Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Canadian Fonzie posted:

My girlfriend just shared the @cursedcookbooks Instagram account with me this morning and it's chock full of stuff like this.

Canadian Fonzie posted:

The one that kicked it off for me...
These are all really great usernames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hi everyone! I made my bed this morning, AMA!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Edmund Sparkler posted:

What did you make it out of? :dadjoke:
Blood, semen, placentas, stuff like that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yaldabaoth posted:

One of these days we're going to hear about a serial killer who just outright murders women and cuts their feet off to stick them in jars.
Jerry Brudos tried freezing them. That close enough?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I want to know how "shooting of daughter" was common enough that it got on that list.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This is the most disturbing video featuring a man and a jar that I have ever seen
There is another.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cartoon Man posted:

Elephant shitter’s clogged:

https://imgur.com/kQGwb6Z

(:nms:)
That must have felt extremely satisfying.

The elephant probably felt good too :haw:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yaldabaoth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84J7YYbT9vI

A part of me thinks the people who claim to see the "hat man" just have a subconscious fear of shadowy men wearing hats due to old film noir movies and westerns being deeply ingrained on the cultural psyche.
I had a couple incidents with these guys. It's sleep paralysis. It is weird that people commonly see the hat thing though. I had never heard of this when I first had it happen and it scared the poo poo out of me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yaldabaoth posted:

See, I can understand people seeing generic shadowy figures but the hat man specifically feels like it must be due to some sort of cultural influence.
Oh I absolutely agree, that's why it's interesting to me. I don't know where that came from in myself but it was definitely what I saw, and as I said it was before I ever heard of these things (so far as I remember). It was pre-Internet time or just around AOL starting but I doubt we had it yet.

Edit: Later, when I did see it online and realized it was a sort-of common hallucination thing I was intrigued. At the time I thought maybe I had seen an actual demon of some kind--that people were seeing the same thing because it was REAL--but I was dumb about a lot of stuff then.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Do you hear their footsteps like they are walking on gravel?
I don't remember much of any sound at all. Just being unable to move and deeply afraid of this behatted figure standing next to me.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 21, 2022

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Poo-tin.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have been trying to re-find the news article I read maybe 15 years ago that talked about how all the candy companies were no longer going to make new candies and they were just going to give the same candies slight flavor changes or make their candies flavored like other branded candies. I remember it using an example of some big new candy rollout that had just happened and saying that may be one of the last times you see an entirely new candy bar enter the market because you do not need to spend any money on marketing if you just plop a new flavor of the old thing next to the old thing.

Terrifyingly this is exactly what has happened and I indeed cannot think of the last time an entirely new candy appeared

All this and they still have not brought back the best gas station treat in history, P. B. Max
Last new candy bar I remember is the Take 5 bar. The delicious Take 5 bar.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Let's take Quantum Leap, a show with comfortable nostalgia for our increasingly old audience, and redo it with lore."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well they found her didn’t they? Sure they made some mistakes but they got the job done.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Frank Frank posted:

gently caress you. Seriously.
Yeah that was too glib. Sorry.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

quote:

Rosemond has received criticism for his recommendations on toilet training[3] and spanking[4] because they contradict other parenting experts' recommendations as well as the official evidence-based policy of the American Psychological Association.[5] Rosemond's statements on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also have been criticized for being inaccurate;[6] Rosemond says the disorder does not exist.[7]

In 1992, Rosemond wrote a column in which he stated that an 18-month-old girl who had been sexually abused on one occasion by a non-family member (babysitter) was unlikely to ever remember the event; therefore, therapy was not called for.
Seems like a real great guy. We are fortunate such a man has a nationally syndicated column on parenting.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

He keeps making those lovely Jurassic World movies gently caress that guy.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Android Apocalypse posted:

I wore contact lenses for >10 years and I never forgot I had them on, mainly because when I took them off I was blind AF. "Oh I can see? Must have my contacts in. Better remove them before bedtime."

