Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Excuse me, clearly oysters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hog Fell on Me posted:

The IRS is already cursed but this is some next-level bureaucratic insanity.

I used to eat in that cafeteria! I worked a low level job there for a couple of years back in the 80s. For part of that time I worked in the off site warehouse. Aisle after aisle of metal racks filled with boxes, which were filled with folders which were filled with forms. My job was to take a list of numbers and pull the documents, or a stack of documents and drop them back into place in the right folder. Literally millions of documents.

Most were pulls for things like mismatched ssn between form and W2s. Like some guy with six W2s, all with different ssns (probably an undocumented immigrant). Every now and then you'd get something fun like a celebrity form or some whacko tax protester who wouldn't pay taxes because the IRS used "the end-times biblical demon machine, the computer". Or finding out how much an ex girlfriend got from her parents in the gift tax section (it was a lot - $20k per year in the 80s is $55k now).

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Kharnifex posted:

Fake, just a beetle with its abdomen removed, probably by a bird.

Nope. It's a cicada, and that's exactly what the fungus does to infected ones.one's. They crawl around with an abdomen that has been hollowed out by the fungus for its sporing tissues.

This summer the fungus was more common that usual, so more people noticed it.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Kharnifex posted:

its not a cicada, its a flower scarab, and it has nothing to do with that cicada fungus.

Yup, ok, busted. Saw so many pics of half assed cicadas and people going "WTF IS THAT?!?!" I just saw half assed bug and blurred the details.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

It's like getting a streak in dermatologist tiktok.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

OMFG FURRY posted:

dont drink from the Yangtze for a few months

Uh, or ever...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

didn't the chuds already boycott disney? aren't they already over it? Lol I'm kidding, they can't stop being triggered by literally everything they encounter all day.

There's a guy on a model board (kits, not tits) who goes on a rant every time there's casting where a character who used to be white, male and straight is recast as someone who isn't. He simply cannot leave it alone, and has closed down numerous threads because he hates "wokism". I have him blocked, but still have to see when he's quoted by someone else. His last rant included such gems as:
"Why should we kiss the rear end of 13% of the population"
"Your ethnicity doesn't excuse bad behavior, like those who are mad about something and break into a store to steal $400 sneakers" (Is he referring to Latvians? Who is this mysterious ethnicity who does this?)
"I'm Irish and my wife is Italian where's our representation!"
A nice little dose of "I have friends who are black!"
And the root of his rant about the recasting of Ariel - "I've got it memorized because my kid played it over and over, and now it's different! "

Calling him out in the thread wouldn't have been productive, he gets defensive and doubles down, and the thread would get locked down. I did send a note laying out all the above to the site owner, saying how this guy has driven off several productive posters with his tripe. No word yet, but also haven't seen him post since. One can hope.

They really are the thinnest skinned crybabies ever.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

My Spirit Otter posted:

Post it on the forum as a dear richard to the mods. Hopefully more people will voice support and the turd gsts flushed

Oh, he proudly posts all of it! It was in a thread about the Rings of Power series, and those quotes were from just a single post of many he had in that thread.

The board policy since right after 9/11 had been no politics at all. Multiple threads have been shut down due to people, especially him, having to inject their political beliefs into everything. But he sails on...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Asking forgiveness to this Jesus at my at-home confessional

It doesn't look like he gives a poo poo.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

My wife had a stroke earlier this year, and when she tried to talk, it sounded a lot like this. I didn't even waste time calling 911, I shoved her in the car and got her to the nearest hospital in a couple of minutes. One $70k shot and two hours later, her speech came back all at once. But it sucked to see her frustration trying to talk and that's what was coming out.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I’ve seen a SMOLPP here in WA and a HHIMLER in Chicago (goddamn IL Nazis)

Several years ago I saw a Pennsylvania plate that said NSDAP. Driver was an unhappy looking pasty white guy with a molester stache.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Sooo.... upper left scream out of someone else's rear end?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, "thinks for himself"....

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, that definitely needs some explanation.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

gently caress. That.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Owls don't. Filthy loving owls. All uppity in their professor hats, making GBS threads up their own nests.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Grocery stores do that here, because the state won't let them sell alcohol to-go unless they also serve it for consumption on the premises. So you'll go into a lovely Acme and there's this little sad area with tables and chairs just to provide the theoretic possibility that someone might want to head on down to the grocery store for a beer or glass of wine.

The Krogers here have a setup where they can fill growlers. And serve wine. And yes, there are regularly people (mostly 40 y.o.+ guys) sitting at the "bar" watching whatever sport is on the TV there.

They also serve as places for board game meets.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

This is also the second time this has happened. Admittedly, the first wasn't during Hanukkah, but Jesus Fuckin Christ you have to be a goddamn moron to be so dismissive.

oh but :siren:THE JEWS:siren: own the media ofc ofc

But naturally the fascists will be "Oh, they did that to throw people off from the truth"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

"You know how to draw muscles, right?"
"Just like lumps everywhere? Sure."

