Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Poopelyse posted:

kerrygold salted butter from costco in butter dish on kitchen counter at all times. always ready for a slice of toasted sourdough (bought from costco)

Great post/AV combo...the satisfied look of a well-fed Commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Just finished my dog and refill, may get a dessert. Next some light shopping, then drive home on my new tires. Ahhhhhh....

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Chinatown posted:

fffuuuuck

Tajin is a magic seasoning. I must have this.

I've seen people rave about, seen it on the shelves...what sort of flavor is Tajin? What do you put it on?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Heads up to anyone who drinks Premier Protein or a long list of other things! The list keeps getting expanded too.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-301603639.html

(looks at his two half-empty cases of Premier Protein)

:barf:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Chinatown posted:

i would sometimes buy 2-3 of them and put them in my office fridge. easy lunch.

but alas :smith:

Favorite part of the menu for me.

Service has sucked at my food court for a while now. Too many orders for not enough staff, several unhappy members and lengthy wait times.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

ShowTime posted:

How about that pumpkin pie though? Nearly 4 pounds of unadulterated pumpkin bliss for $7.

Now that key lime pie...now we're talking

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I wonder if they do call-ahead ordering for large orders.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Womblemania posted:

Here in Canada we leave our incels at the food courts with chicken tendies and fries (Kirkland Brand!) and it works amazing

Tendies!?!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

DamnitGannet posted:

i dont know anything about take and bake stuff, if we do that at my warehouse its not done in food court. the chicken bakes you get from the food court come frozen, they're brushed with Caesar dressing and then topped with parmesan before getting popped in the oven. they used to be made in house but that was pre pandemic and before my time there. we do so many pizzas, i'm amazed there was time to make the bakes and all the other things they used to have on the menu.

Seems like Costco has really been cutting costs in the food court. Frozen bakes, fewer items on the menu overall, driving traffic to the order kiosks as well as fewer staff behind the counter (at least at my location).

IMO it's driven down the value of the food court.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Hed posted:

My old move was to call a pizza pie in when I got there then pay at register and pick up. Do they not accept phone orders any more?

They still take phone orders at mine. You're directed to the kiosk to pay. A prompt appears asking if you've already phoned ahead.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Greatbacon posted:

Anyone ever buy a sectional couch from Costco? My wife want's to get one, but I want to make sure they're comfy and hold up more than a couple of years.

They're...OK. The value is in the return policy. Our has held up except for the back cushions which have gotten pretty droopy. They're the kind that are attached directly to the sofa like you see with a lot of midrange sectionals nowadays.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Nocheez posted:

The best sectional I ever bought came from Big Lots. IDK either.

Seems like if you don't want to spend big money then all the stores are about the same.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

fischtick posted:

"Good" couches are tough to find. The cheap Costco stuff is fine, but apparently they don't hold up for too long. Kids and pets can accelerate the decline. "High end" couches still feel cheap as all hell, but they have electric recliners, USB ports and poo poo I don't want. We spent too much money on a Costco LoveSac Sectional a couple years ago. It's built like a tank. I recently had to spend ~10 days sleeping on it due to a COVID thing and it wasn't just a good night sleep for a couch, it was a good night sleep, period.

We've been in the market for a new dining table for years and haven't found anything. A friend needed a conference table for her tiny startup and picked up a 100-year-old Misson-style dining room table from Habitat for Humanity ReStore for $7; the legs had separated from the tabletop, which she fixed with 3 nails. It needs some cosmetic work, but not much. I may have popped a blood vessel.

I really think quality in the industry as a whole sucks. I've wondered if it's a consequence of the domestic furniture industry dying off.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Has anyone ever bought an adjustable bed from the website? I'm wondering if both mattresses have to be the same firmness. Would I have to call the manufacturer?

e: to clarify, I'm talking about the split ones.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

First time going to my 'Co right at opening time. It's so quiet and empty...like some sort of dream.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Trip report: COVID booster + emergency tire repair + a full cart + slice of cheese pizza + hit dog + refill.

I feel like a million dollars.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Knot My President! posted:

awww poo poo yeah it's getting near that costco time again what do i buy what do i buy!!

my shopping list:

- kirkland hotdogs and buns
- pumpkin pie if they have it
- paper towels and stuff
- cozy blanket (it's getting cold)
- ???

Get yourself a new sheet set and new pillows. Then see how good it feels the first time you use them.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Soggy Muffin posted:

I feel like a villain when I use my expired member ship card to bypass door checkers to get to the holy hot dogs

We need a charitable arm that gifts memberships to those in need.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

SirPablo posted:

I'm usually there for 25 minutes. Two hours lol you taking a poo poo there?

If I'm

- there alone

and...

- not shopping for my office

I make a point of going thru each and every aisle. I get to see everything on sale and it keeps me from forgetting anything.

