Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Trip report: went to church, bought a car battery for my wife. Treated myself to a slizzy and a glizzy for lunch. A+ experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I made the classic blunder: I went to church hungry. Went in for batteries and a battery daddy, and bread, brisket, cheese, instant pho, and Chinese sausage followed me home.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Costco #1 (Sodo Seattle) had the leg but I didn't see it at Northgate.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing masks on Thursday evening at Northgate Seattle Costco.

200th st is considered Northgate? Northgate itself is at 125th. I'd call that Costco Shoreline or Montlake Terrace.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

A hundred bux worth of old cheddar, or as many of these as you can handle

Get bulked up with a Gallon Of Mayo A Day (GOMAD)

:emptyquote:

e. New thread title

Costco: a Gallon Of Mayo A Day (GOMAD)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

I know someone who will regularly use a shopping cart in place of a walker, so you may be over reaching with your assumption.

Not touching the discourse around returning carts, just trying to correct this point.

There was a period of time after I broke my leg when I'd lie to myself and say I could handle shopping. I could handle the walk into the store, and I could support myself with the cart while I was shopping, but the pain would accumulate to the point where I'd get back to the car, look at the cart return a million miles away, look at a nearby curb, and make my decision.

But yes, if you can walk without pain, you should walk the cart to the cart return.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

They'll fit if you really believe. Believe harder!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Ocean of Milk posted:

Non-american here, don't you have to put a coin into the cart to unlock it from the others?

One of the annoying things about US currency is that our most valuable common* coin is $.25. In this day and age, that's almost worthless so most people don't carry coins. Any "put in a coin to unlock the cart" scheme is doomed because nobody has coins on them.

We need to abolish the penny and the nickel, and universally replace the $1 and $2 bill with coins.

* we do have $1 coins, but they're impossible to find and nobody knows how to use them

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Went to church. No card scanner at the entrance, but also no assi meteor noodles, so who can say whether Sam's is better or not?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

imgur being weird on phone

so so good

I walked past it today, thinking about how I don't have room for it in my fridge. I might just reconsider.

I also figured out the cookie conundrum. Get a cookie and a vanilla ice cream and mush em up together. Simple.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Oh no sir, I was in a walk in cooler much bigger than my house. It's a good thing it's winter because I had on a parka I needed to be in there.

So technically it was room temperature, just the temperature of a very cold room.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Smoobles is still pooping to this day.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Laterite posted:

At Seattle Children's and posting a blessed picture to the Costco thread:

I hope you're at Seattle Children's for a good reason, or at least everything's okay.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Laterite posted:

Yep, the reason we're here isn't great, but on a good path to recovery. Teenagers and eating disorders ... terrible combinatory value.

Ah dang, I'm sorry. Glad you're on a good path.

Our first experience with Children's was when our one year old was having trouble breathing. They know their stuff.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I assumed "alcohol iso" meant isopropyl alcohol

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I got that 'steen in me.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

schreibs posted:

I have a $15 one that connects to the 12v inside the car, you set the psi and it fills then shuts off....what does this one do better? Seems like a pain to pop the hood and connect to the battery every time.

The Viair pump can draw more current and move more air in the same amount of time. It'll also have a longer duty cycle and generally last longer. The $15 pump is generally fine if it does what you want.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Urine is also cheaper than half-and-half, and it's recycling!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Get your girl a rotisserie chicken bouquet

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i refuse to do anything but walk to my costcos or tj's

other stores i might get a jitney or something but not those two

Get on my level, scrubs

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

At Costco, money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

Saw a box of canned, Wendy's chili on my latest trip. I'm sure someone is excited about that.

Do I have to provide my own day-old hamburger patties?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

strangehamster posted:

You eat two large pizzas for dinner?

You turn one upside down, put it on the other, and it becomes a sandwich

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

E-bike specific thread

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Delicious meal ideas on page 360, apparently.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Medicinal Penguin posted:

The good part of it being -40 out is you don't have to specify the units!

The bad part is all the freezing to death outside

I've been out in the mid -30s F, and with the right coat and long underwear and gloves it's unpleasant but not unbearable. The important thing is the gloves. Once you lose feeling in your fingers, it's hard to get out back without going back inside.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

My wife tried the cookie today, and is feeling very sick to her stomach. She didn't expect it to be as rich as it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I tried it. It was mediocre. I tried all the cooking methods on the bag - both frying pan and microwave. If you've only ever had mediocre kebab its probably fine but if you live somewhere with good kebab it doesnt compare.

My son likes the gyro meat, but he's two and also enjoys licking syrup off his fingers.