Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

If it’s what I think it is, it’s romsås - crème fraiche, mayo, dill, red onions and roe!

And yeah it’s solid with potatoes and lax

It ain't the nicest looking of things, maybe. But it is pretty darn good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Looked up the main ingredient in Heinz Vegan Mayo and I think vegans are criminals.

The 'rape' in rapeseed is of the same etymological root as the Latin word for turnip.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

drat, turned em into baosalt

Nice!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So, a world food store near me had a bunch of ice creams from I think Thailand that were not typical for where I was, but quite nice. Red bean paste, durian, taro.

I decide to trust the brand and get myself a package of mung bean ice cream 'Hey, all th others have been surprisingly good, maybe this one will be too!'

They are not.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

It is only fair to leave the bone in the frankfurt after you have cut it off the haggis.

I, too, have played Bugsnax.

Well, I've seen a playthrough of it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Jet fuel can't melt steel beans.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ok, this looks bad and I'm sure it would taste bad. But you CAN cook watermelon in a marinade that, when cooked, makes it taste almost exactly like salmon. It's so goddamn weird.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This actually whips rear end, I've done it before. You can also vacuum seal cut watermelon with flavored syrups (like jalapeño) and it forces it into the melon and makes it taste incredible.

Oh yeah, no arguments there, it's very effective. Sorry to the other goon who I inadvertently triggered their PTSD.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Animated adaptation of Stephen King's The Dome going in a new and even more horrifying direction.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Can’t wait for this guy to do a collab with that goon who did the chili recipe that called for, idk, potatoes or mushrooms or some poo poo, and claimed that people would be lining up around the block to fellate you for it (I actually conflated that guy with the edgelord comic guy tbh)

How could you mention him and not the absolutely fantastic response to his claim?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

i've never tried it. maybe it's good. i'm just bigoted against peas.

All we're saying is give peas a chance.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Kenning posted:

So I showed the dripping street meats to a buddy of mine, and he counter-linked with sweet and sour cow vagina.

Vaya con dios: :nws: http://youtu.be/KfsW93y9KH0. :nws:

I know that the thread title has JUST changed, but 'it takes ten hours to deodorize' is a strong contender.

As for the food itself, you can consider me to be the equivalent of a young DJ Khaled who's parents were gunned down in Crime Alley. No thank you.

Samovar has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Oct 23, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Black olives do not have a place outside of things with red sauce.

What about hummus?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I make vegan pumpkin sauce macaroni and cheese. It’s good but it needs a bit of chili to cut through the sweetness and a ton of nutritional yeast for the umami. Otherwise it would taste like pasta with jelly I guess.

Mmm. My partner likes this type of dish with butternut squash, but doesn't like spiciness. While it's nice... It is pretty darn sweet.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Mongolian bbq is actually invented by a beijing-native street food guy who fled to Taiwan during the chinese civil war, and realized that due to it being the new communist capital, 'beijing bbq' wouldn't sell, but 'mongolian' would.

Being willing to identify something completely incorrectly for the sake of profit? Yeah, the Communists would have identified him as a capitalist from day one.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

People thinking rice is maggots, that onions are rhubarb...

PYF horrible foods is back in business, baby!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The molding is totally unnecessary. But it'd probably taste good - a lot of faux-poultry is really good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I’ve heard from multiple accounts that tomato soup cake is Actually Good, You Guys so maybe there really is something to it?

I think I tried making a tomato soup chocolate cake once. It was much better than one would think.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nameless Pete posted:

Chocolate and some cheeses are a winning combo. You can't go around making blanket statements like that.

There's a candy around here that is advertised as 'ChocoCheeze'.

I tried it.

It was not good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What, did the recipe say use baking soda?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Reubens were my favorite til I threw one up

Still my number one major food loss

It took me a good couple of years to get back into eating sweet potatoes and peanut butter after a similar experience with a bad curry.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

*Annie music* It's a corn-cob crust, for us! Not a corndog crust, for us! Stead of pizza, we get tricked! Stead of cheese we get real sick! It's a corn-cob crust!

This was nice.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

dog nougat posted:

Northern Europe and Scandinavia must be stopped!

Alas, it is too late.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Gummy Bear Loaded Fries

If it weren't for the fact the hand looks real and the writing is legible, I'd have called that a proc-gen pic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, these are unorthodox, but not uneatable.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

No.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nej, tack.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

teen witch posted:

I visited Helsinki recently and not trying the wee fishies was one of my few regrets. They looked divine but I couldn’t stop cramming Karelian pastries down. Slightly yonic bits of heaven, they are.

I know, right?! You could not imagine that carbs on carbs could be so good (especially with one of them being rye), but they're unbelievably more-ish.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

By popular demand posted:

The name put me in mind of a much healthier and rewarding activity than consuming some bread and third-grade meat products.

I'll take the corn monstrosity over this.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The presentation is godawful, but the idea of having soup with pancakes is a thing, at least here in Sweden.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

My partner makes vegan pancakes with our sourdough starter, but I don't think he has a recipe, just mixes it up with flour and water until it has the right consistancy and then lets it sit overnight to gain some bubbles.

That sounds like it could do for a faux-teff dough if you want to try some Ethiopian stews.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

In would probably despise myself even more than I usually would, but yes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Arugula is nice and peppery and belongs on many things, not just pizzas.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

I like that it becomes a queen slim jim, full of baby slim jims and cheese (birthing sauce, the bread is the placenta).

Surely the cake is the placenta.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I don't drink boba tea cause it's WAY too sweet for me.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

teen witch posted:

I need this for an incredibly specific reason holy poo poo

I want to know more and... Yet I also don't?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

drk posted:

durian ramen

I'm... Morbidly intrigued.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Scarodactyl posted:

I made mugolio. Looks kind of cursed but the end result is very tasty, like maple syrup but piney.

Stupid Uncle Egg? Is that you?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

If Nurgle was a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm more concerned about what in the world they mean by 'ripe the duck's web'. I hope they mean shred/rip it, cause otherwise I'm at a terrified loss.