Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

There is no 'co but Costco, and the hotdog is its profit

Might as well close the new thread now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I think someone also asked last page if the Costco online shipping is good and yes it is great. Prices all include shipping, it’s very nice.

And being able to return stuff to the warehouse rules. I brought back a mattress I couldn’t get back into the box because I thought it was a queen not a twin.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hollismason posted:

So I'm going to get a membership to Costco since they do delivery, but I can't decide between just the 60 dollar regular or 120 dollar one. I mean I'm not going to use it for travel so I don't really see the point of getting the executive.

I'll save more than 60 bucks on protein shakes and it seems like delivery is free?

Is that right?

IIRC if you don’t spend enough for the 2% rebate, they just send you $60 to cover the difference. It owns.

Chinatown posted:

I also miss the caesar salad at the food court. i used to buy 2-3 of them during the weekend and put them in my office refrigerator for lunches. :sigh:

My deli section has Caesar salads, have you checked there?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah I just walk past

E: In other news:

Dang I should fill out a few of these. The carousel of products at my Costco feels like it changes by a lot every single visit.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Super Waffle posted:

Went to the smaller, less crowded church a little further away that my usual one. It's just gotta far too crowded. Picked up the usual milk, yakisoba meal kit, frozen stuff, etc. I browsed the TVs and almost got the 50" HiSense for $229, but realized that it and all new TV's have the 4 little leg supports, which make them too wide to fit in my current furniture.

Also gotta wreath and the CostCo puzzle for a friend. And of course communion (slice and drink with free refill)

My friend, let me help you solve your furniture issues:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=vesa+tv+stand

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My 9 year old nephew is in the family white elephant for the first time this year.

For fifteen American dollars I walked out of Costco with a set of two nerf blasters. Truly I’ve never spent so little money to make other people clean up so much mess.

PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I grabbed a rotisserie chicken for picking through the week and that’s been an A+ choice. Mostly going for burritos, but I’m gonna use it for fancy ramen or a teriyaki chicken bowl over rice today.

PBUC, looking forward to my rebate this year.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Renegret posted:

I love the ultimate dad energy radiating from this thread's dishwasher talk.

Anybody else's wife loads the dishwasher like an absolute loving psychopath?

My equally gay husband loads like a loving maniac but I gotta let it go. IT’S FINE.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I saw a man check out yesterday with an entire case of Kirkland merino wool socks PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Costco frozen cheese pizza with sun dried tomato, shallot, and mushrooms are a loving bop. Easily the best “I’m tired and broke but gotta treat myself” meal.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I never thought it would come to this.

I think my easy option heat and eat food is changing from gussying up the frozen Kirkland pizzas to the frozen orange chicken.

I’ve been tossing the Normandy vegetable mix in some sesame oil and seasonings and putting all that on top of rice. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I do the same, although I'd definitely recommend the Kirkland Stir-Fry frozen vegetables over the Normandy-style. Still has broccoli and carrots, but omits cauliflower and has peas, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and water chestnut.

I’ve had hit or miss success on roasting the stir fry mix, if you’ve got a method lmk

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I get doing the stir fry to the stir fry mix, I just don’t use it because I can just roast the Normandy mix, set a few timers, and eat.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The Normandy mix I just toss in a little oil and spices and bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes depending on how much I have in there. Just on some foil on a baking sheet.

Comes out really nicely every time.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

Eh it just straight up doesn't work for me. I roast non frozen vegetables all the time, but trying Normandy mix etc. turns to mush before it browns, even under a broiler. :shrug:

It would be weird outside of France, but do you have a steam injection oven?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’m really sad I missed vacuum chat, I bought a Miele C1 canister vacuum on recommendation from the PYF Recent Purchases thread and checked with my then-professional house cleaning friend and that thing OWNS.

They also publish 3D printable accessories well after I bought but that also rules.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Getting my tire patched at Costco for $10.99 because they were out of the Cross Climate 2s in my car’s size when I bought ‘em. Great price PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

any recs for vogon food for vogons

besides bitchin sauce

A-sha noodles, the microwaveable yakisoba noodles, Rosarita and Frontera refried beans, Skinny Butcher Chik’n Patties are GREAT, Bachan Japanese BBQ Sauce, everything bagels, that’s all that comes to mind right now.