Plus I'll poo poo in the well-kept bathrooms

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Barry posted:

This is from like 5 pages ago but I'm not letting it slide. Plasma TVs are absolutely beautiful and I will be extremely sad when my TV, the last plasma model that Panasonic ever made, dies on me.

I too love my good old Panasonic. Plus it doubles as a space heater.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Super Waffle posted:

My wife is wanting a pair of over-ear Beats headphones; Costco only seems to have Beats earbuds and Bose over-ears, any chance they'll get the beats over-ears by crimbo time?

FWIW I just bought a pair of the Bose over ears and they are incredible.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Is it worth it to go to Costco on Black Friday? Part of me wants to see the spectacle, didn't know if there were special deals too.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Could someone share the link for those Costco bumper stickers again?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

SourKraut posted:

Has anyone bought an appliance recently from Church? Between the extra year warranty and free installation/haul away, Church is about 10% cheaper than my next option, but I've been hearing that the delivery service has been really bad as of late.

It really varies depending on location. I had really good service in one town and terrible in another.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Blue Moonlight posted:

Ok, which one of you is trying to kill the $1.50 Hot Dog and 20 oz. Soda (with Refill) now?

We're all going to get kicked out of Eden at this rate

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Waltzing Along posted:

WTF happened to the good whipped cream.

Now it's awful kirkland brand crap.

Slowly but surely all the good stuff is phased out and replaced with inferior Kirkland brands. Happened with chocolate chips, too.

I haven't noticed a difference in taste between this and the old Land O Lakes cream (which was some third party licensing the Land O Lakes name). It's still better than the "whipped topping" that my local grocery sells.

That being said, you used to get three cans but now only two.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Soul Dentist posted:

The Costco thread should only be open from 10-8:30

Two hours earlier for :gas:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

My God, they finally have it at my 'Co

Pershing fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 11, 2023

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Owlbear Camus posted:

My significant other got talked into getting one of them 2-person soaker tubs through the contractors posted up at the main entrance.

On the plus side it counts towards costco cash back rewards so it's like a 2-grand kickback. Trying to get her to let us spend it on something stupid.

Thats over 1330 hot dogs and drink (w/refill), friend

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Got a letter from the 'Co with a :20bux: Shop Card...apparently they had "negotiated a better price" for something I bought. I didn't know they did that!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Hutla posted:

Freeze the bagels, pull them out overnight to thaw, then toast as normal. This goes for most baked goods-they freeze well but get immediately stale in the fridge.

I do this all the time with the six packs of muffins. Once they defrost they're as good ad new.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

DamnitGannet posted:

If you’re a fan of the fruit smoothie, enjoy it while you can because it will be replaced with a mango smoothie in the future. Also a salad? Coming to food court? I hope this means the combo pizza has a chance to reappear

No more fruit smoothie?!? This is what it's like to be angry at God.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

err posted:

Anyone recommend eyeglasses from Costco? If I have my perscription can I just use it there?

Yes you can so long as it isn't out of date. That varies from state to state (mine is one year).

Good selection of frames and the prices are reasonable. They accept a few insurances including mine :smugdog:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

cracker posted:

I don't understand the lines for Costco gas. I've only payed attention in Tennessee and los Angeles but it seems the gas is maybe a couple cents cheaper than a normal gas station. Definitely doesn't seem worth dealing with the headache.

Mine is consistently 10 to 12 cents cheaper. If my Co was a little bit closer (we only have one), I'd never buy gas anywhere else.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

At my 'Co right now and drat if they ain't giving samples of the vanilla ice crea

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The food court mango smoothie looks and tastes like baby food :barf:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Kal-L posted:

Hello, Costco thread. Just saw this in twitter X the everything app and wanted to know your thoughts about it.

https://twitter.com/Marianabaenove/status/1691884324767859133?s=20

Translation: a dude in Guanajuato, Mexico opened his own store to sell Costco products to the masses. All he needs is some kind of station to make your own hot-dogs and it'll be just like the real thing.

Is this our first schism?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Kal-L posted:

I'm finally part of the church. Got the membership last week.

About 8 months ago, when my wife and I were getting some final baby stuff for our about to be born daughter, we went to Costco with my mom because she wanted to gift us a box of the Kirkland baby wipes with her membership. Now in the present, my wife swears by them and gave me the stink eye every time the box ran out and we had to use other brands, which she deems as "inferior, too dry or too rough."

And these wipes do seem softer than any others. Wouldn't surprise me they're made with the finest egyptian cotton and give our daughter a +5 versus diaper rash.

Having three baby Pershings was what solidified my member status. Always better quality diapers and wipes.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Brother Tadger posted:

Is that Banchan Japanese barbecue sauce any good?

It's my go-to for bringing leftover protein back to life. Chop it up, mix in the Bachan, heat it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

MarcusSA posted:

That’s only 5 Costco pizzas stacked on top of each other.

Easy peasy.

AKA Kirkland Signature Chicago-Style Deep Dish