause maximum chaos or confusion.

I played someone the other day with an Infinity-level rainbow Agatha :psyduck:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

That's kinda funny. So at the very least she's good at boosting your CL?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Threw together a quick Agatha deck for the hell of it. On my first game, she dropped a T3 Cosmo, blocking Venom from eating Bucky & Deadpool, forcing an immediate retreat.

100% win rate so far, things are looking up!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I only started playing a month ago, so having Zabu was a nice way to keep me competitive against legacy players with every card & meta decks.

For me he was rarely the automatic win people think he is, but I'm also lacking the cards he tends to get paired with. Was still a nice way to advance enough until I could build some other tenable decks that didn't use him.

RIP to my Marvel cat friend that I had never heard of before this mobile game

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Morbius -> Moon Girl -> MODOK is a very fun combo when I can line it up. My discard deck is much more tenable now even without Ghostrider or Hela

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How is "retreat later" supposed to work? I get a message up saying it's checking if the other player is retreating, and then a second later it says I've escaped and I lose a cube. Seems exactly the same as "retreat now" unless they happen to quit during that very small window where it's checking?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Skippy McPants posted:

It delays your retreat until your opponent either retreats or locks in their turn. If you both retreat nobody loses a cube, if they lock their turn then you lose whatever you had staked.

It's most useful on turns 5 and 6 when the game is close, and you think you ought to retreat but aren't quite sure. There's a decent chance your opponent is thinking the same thing, so sometimes it'll save you some cubes. Also if they snap late and you think they might be bluffing, hoping to force a retreat.

That makes sense, thanks everyone. I usually only try it when it's T2 or T3 and we've gotten bad batch of unfun locations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I've been playing for about six weeks and I don't think I've ever seen Darkhawk once. I keep having to look up what he does because I forget why everyone hates playing against him.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandwolf posted:

unless you're past CL600 enjoy the ignorance for now

I just hit CL1000 this morning. Probably jinxed myself by saying it and will see it all the time now.

I've been rocking a MODOK deck lately and it seems like he'd effectively counter DH?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandwolf posted:

not really cuz Darkhawk works off of cards in your deck, not hand. counter Darkhawk tech is like, adam warlock or something. jubilee.

Oh poo poo you're right, it's deck and not hand. That does sound pretty OP.

Thom and the Heads posted:

idk how anyone has the stomach to play discard more than a few games in a row. i'm CONSTANTLY discarding the one card in my hand i need to not discard.

I rarely touched my discard deck until I had MODOK for that reason. Blade & Sword Master always seemed to pick the one card I wanted them to avoid. It's also why Ghost Rider & Hela feel broken, they remove the unlucky RNG factor by bringing all your cards back.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My finger hovers over the retreat button whenever I see Wong because I know I'm probably about to see some bullshit

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I've accidentally clicked snap out of impulse after the results started appearing and I knew I'd won. I still got the "OH SNAP" sound effect but it didn't affect my cubes. No idea how it registered on the other end.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jedit posted:

Reminder that it's Monday, so hold back four completed dailies to turn in immediately after reset.

What does that do?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm CL1125 and I've probably seen Galactus played twice ever, and once was by me when I drew him from The Raft.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hela always seemed so OP to me but now that I finally drew her I can't seem to make her work in my disco deck. It's probably because I'm not ready to give up MODOK yet.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I definitely feel like I'm at a detriment because I didn't start playing right when the game came out. I'll always be outclassed by people who have access to every card and can build whatever meta deck works best with the featured location. CL progression has also slowed to a crawl, even with the Battle Pass, so at most I might get a new card every 4 days.

I stick around because I like the gameplay and collection aspect of it but it's definitely starting to feel like I'll never make any meaningful progress.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandwolf posted:

I have precisely three destroy engines. Carnage, Deathlok, and technically Killmonger. I cannot make him a 32.

If you power him up with Hulkbuster then he'll double that when killed. I've been able to get him to 20 that way without any kill locations it's usually enough to cause a retreat.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Was using an older deck just to cross off my "use 10 1-cards" daily, it doesn't have much going for it but managed to get off a Wong->White Tiger combo. I ended up losing by a few points, but the opponent spammed so many Thumbs Up emojis after. I assume he was at the end of a long tilt and had been burned by Wong before lol

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Man I'm having just absolute dogshit RNG this morning. Locations that actively work against me, none of the cards I need are being drawn until it's too late. I tried switching through a few decks and could never get any momentum. Some days the game just wants you to go away.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Ninurta posted:

Edit: Is anyone else having a slow go with the Season Pass this month? I'm only at 34(Should hit 37-38 when I complete the Week) and usually end up in the 70s.

Last season was my first BP and I made it to mid 90s by just playing & doing dailies. Currently I'm at 28. Haven't missed a daily but I guess I've been playing less?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

tor_blackblood posted:

I'm gonna have to take a break from this game. I really do enjoy the mechanics, the animations, the artwork, etc. However, I cannot justify dropping money on this game for just the chance that maybe I'll get the cards I need for a competitive deck. For the same investment of money and time, I can just buy a battle pass or some draft tokens in MTG Arena and hit the mythic ladder within the month consistently. All that being said, if Second Dinner ever does implement a crafting system for cards, I will come back in a heartbeat.

I'm nearly there after today. Dropped from 46 to 38, could not get any single one of my decks to land. Every play I tried is instantly countered and snapped. Took the full day to "win 15 matches" and I'm almost always beaten by cards I don't have. This just isn't fun.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm really tempted to get this Kingpin variant, but I don't have any of the cards that work well with him so it wouldn't see much use.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

This is going to be a big problem soon, if it isn't already. The player base should be excited for new releases, but I wonder what % actually are in a position to see them and afford to get the new cards.

Ghost showed up in my shop pretty soon after release but I didn't have anywhere enough tokens and it's hard to know what's worth while if I'm missing a bunch of pool 3 cards.

Lol this is me. That list of upcoming cards looked dire because they're all just more ways I'm gonna lose. I might be able to try them if I stick it out through June and they aren't nerfed by then.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

"Win a location with 4 cards" is my least favorite mission. None of my decks are really built for it and even when I leave two lanes obviously & completely wide open for them to do whatever with, they'll still hit me with a T6 Magneto or Killmonger to ruin it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Naked Man Punch posted:

Got a "what just happened" at the end of this match.

It's pretty simple, dude/dudette:
I did nothing for the first two turns, then
3 - Patriot
*Snap*
4 - Kazar
5 - Blue Marvel
6 - Ultron flooded the board

It's not my fault I got a perfect hand/draw for this deck. And that you didn't see how telegraphed it was.

Lol this is literally every game against any Patriot deck, I dunno what that dude was expecting

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Destroy deck has my best variants, so I play that one a bunch even though it's frequently ruined by unlucky RNG. Deadpool riding Nyan-cat always gets emotes from opponents, and the luchador Taskmaster is a lot of fun even if he doesn't get much use.

The most wins I've gotten this season are from a barebones pool 1 & 2-only zoo deck. I dunno if people aren't expecting it or if the game is putting me against lower-level opponents because of it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I just pulled Aero from a cache. I dunno how to use her yet but I understand from now on I will never lose again

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opopanax posted:

No, that's only when your opponents use her

Ahh right, same as Hela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Chainclaw posted:

It rarely happens, but Ghost Rider bringing back Hela feels really good when it goes off. I took Swarm out of my discard deck recently, though.

Actually Ghost Rider brings back Hela ALL THE TIME

Not for me because I don't have Ghost Rider, but for my opponents she's like the #1 card he brings back