Occasionally the deli/refrigerated/prepared meal stuff has great surprises that come and go. There was a Petite Pot vegan dessert thing, vegan macaroni that was aces, a chickpea curry that was also super yummy.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My Costco started carrying Jongga (the one with two G’s) so I snapped some up today, I’m very excited.

Also got my new brain pills filled there and it was only $5 PBUC

Inshallah they get the skinny butcher plant based chicken patties back that poo poo rules.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Jongga (the kimchi with two G’s) is real drat good and a great side to the frozen tonkotsu ramen for lunch.

Very glad I don’t have to drive way the hell out to my old Korean grocery for good kimchi anymore.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Get a dog and put it on the dog and eat it in the car in the parking lot of costco.

You’re a loose cannon but goddammit you’re right, I should do this.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My Costco hasn’t gotten the jamón yet and I’m worried. New Fat Brother and I have a ham date on the books :ohdear:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

kreeningsons posted:

It’s a good idea to wear a mask at Costco. I wish more physically able people would, so that even with my own mask on, the store would be safer for the previous posters or posters like me who have a chronically ill partner who can’t risk getting any sicker, and because of the aforementioned partner, can’t really afford to order everything delivered.

Hear hear, NewFatSpouse and I still wear N95s to go shopping. At a visit to the church a few months ago a really nasty looking old dude was wearing an UNVACCINATED AND PROUD shirt. I wanted to brawl in the Costco, which I guess is like a mid-30s bar mitzvah.

Did anyone’s church get the Serrano jamón leg? None of the Chicagoland ones seem to have gotten them and I can’t even order one on the app unless I want to spend $250. NewFatBrother and I had plans to split one.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Costco #1 (Sodo Seattle) had the leg but I didn't see it at Northgate.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing masks on Thursday evening at Northgate Seattle Costco.

:negative: thank you for letting me know. I’ll fill out a bunch of suggestion cards for the plant based chicken patties to come back along with some other stuff.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

silicone thrills posted:

no alliums so we can actually use them in my house.

Move over Ernest Hemingway, a real story has displaced baby shoes. That SUCKS

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Any Chicagolanders spot the Kirkland XO rum at their place? I’d make a trip to pick some up.

Kirkland XO Cognac is maybe the smartest booze move out there if you’re into cognac or kick rear end cocktails. I’m hoping for a repeat performance.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

hark posted:

I'll check when I go this weekend. The north Riverside and 1st avenue locations are near-ish to me

Nice, North Riverside is my usual spot, and I haven’t seen it there yet

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 8, 2024

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Wayne Knight posted:

2nding the kirksig cognac.
My go to drink is the French Connection. That’s cognac and amaretto. If you’re not used to cognac, try it 1:1, then on subsequent occasions work your way towards 2:1. Pour over a few ice cubes.

Oh yeah 2:1 is the way to go

I’m currently having 2 parts cognac, 1 part amaro Montenegro, and a bar spoon of amaretto. If you want something a little more herbaceous

hark posted:

Imgur won't let me upload, but I'm standing in front of cases of it right now at North Riverside

ALHAMDULLILAH thanks for keeping an eye out!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

hark posted:

When you make that right turn into the last liquor aisle, not the one sharing space with produce, it'll be on your left almost at the end, in the second to last bay at eye level.

Bless you neighbor, hopefully I’ll get some on my next trip in a few days!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

Sometimes it’s nice to have diarrhea for its own sake.

Shart for shart’s sake

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Lamenting that my Kirkland booze selection rotates and never seems to get anything back after its first order. I missed the XO Honduran rum and 17 year Speyside. I saw the lowland scotch there and decided to jump on it.

I really wish they’d get that Kirkland Islay because a rusty nail with Laphraoig is just too pricey to run all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Okay the Kirkland lowland scotch is great I should have held faith like my role model Kirkland Cameron