Stacking them sounds insane.
When I first got contacts at around 12 I wasn’t used to them and quickly ‘lost’ a couple in one eye. That eye was a little irritated but I figured that’s just because I had to get used to the contacts. One day I was rubbing that eye and one popped out of the corner. So I went to a mirror and held my eyelids open and looked and there was the other one tucked in back there. While rubbing my eyes they apparently had made their way back there and I thought I had lost them, but it turns out I had three contacts in that eye, with only one where it belonged.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Of course! It’s so obvious!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Worst possible Valentine's gift for Paul Pelosi.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MrUnderbridge posted:

gently caress. That.
It used to look like this. They rebuilt it for tourists because people kept dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw

I would not walk either, for the record.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

hazardousmouse posted:

I do think those are different places
Looking again I think you're right. My mistake.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Do you pronounce it as a word; "uwu" or as its individual letters; "u double-u u"?
Uh-Wuh

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol that was his announcement? I gotta get to the Trump lol thread.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Am I the first to say "Ratat-pooie"?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I used to live in Springfield, Virginia (outside DC), and I had a roommate who lived with me and also worked in Springfield, but on the other side of town. He didn't have a car, so he had to bus it to work every day. To do so, he'd have to take a bus from near our place in Springfield, out to the Pentagon in Arlington (where there is a hub I guess), and then catch another bus back to Springfield. There was no bus that just took you across.

Eventually, he worked out a deal with this neighbor who worked at the Pentagon that he would give him a ride up there in the morning so he could use the HOV lanes. I don't think they had an afternoon deal though.

A weird system developed around this HOV-pickup thing in the DC suburbs where people gather in certain places, like an empty parking lot for a defunct store, and line up waiting for someone to pick them up to take HOV lanes to the Pentagon or into DC or whatever. It's called 'slugging' for some reason. It seems to have just naturally evolved on its own, which is pretty neat I think.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

As usual, just a bunch of gills, gills, gills. :rolleyes:

Edmund Sparkler posted:

She has a different father. So I guess stepdaughter makes more sense? (Her mother and I aren't together anymore)
As someone with a bunch of step and half siblings, I immediately knew exactly what you were talking about.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Regretful
(I'm Sorry)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mods: please change my name to “Vape Kazoo”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

joneswt posted:

Gonna need some awfully big jury boxes to fit ALL the employees.
Only major shareholders get a vote.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cacafuego posted:

They pissed in the sink?
Does not surprise me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LifeSunDeath posted:

A good but not great source of piss
It's only a part of a balanced pissfast.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Starts at $285k if anyone is curious.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dr. Quarex posted:

As much as I hate this and anyone who would buy one, I pride myself on my integrity so I freely admit this looks exactly like the kind of vehicle I would have hoped as an 8-year-old that I would be driving as an adult
It definitely would have been in the garage of the imaginary fort I drew that included a sweet video game room and machine gun grenade launcher.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiny Timbs posted:

There was a period where our insurance lapsed and my Type 1 diabetic wife couldn’t get her test strips for less than $$$$ but they happened to be on sale as a pack-in with a glucometer for way less money. We bought like 6 of those things and just threw them away
Another American health care success story.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

We used to take those ashtrays for home use.

Having grown up in Virginia, I never thought they would ban smoking entirely in restaurants and bars, but they did about 15 years ago. The pool hall I frequented built a glass-enclosed smoking room right in the middle of the place. Later they took the thing down and moved it to the front of the place at one of the exits and that became the non-smoking section and you could smoke in the rest of the pool hall. There were a few places that tried to get tricky like that but I imagine that's kind of died down now.

People seem to feel free to vape pretty much everywhere now and I think a lot fewer people are taking up smoking and instead doing that but that's anecdotal.

The last office I worked at that had indoor smoking was the NRA HQ. I temped there for a week or so in probably the 90s and there was a smoking lounge that looked like it used to be a kitchen/break-room. It was small and quite packed a lot of the time.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Elissimpark posted:

Ugh, I've realised as an adult that that was my house growing up. My parents smoked inside for the best part of 40 years. I was probably that weird smelling kid at school, but never realised it.

My wife refuses to sleep in that house, even though my mum no longer smokes (lung cancer) and she deep cleaned the house. You can't just wash that smell out.
It’s in the carpets. It’s in the walls. It’s in every nook and cranny. I remember moving out of the last place I lived where I smoked and seeing the change in color for the carpet and wall when I would remove something that was covering them was pretty alarming. That poo poo was what was going in my lungs.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

bossy lady posted:

They got rid of the potato wedges. They are beyond redemption.
What the gently caress

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

At first I thought it was an employee celebrating their 90th birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: