Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's for striving small business hoteliers who don't want to deal with all the regulations and :argh:RED TAPE:argh:

~disruption~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Teabag Russia

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Going to lol when Boris wins the VONC and Keith gets fined for a party and resigns.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Nice, I get to not vote Labour much sooner :cool:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
They'll probably receive OBEs.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Novel by Peter Watts. All about neurophilosophy and weird alien sentiences. I have coerced maybe half a dozen people to read it because I never shut up about it. It's already all over the forums thanks to this Google moron.

Also a short film.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Millennials struggling to buy a home have some advice for baby boomers: loving die already so we can buy your house before it gets even more expensive.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

my [hopes and dreams] would be for the north to be administered from Belfast in a federation with the south and Donegal can choose to join the Belfast administration because it's a county that has always stuck out like a sore thumb anyway

Or just

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ellie__miles/status/1536791844830556161

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/HatokTalk/status/1539277457001353216

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Starling Bank eh

quote:

In 2019, it had lent just £23m. By June 2021, it had issued £1.6bn of bounce-back lending – and an ex-minister has questions
Those loans offered up to £50,000 per customer and were 100% guaranteed by the government, meaning taxpayers foot the bill if a customer defaults.
That also means that nearly the entirety of Starling’s customer loan book – excluding mortgages – is now covered by government guarantees.
x

but unions, Labour :argh:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Brexit still providing great benefits lols

quote:

On 23 June 2016, Geoffrey Betts, the managing director of a small office supplies business in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, had high hopes for his firm, and the British economy, when he voted for Brexit.

“I thought we would be like … ‘here we go, here we go. We are going to become the most competitive country in Europe and we are going to be encouraging business.’ Now I think: ‘What have we done?’”
x

How do these business owners think that not having frictionless trade with the massive econemy next door would be a good idea :confused:

At least the Netherlands appears to be doing well with the British businesses setting up there to avoid the effects of the thing they voted for.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Just ~not failing country~ things

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Is Starmers only talent the ability to choose the exact actions that make him look weak and please no-one.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Gort posted:

When does it start getting good? What I've seen has been pretty mediocre, I wasn't going to continue.

You can stop watching the show you don't like.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'm now imagining you getting scammed by someone spoofing a bank building

That has actually happened
Bad idea to set it up in a town that had a real branch already imo

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Reaching the time of year I think about making one of those water cooling shirts that Nascar drivers wear.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Maybe coat yourself in heat resistant polymer gel, it was apparently good enough to counteract the heat of Nathan Fielder's chilli suit, and even a blowtorch against his balls:
Lubing up for another day at the office.

Rust Martialis posted:

Your sack of half-crowns and wooden thruppence will see you through.
Especially after bojo reintroduces the shilling to distract from the latest scandal.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:britain:
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1543636908093456390

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

happyhippy posted:

Can I have your attention please.

I am using this forum thread to officially announce my bid for Conservative leadership.

My campaign video is the blood orgy video of the original crew from Event Horizon.

Libera Te Tutemet Ex Inferis

(the UK)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Can you replace the pissflaps tag, thanks.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I trust the richest man in government who has meetings with US healthcare companies.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

WhatEvil posted:

I looked at the twitter thread with the architect guy saying we need to invent new spaces and whatever.

Like, it seems he's coming from the right place but he should just look at places where they've made medium density housing work, like Montreal

E: Also this channel in general is great.

No, every englishman needs their own terrace house

It's 50% parking spaces lol

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
RacismDial.tweet

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1551138618785382401

Cool that the country will be run by the winner of the Biggest Skidmark competition.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Pinning my legally actionable tweet to make sure everyone sees it

216: the number of £s she will have left after getting sued

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The tweet sucks, but what is defamatory about it?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Hong XiuQuan posted:

The Guardian should have to do *something* about this.

And that something is a 10k word article about Jermery Corbyn Bad, written by S. Goorwich.

Epic High Five posted:

Normally I'd say she should take her to the cleaners regardless of whatever insincere half-measures the Guardian would propose to placate her, but I'm not sure how you'd really make someone feel some financial pain when they're living at home and have access to all the plain chicken breasts on demand that a heart could desire and they consider this living so richly that it's column-worthy

Carter Rucked so badly her parents have to sell the house to cover damages/fees.

sinky fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 25, 2022

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

Could you imagine what a statute definition of murder written by Liz Truss would look like?

[1]
.1 Calling Liz Truss a dumbfuck on twitter

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

As an aside have any of you also seen these lil' guys popping up locally?

My parents rescued one stuck in a cycle barrier and I've seen them pottering up one of the local main roads. My cousin apparently gets them frequently in MK as well.

I've seen them around the past few months. Makes me want to get the Butlerian Jihad started.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Ask them why there should be any profit from someone turning their heating on.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Cheese businesses and cheese enterprise.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Angepain posted:

It's Julie Burchill, the "women's very existence being denied" bit is a terf dogwhistle reference to trans people wanting to not be misgendered

Like some kind of 'replacement theory' :thunk:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Can confirm

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

mystic cryspyx predicts that liz's direct help to struggling households will come in the form of a leaflet to every household encouraging those resident to be more entrepreneurial

"You can burn this leaflet for warmth!!"

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

kecske posted:

if pressed on it I don't believe any one of the current crop of limelight MPs could tell you with any conviction what Woke is

It's the civil service, which corbyn turned into antisemites

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1558062303999918080?s=20&t=PGXoKnrhwcNPaOt8sYvsOw

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Sounds like some people can't comprehend the genius of Sadowitz' 'racist taxi driver' routine.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Rustybear posted:

right but the inverse that the government of the day is under no obligation to enforce market conditions that maintain a business's profitability is also true

Actually the sole purpose of the government is to ensure that Number Go Up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The boss fights were poo poo because they outsourced them to another game dev :lol:

There was one in a room full of statues that looked pretty cool, but the gameplay was running around in circles unloading the magnum into their skull.