Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Maybe......the pay is real good? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Colin Mockery posted:

Are there any books or games that are actually lighthearted and funny, preferably about orks, that someone would actually recommend reading or playing? Actually lighthearted and funny, not "grimdark, but it's ironic" or "satire, but not in a way that makes people laugh". I keep wanting to get into the W40K franchise but I don't really enjoy grimdark stuff, space politics, or military fiction...

Also, for Dawn of War 2, the DLC is only about $3, how necessary is it, or can I just skip it

Not a book or a game but the emperor has a text to speech device is really fun time and honestly basically canon to me. It's the tone the setting should have damnit :argh:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

The Rogue Trader books have a powerboard that is so rad people "refuse" to believe it exists and I demand it shows up in the game tia

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

The romance options are critical

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Honestly, I'm kind of with the redditors on this one; no lesbian romance I can think of, and having the sole gay male romance be a Drukhari is all kinds of :yikeseroo: if you ask me.

Yeaahh as a lesbian I am unironically disappointed but I assume modders will fix things :shrug:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Countzer posted:

Both bi options are women, it's mostly gay guys that get the short end of the stick on this one.

Not sure why that means I still can't be disappointed anyway? But it is kind of weird that the only gay dude option is a deldar of all things. Basically:

The Lone Badger posted:

Never enough. Let me date a daemon, the machine-spirit of the rogue-trader vessel, and a renegade space marine.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is there seriously multiplayer or was that other poster pulling my leg?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

pentyne posted:

There's something with the mechanics about how psyker abilities count as attacks, and whether or not perception effects your hit chance, that I recall from a while back that hasn't been made clear to me.

If it's like the pen and paper game, then every psyker power has a focus power test you need to make to actually cast. Usually a focus power test uses either a psyniscience(perception based) test or a straight willpower test. I think there are a few edge case spells that use some other skills for a focus power test but they are rare and may actually be from one of the other tabletop systems, hell if I can remember

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

pentyne posted:

In the beta psyker powers just worked when cast, and the enemy got to make their skill check to dodge/resist. The staffs with their unique powers counted as weapon attacks that increased Veil Degradation, but also came with unique heroic moments like force lightning that wouldn't hit your allies which I think did not weaken the Veil.

Unless they really improve the itemization the staffs are more like pure psyker only builds, as it scales solely off of Psy Ranking.

:shrug: I'm not in the beta so yeah I couldn't say. Just pointing out focus power is how the table top makes perception affect psyker powers hit chance

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

It doesn't help that the rules straight up worked inconsistently from what you would expect depending on which 40k rpg splat you were using.

In Dark Heresy 1st edition and rogue trader, when you go to fire a gun you choose if you are firing single shot, semi auto burst, or full auto burst. You would think the single shot would be the most accurate and you'd be loving wrong. Single shot was a ballistic skill +0 check, semi auto was a +10, and full auto was a +20. Semi and full auto gave you more hits depending on your degrees of success, but full auto it was straight up easier to even hit the baseline of hitting.

This wasn't changed until Dark Crusade and Only War, where (iirc) they made single shot a +10, semi auto a +0, and full auto a -10. Making your single shot weapons were more likely to hit, and full auto was a risk reward proposition because it was harder to hit, but when you did you could track up a bunch of extra hits from rate of fire.

Fantasy Flight games was a land of contrasts.

I still love opening up the book and seeing "armourer is used for crafting weapons and armour" immediately followed by another box saying "tech use is used for crafting weapons and armour". Also "chem use is used for crafting drugs and medicines" (chem use is not a skill in this system) :allears:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Do the genestealers have sick cars

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So what I'm hearing is the votann are the irken from invader Zim

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

E. Also, I wish there was a sort button in the reputation screen on traders

If you mean cargo, there is! You need to go to the cargo goods tab that shows you items are actually in each cargo and then you can sort there by type/name/whatever. The sorting sticks when you switch back to the normal cargo tab

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Anyone got some good pasqal builds? I love the guy (romance when) but ironically his versatility is making it difficult for me to decide on what to build.

Also yeah there is some real weird stuff going on with LoS. I had an annoying game where my characters were standing on a raised platform and were getting shot at from below by a guy with a pistol. The weird part is that for some reason none of my characters could get LoS on the enemy :confused: he wasn't even behind full cover!

Xun fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 13, 2023

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Because I've played other Owlcat games, I've downloaded Toybox, toggle points of interest is a gamechanger. Where is the setting for free respecs?

Go to the party tab and there should be an option for respec next to your characters. If you're on the ship you might need to swap to the remote characters subtab

Was it the gog or steam version that needed a file renamed after this patch?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

emSparkly posted:

Hate that I had to google to find out Cassia is straight because that first set of ship conversations really misled me on that detail.

Kinda disappointed. She had real “I can fix her.” Energy. And by fix her I mean turn her to the wonderful liberating path of chaos worship.

Its why I ended up installing the toybox in the end. Infinite repeccing? nah. QoL features? nah. Cheats? nah. Date everyone? HELL YES

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

After playing around with the second classes I want to change them up a bit, is there a way just to respec those or do I have to redo the entire first class too?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I used art I commissioned myself :smaug:

It's of my black crusade character though so lol heresy away

Xun fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 21, 2023

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

cuntman.net posted:

i think i recognize that art style, is that by celestial fang

Yep! He opened up commissions awhile back and I managed to snag a spot :toot: not sure if it's still open though

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Lmao, I am currently doing the Pit setpiece and I just accidentally discovered that you can bypass having no equipment part by teleporting gear directly from your ship's cargo. lmao

Oh you think youve disarmed me? Abelard teleport me my backup gear

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Honestly before the game came out I thought Abelard was gona be boring and suck but actually he rules and is my bro

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

Can I lock myself out of stuff by progressing too fast, or will every side quest and the like still be available unitl the end of the game?

Yes, at least my gf missed a bunch of stuff in the first act because she went straight for the main story and there's at least one other quest I can think of off the top of my head that can fail if you leave it in favor of other quests.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

drat Henrick is spicy, he just offered to gently caress in the middle of the street

(I'm 98% sure this is some sort of wrong dialog bug but lmao)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How is game stability nowadays in the later acts?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I wish I could respec from class breakpoints instead of from the beginning-ish and I'm too dumb to figure out how to do that cleanly in toybox :negative:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I got minor spoilers about the iconoclast ending and it actually seemed pretty cool? Seems weird to be worrying about it before you even get to the end

If anyone wants to confirm/deny what I heard:

You secede from the imperium to run a better space nation and manage to keep it that way

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ah I see, it sounds like the person who told me didn't run into that particular bug.

Anyway it's still weird that it feels like every time I check back into this thread there's someone handwringing about how immoral this game and how you aren't rewarded enough for being a good person or something. If it's that bad why not...stop playing?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Are there any reasonable build guides out there? I love Pasqal but I cannot figure out a good feeling build for the poor guy.

Also I stuck Cassia on grand strategist and I'm not sure if that was a good move, but it's not like I'm using any AP on non psyker stuff anyway

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I really really want to be able to respec from specific levels because goddamn if I realize I dont like a choice I made 2 levels ago I need to start from the very beginning and hope I remembered to write down what I picked before. It just feels really hard to experiment because it's such a pain

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Why can't we romance pasqal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

This def ruled lol. I assume that quest is fixed and completeable now?

Yeah I just did it normally..ish :v: didnt fire into the crowd but didn't sit around waiting either