Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Smugworth posted:

The Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi is phenomenal

Btichin sauce is divisive, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ledhed posted:

His speaking pattern is annoying for sure, esp. since it’s just a needless affectation. His recipes kick rear end though, the baked rice and beans became a staple for us when the pandemic started.

I mean, loads of people actually don't find it annoying. He isn't one of the most popular YouTube chefs strictly for his recipes, which are admittedly great.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Toxic Mental posted:

He stole his music from RLM

Yeah I always thought that was interesting. I wonder who used it first.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Cookies and cream chocolate bark is real good.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

You're right, regular sous vide doesn't really look like this, this is "sous vide" using an Anova Precision Oven. It cranks the humidity in the oven to 100% and the temp to around your desired final temp plus 20 degrees and then monitors the meat temp with a probe.

I love my sous vide and that oven looks interesting. What else have you done with it?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Dang, now I want a pizza oven, wok burner, and combi oven :(

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I wonder how well it freezes

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Thought I’d ask here, but did Costco stop doing Kirkland Brand whipped cream or is it just a local shortage in my area? I haven’t seen ANY on the shelves at the two local Costcos I’ve been going to over the last two months.

Finally caved in today and bought the Land ‘O Lakes version, the only other one they carried, and I don’t care for it, it’s not sweet at all and I’ll prolly be returning it.

Since you said Land O Lakes I assume you’re referring to soft/whipped butter? Because real whipped cream is brain dead easy to make and you can make it however sweet you want.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I will say it's certainly better than the kool whip my parents insist on using.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The regular Grillos are good but I wish Costco carried the hot variety as well.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I bought some of the 32 Degrees boxer briefs yesterday and tested them out doing some trail work this morning. Great deal. Not as nice as my fancy underwear, but the construction is solid, good fit, they don't ride up, and they're very breathable and comfortable.

I used to exclusively wear exofficio but 32 degrees are nearly as good and a fraction of the price.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

buddychrist10 posted:

The new lid on the Bachan's Japanese BBQ sauce is unfortunately a case of one step forward, one step back. While it no longer gets clogged with the little onion bits, it now slowly spills sauce down the side that make rings in your refrigerator.

Man the lid does suck, I'm glad it's not just me. I must have the 'new' one even though my bottle is a few months old.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We tried the orange vanilla cheesecake-like desserts in the glass ramakins. They're fine. Probably won't get them again. Will try the mango next.

Fannie May S'mores Mix is on point.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

death cob for cutie posted:

I was really excited to try this, as I'm basically rabid for anything smores

it was... fine. it was edible. it was chocolate.

I wish it was....smokier somehow? Also a little more marshmallow.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
In retrospect, it tastes great but just doesn't invoke smores. I formally retract my on-point statement.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I don't know how I've never noticed muffins are two 6-packs for $9.99.

Turns out they thaw pretty well!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Tremendous value!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

priznat posted:

I like those gyro kits but they do go a little bananas on the onions I find. The chicken taco kits are always a hit with the fam though.

Also those who freeze the muffins do you just put it in in the plastic container or any extra wrapping? Saran wrap each muffin?

I saran wrapped each one and then put them in freezer ziploc bags. Thawed the first one out yesterday just in the fridge, tasted great.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone try the s’mores cookies?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Suxpool posted:

i haven't seen this hot take posted yet so it falls to me

the ribeye cap steaks are a very similar flavor experience to eating the wagyu ribeye. try those first. if you enjoy having that much fat laced throughout your meat and you wanna try to go further maybe go for the wagyu then. for me the cap steaks are too fatty and unctuous and i feel like poo poo after eating a full one already. the wagyu is a step past that.

it's like ny strip (lean) -> ribeye (fatty yum) -> ribeye cap (fatty! yum! but i feel awful) -> wagyu (ok we can't call this steak any more)

A prime ribeye steak is the ultimate balance of beef flavor and fat imo.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

david_a posted:

It also pairs well with eggs.

I don’t remember who the video I watched was from, but you can make a breakfast type thing with corn chips. You just simmer down the salsa + chicken stock and at the end put corn chips in it. You don’t want the chips to get completely soggy; a mix of some crunch and softer textures is ideal. There was more seasonings and stuff involved I think but that was the gist of it; you can probably take it from there.

Sounds like you’re describing chilaquiles. The 505 chiles could definitely work in that.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Smores cookies pretty good. Kirkland caramel smores clusters pretty good.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone try the Sicilian lemon cakes in the little glass jars? The flavor is....off to me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
For some reason, I've only been able to find the 505 chilis like twice over a 5 year period. Makes me sad.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Hotel we stayed at in Hong Kong had a whole durian section at the buffet. Probably the most palatable thing was the ice cream. There was a pastry that was pretty good too. They were mostly decent because you couldn’t actually smell the durian.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

SirPablo posted:

This is the real place to get (and eat) your king of fruit.

What do people even do with a whole durian? They just cut it open and eat it?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I didn't know there was such little meat in one. I wouldn't be brave enough to crack one open and only have seen durian based desserts that range from inedible to decent. (Basically based on how much they taste/smell like durian tbh)

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 6, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone try these Costco chicken nugs that supposedly taste as good as Chic-fil-A?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

That's your benchmark? Homophobe fast-food that soaks their chicken in pickle juice?

Yes. Though I think it's more to do with the pickle juice than homophobia tbh.

Evidently these:

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/just-bare-lightly-breaded-chicken-breast-chunks%2c-boneless-skinless%2c-4-lbs.product.100383733.html

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Caramelized onion with gruyere spread is pretty good. We ate half a tub in a day.

Mini-cinnamon roll things are pretty good, they need like 5 seconds in the microwave.

Got some eggnog, it's very average, not offensive. I should make some this year.

I think the Kirkland chocolate covered crepes are super addictive but my wife doesn't like them as much.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Those carnitas will look fine after a little shredding and a pass under the broiler.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

I really like the Indian stuff in the refrigerated section.

This brand has a few different options and they have all been good.

That's probably the best variety of those, it's decent.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

Inspired by Costcos sale on pineapples last week

Might want to check the smoking thread and compare images OP

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I made the mistake of putting my phone number in a solar calculator thing online and was inundated will phone calls, like at least one per day for weeks. Plus texts. A sure fire way to guarantee I will never choose that company should we decide to get solar.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Kinders Woodfired Garlic is super good, I use it for a variety of things.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We got a box of Jongga kimchi single serving packs and it doesn't taste the same. Tastes more sour to us.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Schmeichy posted:

Rude!

Get the box of fancy European cookies that comes out on the holidays

Yesssss, can't wait for these.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

pentyne posted:

Those are good but nothing special. I don't understand what is different about the smores caramel but they are vastly superior

The caramel in the Kirkland s’mores has a sort of burnt sugar flavor that is excellent.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Aww yeah, got my tin of European cookies today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Not the single serving packs though. Just awful.