No poo poo. Herc's got six pack knees!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Whole new meaning to "barrel chested"!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Is that one of those fancy new self-flushing turds?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hands on your hips. Power pose. No one is gonna piss next to you if you're standing like Superman on the edge of a skyscraper.

Your aim may suffer, but who cares? You've got confidence on your side.

My wife had an unknown coworker who apparently did this in one of the teacher bathrooms. She said there was often pee everywhere, and not just the usual drips and drabs on the floor in front of the bowl. She and her friend say they imagined him standing there like Il Duce in front of a crowd (his early, favorable crowds, not that last one).

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Beast Pussy posted:

I'm no way defending said lady, but I think that's usually a result of salt from cooking causing the nervous system to go crazy after they're dead.

No eating live octopus is an actual thing. Dip into flavor sauce, shove in mouth and hope the suckers on the tentacles don't cling to anything on the way in.

This was on an ep of Zimmern, iirc. The woman he was eating these with was wearing glasses, and the octopus thwapped a tentacle on one lens. She had to take it out of her mouth, pull the tentacle off the lens, and shoved it back in. "That happens sometimes "

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Is there not a distinct risk that it will just cling on to the in side of your throat and suffocate you? Like octopuses are smart and known for being clingy so that seems like it should be a pretty regular thing.

If so good. gently caress people who would do poo poo like that to an octopus. Straight up animal cruelty bullshit.

Yup. Happened to a woman in 2010, and a man in 2019. You're supposed to chew them thoroughly enough before you swallow.

The dish is called san naki.

I'm a fairly adventurous eater (ok, maybe tryer), but nah.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

You can scratch "schools" off the list!

As an Elder Goon :corsair:, I can tell you that my high school had a designated smoking area. It was in a courtyard fully surrounded by classrooms, and if you were legally old enough to buy tobacco (16 in VA at the time), you could head out for a smoke with your pals.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

coldpudding posted:

One of my grandfathers had to suffer through multiple outbreaks of those little fuckers at his nursing home before he died :gonk:, treating it is one of the legit use cases for ivermectin apparently.

Water resistant brittish public toilet paper

Oh, jesus... that's a flashback! I went to DoD school in 5th and 6th grades, and that was what they had in the bathrooms. Didnt have anything printed on it, though. Hated it and almost never pooped at school.

IIRC, it was also called John Wayne toilet paper - rough, tough, and doesn't take poo poo off of anybody.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Jesus! Even though I knew it was coming, my balls retracted for a few minutes after watching that!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I went to the Taint Fair once. Didn't like the rides.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The lower image doesn't quite capture the abject terror of the big wolf. Or the Neanderthal brow of a cave wolf.

But nailed it with the summit alpaca.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

As an Elder Goon, country wasn't always like that.

Used to be a lot of:

Ow, my breaking heart.
If I don't stay with him, what will I do?
Love sucks
I'm miserable since she left
gently caress tha PTA
I didn't shoot him!
gently caress this job

But there were still some:
I was born poor in the mountains
I'm a redneck
Country livin's the best way
Merica, gently caress yeah!

Challenge - name those tunes!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

Here's what I got so far ^^^
Ooo... sorry, but thanks for playing!

1. I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry
2. Stand By Your Man
3. Ring of Fire
4. Act Naturally
5. Harper Valley PTA
6. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia
7. Take This Job and Shove It

And
A. Coal Miners Daughter
B. Okie From Muscogee
C. Luckenbach, Texas
D. In America

All pre 1980, some pre 70.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

This is another horse cum scam isn't it.

Calm down, Mr. Vice President....

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

That's also like reviews that go "Looks good, got it fast, haven't opened or used it yet. 5 stars"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Codpiece.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"Bitty!"

"Oh, all right darling. Here you go!"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait a minute.... are you the one with the goatee?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Had the joys of two drains pulled out. And the fun of the little plastic grenades at the end of the tubes to collect the drippings while they were in.

Same surgery had a catheter in for three days. I swear I heard a "woooOOP!" sound as it came out. Might have been me.

And a couple of dozen staples. That didn't hurt, but felt so weird as he got out some needle nose pliers and just went yankyankyankyankyank in a few seconds.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pre sort your groceries as you take them out. Heavy stuff first, then go lighter/more fragile. Frozen and cold together.

Since the sorting and thinking are done ahead of time, all you have to do is shove the stuff in your bags as it comes down the belt.

Emptying your cart all willy-nilly with cans, eggs and bread all shuffled together is for losers.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Dave Syndrome posted:

As a German, this.

This is der Weg.

American here, but even in places where there's a bagger, or the cashier does it, it still saves time for them.

I hate being behind people where the person bagging has to set up multiple bags because of the random way the customer unloaded their cart.

That, and idiots who take a full cart into the self checkout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Liquid Chicken posted:

A day late, but what does Star Wars, Disco and the French have in common?

This .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTL86oEmwOI

Meco did the disco Star Wars single first. John Williams got jealous of its success and tried to do the same with his disco Close Encounters single. Worked about as well as expected.