Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Fuschia tude posted:

Looks like Mike Lindell is another one of those Trump advisors the FBI served with a subpoena and took his phone.
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1569847934849634306

all we need for this image to be complete is to imagine he's at the drive up window yelling about identifying as a combat helicopter or some poo poo when a bunch of humvee cops wearing so much body armor they're wider than they are tall just dive down on ripcords or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Nameless Pete posted:

I would argue that it's much funnier if he's eating by himself inside the restaurant than in the drive-thru.

SIR [laser sights erupt everywhere] THIS IS A HARDEES

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

announcer: we here at the january sixth convention dont know how to get people to do anything, but continue to convene to announce: there were some crimes. some crimening happened. there was crimeification. there's crimeifiers involved, they did some crime, it's really obvious, there's just crime juice all over the place, like we just turn on this blacklight and whabam it's a crimetastrophe in here. the uncrimenifying elements of government and society should probably spray some crimenicide on it or you know really do anything, anything at all. i turn now to the lieutenant announcer for some followup

lieutenant announcer: ahem. good morning ladies and gentlemen of the united states. ahm, ahem. we of the january sixth select committee shall discuss our findings as follows. basically there's this president except he's got huge crimes. i mean some serious ciminolas. a real set of crimedonkers. packin some doboncrimekeros. massive dohoonkabhancrimeoloos. big ol' tonhongerecrimekoogers. what happens next?! protesters and white supremacist groups show up with even bigger bonkhonagacrimeoogs. humongous crimehungolomghononoloughongous

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Super pumped about this not because I think this will sink trump in any way or deliver the actionable returns the committee wants, but rather because I hate trump just as a person and enjoy anyone slamming more stress on his plate and driving the man closer to a rage and anxiety induced meltdown

Plus I also just love thinking about what his team has to go through trying desperately to counsel and train him not to make the stupidest and most unforced errors possible

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Oh no, what about decorum?? Very disappointed in speaker pelosi for advocating the kinds of violence that are tearing our country apart!!

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Automatic Slim posted:

Lol at Tumrp "potentially marching" anywhere.

Humantaur trotting is the best he can do

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Murgos posted:

Trumps demonstrated several times, even once just recently, that he can sit and say, “I plead the 5th” hundreds of times in a row for hours of questioning.

Let em do it again then lol

Turn it into a bit so subtle roast

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

yeah Honorable Slaver Traitors basically means that they had decorum and class standing

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Xiahou Dun posted:

At least one of the news creatures (Ari Melber?) had it as a hardcover book with annotations and interviews and whatever. I’m guessing it’s that or something parallel?

But yeah, hardly shocked since it’s a compilation publicly available documents. This seems less like a Jan 6 story and more like “Questionable Coffee-table Book Sells Poorly”.

Can't wait to place a physicalized painful reminder that justice is deferred and largely denied in a way which reiterates the selectivity of accountability to our legal system that exists for the rich and privileged ... on my coffee table

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Surely THIS time the powerful person will be held accountable!

He has a colleague who documentably, certifiably sex trafficked a child and nothing gon happen to him so what does he realistically have to worry about at that standard

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

tecnocrat posted:

MSNBC reporting that one of the jurors was a big Tim Pool listener, and that he got all his news from him, as stated in voir dire. Did we know that before? And that guy still voted for liable here, since it was unanimous?

Not a good sign.

Well I mean they didn't even really have a defense lol

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Every time I get through some gassed up "this is HUGE legal trouble for trump, this is IMMEDIATELY prosecutable, it is one TRILLION percent illegal according to spengwicker county v. a box of Spencer's Gifts novelty penis pasta" article, I'm like great all you did is further reinforce how difficult it is to conclude he doesn't benefit from a clearly different system and standard of legal accountability to be able to still be out shittin on his gold toilet after over half a decade of repeatedly stocking up on felony bullshit advertised clearly on tv

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Zotix posted:

If Donnie is indicted for the classified documents would he be released pending the trial just as he was in the NY case? Or is he likely to be in custody while that plays out?

i mean normally a motherfucker would have been apprehended real loving quick over this, and it wouldn't have been much of a question of the ethics of stringing out the process of determining if bail will be offered while they gently caress around a cell for a while, so i will assume he will NOT be in custody for any reason

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Yiggy posted:

*the evidence is that bad

"Look, look at my crime stuff. You gotta see this, the illegal crime things, that I have, me, trump."

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I like how it's actually The Mattering today actually for serious and part of this often rumored never materialized event, when it finally unicorns in, is pictures of a wall of classified documents trump just stacked up by the shitter and audio transcripts of trump all going "look here at all my illegal documents, wow, just look here, isn't that neat, these documents (the illegal ones)" and then his fuckin Lionel Hutz rear end legal team does a backflip out the back window

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Pants Donkey seems to be mentioning it just analytically, I think most people here totally get that the two options are to hold people accountable and the Maga types go berserk, or capitulate to try to placate them (and have them grow more berserk anyway because they're fascists)

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Every time this old gently caress drops these big angry boomer tantrum sessions about the law victimizing him and how he gon stand tall against it with super alpha male energy I just remember that when he was in court having his lawyer enter his plea, jack smith was thoroughly analyzing him laser eyes style, just completely staring him down, and trump was completely cowed out of eye contact

it's 100 percent that poo poo like where he can never fire someone in person. If he doesn't get a free walk compliments of a pocket judge or whatever and actually gets sentenced for this, it's going to be weird watching future history textbooks try to academically and appropriately word the description for "former president was legally bitchmade"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

trump's base will never care if he did crimes but they do respond to the stench of Loser, so the more trump gets that on him, etc

smackfu posted:

“Never saw nothing” indeed.

