Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got Hipp Elsa from the freebie which is cool, though I don't actually ever use Elsa these days.

Then immediately pulled two pixels out of season/collector caches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Saying it again, the weekly Win 8 missions for the season pass card loving suck. I don’t like Skaar, I don’t like the kinds of decks he goes in. Don’t make me grind out 8 wins with the shitter.

Just to throw out an option that I haven't seen much, I swapped him for Death in my Deadpool Destroy (the Zola version) as that seemed similar enough to work and it made no discernible difference to my win rate. If anything I've probably played him more often than Death.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think this one. With instructions here.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This weekend quest is very poorly thought out. I'm ~3500 CL but I don't have Tribunal, Hela or Nimrod. I've tried Zoo and Surfer as they tend to spread points pretty well but I'm just losing over and over, or at least not winning all three locations, to Hela Tribunal or Ongoing Tribunal decks which are apparently all anyone is playing right now.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I blew four keys on it and that was probably not the best decision (but have eight more keys so it's fine). It has some fun interactions but I can't see it hanging around in the meta much.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fate Accomplice posted:

1. winning 2+ lanes
2. if tied: most total power
3. if still tied: randomly
If you're tied, whoever had it last turn keeps it. Only random at start of match.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MagicCube posted:

That's incorrect. Priority is always a coin-flip if tied at any point during the match.
I guess the internet is, as ever, full of nonsense. Bunch of people on Reddit are convinced it works that way, one of them even got this article updated to say that. :shrug:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joink posted:

Really like the Hellcarrier change. Filling your hand with random cards that are possibly discounted is both fun and can give you an edge. Cruised up to legend with the below deck:

# (1) Quinjet
# (1) Snowguard
# (1) Blade
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Nick Fury
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) Helicarrier
This looks fun and would give me the excuse I (don't) need to buy Hipp Helicarrier but I don't have Quinjet or Snowguard. Could throw in Nico maybe? Agent 13? Maria Hill?

Tunga fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 9, 2024

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm also not S3 complete but I did it with this.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Bast
# (1) Forge
# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nico Minoru
# (2) Falcon
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Hit-Monkey
# (3) Black Swan
# (4) Shang-Chi
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tTd2FuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIaXRNb25rZXkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmljb01pbm9ydSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZhbGNvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0ZXJpbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifV19

Which is basically bounce shell (I don't have Beast).

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Problem with Iron Lad is I can never remember what's left in my deck. The number of times I've turned him into Lizard in a full lane or something equally stupid.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GarudaPrime posted:

Unrelated but why do some people retreat every time on round three in Conquest. Some wierd booster farming thing? They clearly aren't botting, as they good game me almost every time.
Three turns is the minimum you have to play for mission progress to count. Especially useful for stuff like "win a location with one card" where you can just quit whilst that's still true and get the credit.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you want to imagine a fun time, imagine playing in the current meta with 18 S3 cards left to get and you're still missing Hela, Lockjaw, and MODOK. Every single deck I'm coming up against this season is a deck I can't play. Last season I got into 90s, this time I'm stuck around 70 facing Hela over and over again, slowly retreating my way down into the 60s.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

it will always be so funny to me to see a destroy deck immediately fold on an armor > cosmo play
My favourite is when they're going full hog destroying everything making themselves a big Venom and I've dropped Mr Neg and Jane and for some reason they don't guess that on T7 I'm going to be putting Knull into both of those very telegraphed lanes with Iron Man in.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ninurta posted:

why isn't Swarm in either of the Hipp albums?
Because he isn't an Ongoing or a 1-cost.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Concurred posted:

There are no good Baby variants.
I like Ghost Rider just because him being on a scooter is ridiculous. The rest suck.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Devo posted:

Ok, that's what I thought. So if I want to optimize using it I should be upgrading cards with no boosters at all. tyvm
It doesn't really matter. Either way you end up with an upgraded card and zero boosters, for the same credit cost. You should just upgrade whatever cards you want to upgrade via whichever method shows up first.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Devo posted:

You're not considering that I'm a complete psychopath when it comes to optimizing my collection. I generally only upgrade cards directly from green border to infinite because that's what my brain will allow me to do. I am trying to get rid of every blue border card I have and I have spent months in this pursuit. In short, I am a sicko.
I'm attempting to do the same thing but I don't think there's any efficiency gain here. If anything it's the opposite. Why spend 50 boosters on an upgrade when you could have spent 40 on the same upgrade and then kept the extra 10 when you earn them afterwards? For all your green cards you can sit on the boosters so they don't show up in the shop. Upgrade those all the way around to green using boosters. Anything that isn't green should be upgraded on sight on the shop. Though you'll be credit limited if you have a lot of non-greens anyway.

Edit: I think if you have multiple non-green variants for a card, only upgrade the lowest quality non-green at any time. Otherwise as above.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 16, 2024

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They've said they won't separate those, but they are planning to add more ways to unlock them, including the effects for regular backgrounds which the custom card UI shows but currently are impossible to get.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Sure, but you still just snap everything and go again rather than grinding out rounds. It's zero stakes, so fundamentally, more single-round Proving Grounds means more boosters and models for everyone. Snaping on turn 1 is all up-side.
The weekend mission often requires playing with a deck that isn't very good or at least I am not very good with. If I can beat a deck once there's a better than average chance that I can beat it multiple times. So it's more efficient not to snap if my goal is to get those done with limited playtime.

Edit: If I lose once I retreat though, so it's the same difference for anyone who beats me, and if they lose and don't want to retreat that's on them.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 27, 2024

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had 1800 points which could be correct for the last time they did a track but it's also definitely correct for last season: 1000 for season pass, 500 for gold pass, 300 for first unlock on the Vibranium track thing.

I claimed the three rewards and they showed up in my mail. Now the whole track has disappeared from the shop so I guess they've turned it off.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyway the real news is that there's a new Hipp album full of move cards and somehow despite me having 50 Hipps I have zero from that album. I think some are brand new like Warmachine and Hercules though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it's because the "after" makes it clear that the card does fully resolve first?