Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

4505 chicharrones are an amazing, and I'm glad that I can buy the family size at Costco for my snacking needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah weren't people out there making onion soup type stuff with all of the condiments?

Costco kimchi, with ketchup and mustard mixed in to a pile of onions.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just add salt to whatever you're cooking, no point in paying extra for salt in your butter.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tajin sounds like an interesting flavor for them, my local only ever has the red bag, the basic chili and salt. I love them though and can easily eat the entire bag in one sitting if I don't limit myself.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Micheladas are of course extremely popular, but I prefer to use my Tajin in a cantaritos. I use an añejo tequila because I think it works better with the clay cups, but whatever you have on hand will do the trick.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

the costco pupusas? with the individually portioned guacamole? they're great folks

We had that combination for dinner last week, with shredded brisket on top. So good, especially for the price and convenience.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ordered a years worth of HVAC filters. The flyer said $10 off a 3 pack but it was actually $20 off a 4 pack. Pbuc

drat, I wish 4 filters would last a year for me. This house is so dusty that even after having the ducts cleaned the 3M filters Costco sells last about a month before they restrict the flow too much.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The mini naan dipped into fondue is insanely good. Also probably 200 calories per dipper, but worth it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

Who wants to deal with making one cup at a time though? I used one for a bit, and pretty quickly gave up because it's a pain to do it every single time you want more coffee. I went back to my 20 year old Krupp drip that goes into an insulated carafe, and just make one pot a day.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't drink coffee but one of the best things in the world is telling people how much I love Keurig. It's fruit that jumps off the tree and into my hand I just can't resist. "I get that it's expensive and not everyone can afford it but the Keurig pod system really makes the nicest coffee".

You're evil and I love it

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

halokiller posted:

sorry fellow americans, the overseas costcos already beat us by having the superior bake

I miss the bulgogi bakes, the carne asada ones were also really nice.

Never cared for the chicken bakes; they are basically a tube of warm ranch with some chicken in them, and that's nasty imo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Maybe people will think it's the secret polish stash and be more likely to steal it?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I noticed that too. I pay $1.58 for mine.

$1.66 here, but still worth it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Bulgogi Bake

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Paulaner Märzen is a good pickup if you want a traditional Oktoberfest beer at Costco.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

strangehamster posted:

Are the Kirkland Signature soups good? I want to get the Broccoli Cheddar and Chicken Tortilla unless they’re cheap and bland.

Picked up a giant container of chicken noodle soup from the deli, it was pretty good. Insane amount of shredded chicken, probably 25% of the entire container was chicken. Decent amount of noodles, could have used more veggies. Well seasoned, with a very generous amount of black pepper in there which helps a lot.

I'm thinking about going back to grab another one to portion and freeze.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Poopelyse posted:

$8 at costco, had no choice but to buy it

The Märzen is better, but the Festbier in that can is good. My partner grabbed me one a couple weeks ago, and it made me wish she had picked up two or three of them.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jelly Bellys have been out of stock for most of this year in the northwest.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Thwomp posted:

Overall, it’s more solid than Ikea but pricier.

My broken fibula is more solid than ikea.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone try these pupusas?

We like them a lot, but we also cook them in a skillet instead of microwaving them. Our usual (very much non traditional) method of eating them at home is to put something like carnitas, lettuce, guacamole, and cheese on top, and then pick them up and eat them kind of like an open faced sandwich.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Congratulations on re-inventing Sopes

Basically, yeah. Just with a better base than a plain corn tortilla.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone want 3 pounds of chicken quesadilla

The quality isn't amazing, but in terms of quantity of food for the price, it's a good deal.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Quite A Tool posted:

This stuff slaps, they’re all over Seattle, I prefer the spicy ones though. Dunno if the Church carries those.

Very rarely, at least at the Costco on 4th Ave. I've never seen the spicy ones in Northgate or Issaquah though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Those Bavarian meats salami sticks are good and then you see each one has like 40000mg of salt

I've eaten an entire Costco bag of the Landjäeger in a single sitting, pretty sure if I didn't have low blood pressure normally it would have killed me.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ror posted:

Costco should sell Crocs, the only good shoe.

They do in Australia

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Is the quesadilla kit better, worse, or equivalent to the street taco kit?

The chicken in the taco kit is better, but the quesadilla is 80% chicken so you get a lot more of it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

halokiller posted:

my local 'co has the food court outside so no need for id checkers

The best kind, the inside ones are always weird to me

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tokelau All Star posted:

I was so happy a couple years back when Kirkland started making dress shirts, then was so sad to find out that they fit weirdly on me.

Same here. I'm pretty fat, but I feel like they are designed for enormously fat people, which at 260 pounds I'm apparently not at yet.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Chad Jihad posted:

Costco has replaced my beloved Don Miguel mini tacos with Don Lee regular tacos, confusing emotions right now

Oh no

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah I noticed this last weekend. RIP Don Miguel mini-tacos. Fuckin' loved those things with some 505

The second biggest reason why I'm fat is because I toss 20 of them on a sheet pan to bake and have that for dinner on a regular basis. I can fit as many as 24, but 20 works better.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bargearse posted:

My church no longer has the Aussie meat pie in the food court, I’m complaining to the high priest or something

Parramatta still did last time I was there

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

In case anyone wants to sleep in Costco, not just wear Costco

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

almost bought one of those giant Kirkland Irish Country Cream liquor bottles..... told the person at the register you know what.... nah.....

Big mistake. It's better than Baileys, you get twice as much, and it costs 1/3rd as much.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

redreader posted:

Any good snacks or holiday items at Costco to keep an eye out for? My wife is going tomorrow. I think other people mentioned the Thornton one near top golf, it's my "local" one, but still about 20 minutes away.

If you like the flavor, the pumpkin spice yogurt covered pretzels are really good, and really bad for you.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That's genius, but not enough wine. Add some panniers and you can bring a full case with you.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

Make tacos with ... mayo

What the gently caress man

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

If those are raw I'd be all over them, but they are probably the pickled bullshit.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

precision posted:

There's only one Costco anywhere near me and there's like 20 targets and trade joes

I think Costco might be fail

I'm sorry you had to find out this way that you live in a crappy neighborhood.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The last couple of times I've been they've had signs out front that there are no eggs. I guess that giant chicken factory they just built in Kansas or Nebraska or something like that is just for cooked chickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

david_a posted:

I don’t really like that article because they’re like “yeah this card is actually pretty good for using at CostCo, but if you have these other very specific cards you could get 2.5%!!!”

They are advertising other cards because they get a commission from everyone so signs up using their link. The Costco card could be 10% back and they would still push people into getting other cards for the commission.