Ah but you see he's telling the truth here tap forehead etc

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Ok so this camera here, it records evidence. We have to get rid of it. Jerry are you listening to me, Carlos De Oliveira? [points at self, gives front and side profile to camera] Yes this camera here, you have to destroy the evidence this camera collects. My, Carlos, boss, Donald Trump, demanded we destroy this evidence to protect him from being legally charged with the illegal things he did. Jerry do you need me to detail it more? Okay this could take a while okay take a seat right over here Jerry,

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Technowrite posted:

Can the DOJ dangle a plea deal in front of Trump that basically says, "Drop out, never run for anything again, and this all goes away"?

No, i just made it against the law to let ol donny wriggle out

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Epshteyn didnt kill himchelf

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Now I'm more convinced he's going to unequivocally blab. This is a guy who is also on the hook for taking classified information and then flaunting it all over the place. The dude just can't shut up about that stuff. So he'll find something out and he won't be able to resist.

I don't know why this post particularly did it, but after the whole exchange, I got to here and was just like, "well, here we go."

i just want more deposition video to come out of this of trump but i never get good things

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

jarlywarly posted:

That's what the bathroom is for right?

Trump Legal Troubles: making GBS threads Compartmentalized Insurrection Facility

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

trump legal troubles: riiiiico lolllllllllllllllll

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

MonkeyOnFire posted:

Could someone provide some context on the significance of the RICO charges here? I follow this thread because I'm excited about the prospect of watching Trump get toasted in a court of law, but I have zero legal background. All I have gathered so far is that the racketeering charges are the sorts of charges that helped to bring about significant consequences for organized crime. Are RICO sentencing standards more strict? Do they allow for longer sentences? Is it easier to get a conviction on those grounds? Or, basically, why should I be jazzed about this if I want to see this dude in actual, serious, real-deal trouble?

i just think of it as a giant billyclub the government gave itself to do comic cartoon skull violence to the mafia and similar organized crime groups and undermine their systems of power (and the corrupt ways they were able to shield themselves from accountability especially at the top levels). and as usual once the government gives itself that kind of unsubtle rights-piercing ammunition it doesn't take long before it just gets used against anyone they feel like once it achieved its original purpose of loving up the mob, so for a while its mostly famous for deciding groups of undesirables are an organized racketeering operation actually

now recently famous for deciding trump is a mob boss

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

CapnAndy posted:

loving lmao, that's just her nightly ritual?

"Oh, Mee-Maw's pounding beers while watching the news until she gets revved up enough to start calling people up and making death threats, is it 7 pm already"

Yeah the fuckin fox news limbic juicing train just became this hypnotic ritual for so many older americans that it would promote absolute derangement of the very literal kind. it makes sense it would pair well with substance abuse of the more tangibly ingestible kind

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

To Trump's credit, he has actually smashed the spirit of the republican party so far under his boot that he created the conditions for winning by not participating, just let a bunch of nervous toadies stake it all on lobbying for vp

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Good goddamn

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I still just love the whole part where any booking process lets you self report. Like if i knock over a liquor store and then self report as four foot three and 650 pounds am i really just allowed to have that be the official public record of my physical attributes as recorded by the state

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

What a goddamn night jesus. What a week even

Get to fuckin hang around and just casually see "obviously going in future textbooks" poo poo coming out on the regular culminating in trump doing his best interpretation of looking tough, which perhaps ONLY INCIDENTALLY looks like a kubrick high angle stare for villains

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

you end up having to talk about the electoral college because the electoral college is the only loving reason why the election is so accessible to fraud and tactical disenfranchisement, allowing us to have republican presidents anymore ever

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Deteriorata posted:

Talking about it in context of Trump's attempt to manipulate it is fine. Fives pages of bitching about it is just white noise. It's the system we've got and it's not going to change any time soon.

true, it bust completely out of most immediately relevant discussion

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Cheesebro is the wind beneath my wings on this one. Wrote a whole book of supervillain quotes trying to overturn the election, and now he just wants to get to it faster

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

My favorite part about how expensive these crimes are is that they're now a black hole sucking up GOP political fundraising for the next election

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Retro42 posted:

There is far too much :effort: needed to determine if a batshit crazy Trump post is real or fake.

too many caps, trump's brain uses a different blend of boomer rear end word salad rear end emphasis

and its weird you can kind of almost just tell on instinct still if you're as poisoned as i am

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

perjury is for poor people. rich people get Amended Statements and A Recess To Figure poo poo Out

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Go on, American justice system. Give us a stronger demonstration that trump gets a different standard of accountability from normal people. Keep it up. Maybe let him make clearer requests for violence targeting the court staff and continue to not jail him? Just spitballin here

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

"but it did not stop Trump lashing out further" huh what a surprise, better just keep letting him do it for months

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

me, walking into the boxing ring to square up against a brick shithouse with trains for fists: ahem, absent further punches from my opponent, heh, i am clearly the winner of this match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Charliegrs posted:

"COUNT ALL THE VOTES! STOP THE COUNT!"

COUNT THE STOP! ALL STOP VOTES COUNT! process continues through the strong smell of burnt toast collectively rising among the faithful