Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Oh hey just found this thread for the first time. Zabu seems very strong. I've already ranked from 50 to 65. Spider-Man and Absorbing Man is a killer combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Zodack posted:

I keep losing to decks that don't make any sense because I don't see the final play coming. Just lost to pure kazoo whose final turn was... Dracula into Red Skull discard?

Deck owns. Got me to 80 for the first time last season and I didn't even have Maximus. You just dump your entire hand and discard something huge. Here are a couple different versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3877rvN8ts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pXDQdgH46k

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

RevKrule posted:

The one complaint I have is that variants for combo cards don't give you a match variant so White Tiger gets a great new card but her spirit tiger doesn't.

Yeah I just picked up the Max Grecke Doom variant last night which is super sweet, but the Doombots are kind of lame.

e: Speaking of cool variants, I just picked up this Alex Ross IW in a cache today and it might be my favorite card in my collection now: https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/invisible-woman-02/

Devo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 3, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Coq au Nandos posted:

Related: what is the counter to this bullshit? Enchantress/Sandman?

If you want to live in a world of pure Zabu hate I think Sandman is probably the way to go. Bonus points if you can Psylocke it out.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Studio posted:

I think it's negative points if you can't. They spend their turn 4 vomiting power, you gained 1

This is why I think Rogue and Enchantress are bad options also. If they stick the Zabu you're already behind. From a pure hate perspective I think Sandman is the best option, but I'm more of the opinion that you should just try to beat them out on board instead of countering their plays.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Petition to remove Subterranea from the game. I don't think another location spikes my blood pressure nearly as much.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Opopanax posted:

Atalan first, that one's the most unfun imo

guess what happened like 2 or 3 games after I bitched about Subterranea

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

Feeling sort of stuck with my randomly-assembled decks. Where can I go to learn more about the strategy for what I think is still Pool 1 (CL275)?

You are in the land where no one has Killmonger yet, so that means Ka-Zoo is a very solid strategy. As you jump into pool 2, EVERYONE has Killmonger in every deck so zoo becomes a little scarier. Depending on what your early pool 2 cards are, there are some decent movement and discard decks you can build. Early pool 2 is kind of rough though because your decks are very dependent on the few cards you've opened.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I just got a random Sauron out of a box but I don't have Mary or Attuma. Seems kind of useless with just Maw and Skull.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:toot: Finally got to 90 gimme dat gold :20bux:

e: to the guy above that sat at 599. Your MMR is probably really high because I'm assuming you were winning a lot at the top of pool 2. I don't know who first came up with the strategy to sit on a billion credits but I don't know that it's a good one.
What pool 3 cards did you pull?

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 14, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

SweetJahasus posted:

My understanding was that MMR was not a factor here, only CL? I know that even at rank ~60 in my 599 camping time, I was seeing heralds of Galactus and such and it's not like I was winning non stop, was a pretty slow climb up to that point (highest was 64).

My understanding was that there is a combination of MMR and CL (and maybe even rank to a smaller extent) that is in charge of matchmaking. I could very well be wrong though.

Pool 3 can definitely be a bitch at first. Even at CL 2400 I'm missing Leader, Psylocke, Electro, Aero, and Death. Try to identify the most powerful cards in your collection and do your best to build around them.

OR just play Spectrum Destroyer because it's mostly pool 1 and 2 anyway and still competes well into pool 3.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I completely admit I might be biased because Dracula was my very first pool 3 card. I've probably played more Apocalypse discard than anyone sane and just used it to rank from 85-90. If my first two unlocks had been Yellowjacket and Wasp I'd be much saltier. I still prefer this over just being able to buy a collection.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I agree that the feeling after 1,000 is way worse than it is when you first boot up the game. By that time they've got their hooks in you and they know it. As for the second point, the whole game is a glorified loot box. I'd have to see the math on that $250 because I feel like it's only taking into account the whale spending patterns. I spend on the season pass and that's it, so unless you're counting the money value of time, that valuation of a P5 card makes no sense to me.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

As a general rule so far, the bundles that give you lots of skins are bad for account progress compared to just buying credits. However, it's your money so if you think something is cool go wild.

The next bundle in the shop is going to be $5 and has 500 credits, 500 gold, and some Jubilee stuff. Seems very good.
The one after that costs 4000 gold and contains a Devil Dino variant with enough credits and boosters to split him twice. Good for account progression. Worth saving gold for IMO.

e: I got mixed up. The DD one comes before the Jubilee one.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I wish I could trade all of my pixel and chibi variants for something I might actually use. Hell, I'll pay boosters to do it even.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

thanks thread for mentioning that Dracula / Zoo deck. I've been getting goofy wins on people

it does make me want to try out my Apoc / Dracula / Morbius deck again but I haven't gotten very many pool 3 discard cards

You just need Colleen Wing. Everything else is secondary.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

the one card I'm missing and hasn't shown up in the shop. I think Hell Cow would be nice too

Hell Cow is nice but nothing beats Colleen being able to target your Swarm. It's what takes the deck from just ok to actually viable to climb with.

e: also it helps that I have the Kim Jacinto variant which loving rules

Devo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 15, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Mystique for Dino shenanigans. Warpath seems bad because you're likely to be playing in all 3 lanes.
DareDevil is my boy but I don't know what he's really doing here. America Chavez is for cowards who can't draw good. Throw a Cosmo in there to protect your Dino on turn 6.

