Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Anyone got a line on a 5kg salt lick from Costco for my butter seasoning needs?

My last trip didn't yield too much interesting but I did pick up a big tub of pub mix nuts with some honey sesame straws, cashews, almonds, and two types of peanuts. Pretty tasty and more interesting than GORP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

I hope the pub mix was unsalted so you could delicately season them yourself by individual ingredient

No but they were unbuttered so I still have to do that. Any recommendations?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

Anybody tried the new Tajín flavored kimchi?

It's Tajjin the one with two "j"s

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

fully owned subsidiary of daesang corp, which also owns chungjeongone and miwon brands and is like the second largest lysine producer or some poo poo. and the largest dextrose producer!

Well if they hope to keep all the resurrected dinos in check, I'd hope they have enough lysine.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

poisonpill posted:

Posting this because you haven’t found it in years?

Amazing quoted username/post combo (slice)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
They won't spoil but it's not like they're delicious after that time. Also, beer used to last almost forever because the little bit of yeast at the bottom would sit dormant and "condition" the bottle. Now that most brewers filter out any residual yeast, most beers will go bad if you leave them for a while.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Strong Convections posted:

I used to be able to get Jongga kimchi, but the local hasn't had it for a while. I got what they had which was Pulmuone (made in Korea! it desperately shouts on the front).
Haven't cracked it open yet and I'm not enough of a kimchi connoisseur to recall jongga and do a fair comparison - anyone able to weigh in and compare the two?

Dunno about kimchee but their air dried noodles are meh. I think it's a bargain brand.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Heading into synagogue tomorrow to stock up on some essentials - and even more non-essentials.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

The Dregs posted:

I just got a costco membership for the first time in years. I went shopping...no blue crab dip. No 5 pound Jelly bellies. No big rear end box of Jamaican meat pies. Only carbonated water was Pellegrino. WTF even is this place anymore?

At least I stocked up on dog food and bacon but im not happy. Oh and the maple syrup is alright.

We still have all those things (aside from jelly bellies) and also can buy a whole lamb.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just move to the DC area, couldn't be simpler. Downside though is that my closest Costco doesn't sell liquor or beer, but if I drive to DC I can get it.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We freeze the goat cheese logs and they thaw just fine. Probably okay with harder cheeses too but I wouldn't do a soft or semi soft

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

Count the "g"s

I count 7?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I feel like Costco dogs aren't glizzies, since you can only glomp them if you're the throat goat.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just lol to everyone paying for milks. The true lifehack is getting free dilz milk from a guy in the nearby alleyway.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinkin' costco today

I hope you followed through on your thoughts. I'm going to synagogue today.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think our local Chinese, Arab, and Jewish communities have effectively crowded out the kimchee market. Never have I seen the one with the two G's, but they had dried sea cucumber today.

Also, I took the serrano ham plunge (the $99 one, not the $500 iberico one). Will report back at a later date.

$100 charcuterie ham, $1.50 dog.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Went last week and it was pretty clear, everyone must have been in post Thanksgiving stupor

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I just thought it was a CrossFit thing.

Got myself the 10lb bag of wings for the big game, now to figure out what the guests will be eating

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Too many people returning the houses forced them to shut down the program

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Reuben sandwiches

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just a note, even if it's online, the shipping is "free" but the cost increases, and the bigger items cost more. They basically build shipping into the price.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

I feel like the chicken bake is like two ingredients from being great. It’s just bland and bleh now

Sauerkraut and onions :argh:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

He'd never do that.

He essentially introduced me to the $1.50 hot dog and drink (with refill).

Was that before or after he touched your butthole

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

During.

It was part of the initiation process. You uh.... you guys didn't have to do that? He told me everyone did and it was a right of passage. Right?

Maybe it was in lieu of the $50 membership fee?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The membership fee is 60 dollars for the regular membership. You'd think a real costco member would know that...

The membership fee is but a drop in the bucket when I'm buying a whole rear end lamb.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Weembles posted:

I never had an occasion that would warrant a whole one, but the bonless leg of rear end lamb that costco has is a pretty good deal.

Yeah we have a chest freezer so in addition to having space for bulk paper towels and toilet paper, we're set for bulk meat.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If you get the before the mad rush begins, lots of grocery stores sell dry ice blocks if you want to keep poo poo full on frozen for a while.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I believe it is "The tickory dickory tocks" my good sir.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
$1.50 for a hot dog, soda (with refill), and undiagnosed Crohn's

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Glad to hear you stuck to the plan

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Cithen posted:

Heading to Costco soon! Family lunch will be:
3x $1.50 Hotdog + soda (w/refill)
1x Slice of cheese pizza

What's the rest of your family going to have?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

pencilhands posted:

Serious question about bidets, and the main reason I have avoided getting one. How do you know when your butt is clean?

Given your rectal history, never.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Get the Costco pack of metamucil and avoid the decision altogether

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
BJ's still ok?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Tastes kinda rear end-a-ey

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Good luck!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sorry I am only voting for Smuggworth, the one with two "g"s.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Watch it backfire and eating 3 Costco dogs a day for $4.50 ends up with you in peak physical condition.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Fun fact: eating 12 ounces of processed meat per day increases your risk of coronary heart disease by over 300%

I believe you mean "bulking up your artery walls" - it's basically weight training for your vascular system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Our 'co has the one with two g's, going to check it out finally. Don't steer me wrong goons

I also held off on getting the chocolate peanut butter pie because otherwise I'd gain 4.5 pounds

Alucard fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 22, 2023