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 16, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

suction posted:

If anyone is having difficulty with winning a location with one card, remember that you can concede after turn 3 and still get credit. Just dump cards into one location

I mean honestly if you're retreating at an appropriate rate this one will complete itself eventually. There's no need to play for it specifically.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I think Quicksilver is worse than M'Baku. At least with M'Baku you can play him in a Lockjaw deck and he doesn't steal a draw.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Magneto fuckin rules in this location. Kill em all, let god sort them out.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said before, but Leader is such a stupid loving card. I know it's not an "I win" button or anything like that, but it's just bad and it feels bad.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Piggy Smalls posted:

Does clash Royale and hearthstone use bots? Never heard of boys until playing this game or I guess I was naive

Don't know about Clash, but Hearthstone has bonus stars up to a certain level (depending on your last season's rank). So you're effectively getting 2-10 "wins" per win at the start of each season.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Double post but I just finally pulled Electro and can play some ramp. Anyone have a list that doesn't use Galactus?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

doingitwrong posted:

The specific big cards are really up to collection and taste.

The main thing is Wave lets you go 6-5-6 where Electro enables 5-6-6. You almost never play Psylocke but she can rescue a moment that the other two don’t appear and go ugh-6-6 or 5-5-6.

Doom and Captain Marvel to deal with the various “can’t play here” locations but Vision would be good or even Ultron. Sunspot for if you have to skip a turn.

Thanks, I'll play around with this (no Psylocke or Aero). I kind of like the Viper idea.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Pulled off an Electro-Viper in the very first game into a Death-Wave. Fun times.

There is a visual bug where your hand is electrified even after you donate the Electro.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I guess it was only a matter of time since I had less than 10 series 3 cards left, but I unlocked Electro and Sera back to back.

I can ramp! I can finally loving ramp!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

priznat posted:

I’m getting bored with the sera surfer decks, movement hasn’t had new cards for that in ages, and I don’t have hela yet to make a discard deck worthwhile. Need a good option that has red skull and/or mysterio as they’re my newest cards.

If you have Zero and Dracula, you can shove Red Skull and Infinaut into a low cost zoo style deck and it rules. Bonus if you also have She-Hulk.

e: This is the more standard version. I pulled a Sauron somehow so I've been playing another version with that too.
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Zero
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkljZW1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Just repeat the following mantra: Killmonger does not exist.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

priznat posted:

I don't have zero yet, seems like that'd be the most useful card with red skull.

Interestingly I see very few killmongers anymore. I sometimes play my kazoo deck and I don't even wait til t6 to start droppin 1s because I rarely get hit with a KM.

You could run a list kind of like that without Zero, but it prevents you from dropping Zero-Skull on T6 for 18 power with no drawback.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sera is so broken lol. I'm up like 70 cubes since I unlocked her.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If you've got Maximus, that's a must have.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

Really don’t get why Leader gets to play your BOOSTED cards. I didn’t play boosted cards. I played cards and then they got boosted. Why does Leader get to immediately generate those BOOSTED cards? That doesn’t make sense from the game’s own point of view.

It's because Leader is loving horse poo poo, friend.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

This location rules with Armor. Skip your turn and prevent the rocks being blown up on their side.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Boy with everyone talking about Death I sure would like to put her into some decks!!!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Doc Ock might actually be my favorite card in the whole game AND I have the Superior variant.
He bad though

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

buffalo all day posted:

That’s a brutal list of uncollected cards. I don’t think anyone should be playing a deck without death right now.

Maneck posted:

That's brutal. The worst part is that they'll probably nerf (fix) Leader just when you get him too. I'm also in that club.

I finally pulled Aero from a box today and I have Death in the shop. Getting closer to pool 3 complete.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also been trying movement decks since I pulled Torch yesterday and Aero today. Killmonger sure is a card, eh?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

the_american_dream posted:

I dont mind this location that much but it is incredibly annoying if it's the last revealed

Has anyone tested if you Storm/Magik/Rhino the location before opponent skips a turn? curious if they can still pass to clear

This happened to me. I wanted to play on 3 and opponent skipped to clear. Opponent played Storm on 4 and I got stuck with rocks.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Ugh, I finally got base Nick Fury after having the signed one. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If you don't have a Maximus the usual play is just to slot in a Sword Master.