Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I made that Chef John pasta con le sarde recipe one time and it was amazing

also I guess I have a kitten now and it loves that sherpa blanket like none other, pbuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pentyne posted:

new jamon just dropped

gotta get me some of that jamon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

david_a posted:

Vertically transporting TVs was really important for plasmas because the screen could delaminate if you drove it around when it was laying down. I’ve never heard of that being a thing for LCDs/OLEDs.

lol god plasma tv was such a bad stopgap technology and I'm glad it's dead!

foodcourt chat: in ABQ, NM they've always had people watching the entrance and exit, and they started locking the door next to the exit where you came in for customer service after the food court change. Gotta walk into the entrance and cut through the registers to go to customer service now.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Tokelau All Star posted:

My wife's parents are in town staying with us, so to kill a good chunk of time avoiding them I have decided to go to Costco on a Sunday.

Gonna pick up some pork shoulder to roast, soft drinks, a vegetable tray, and diapers. Take some time to really peruse and consider all the options in the fruit section. Maybe the chicken will be all out and I'll be forced to wait a while for the fresh ones to come out.

I made a cross on my head and chest 4 u

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

There's a truck stop between Eugene and Portland that has surprisingly good hot food. Like, their pizza is actually good, not sad frozen pizza with extra grease like I would expect.

Maveriks actually have good food, since that's what inspired this derail. Also, if you're in a specific part of the southwest, Allsup's fried burritos are :discourse:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

If there's actually some reason he couldn't use lag bolts into studs and there was really no better way to install it, then he should have said "Sorry there's no way to install this, put your TV on a stand."

That's the shittiest install I've ever seen. Costco absolutely owes you everything to fix this.

That's for real, I just installed a single-stud mount a couple weeks ago and I drilled and sank 2 lag bolts, and the sinking was done with a socket wrench.

Looks great (outside of where my studfinder initially told me to drill and I hit the outside of the stud :argh:) and it's solid.

Whoever installed that did absolutely 0 attempt at work, period.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

canyoneer posted:

The brown sugar boba popsicles are amazing. Grab a box if you see them.

Between those and the occasional Melona, Costco's popsicle game is world class

those things are one of my favorites

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i am an executive member and i demand a return of the polish with sauerkraut in response to the chinatown controversy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

You know what I hate, the self-checkout robot voice says “Thank you for shopping at Cost Co” like even with a pause between both syllables.

It’s pronounced Cosco ffs

the gently caress is this poo poo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

I love the lemon spindrifts but every other flavor tastes like congealed rear end. It’s just not a good concept with any other kind of fruit

the lemon black tea one is awesome and my go-to, dollar store wizard master

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I remember Price Club :getin:

the old Price Club was the warehouse of the drug factory where I used to work, too

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Alucard posted:

The lesson is never buy a Costco hotdog, it'll always be cheaper tomorrow!

buy futures in costco hotdogs on the blockchain

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sambal oelek is awesome and I use it more than sriracha

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

lotta good opinions in this video. feels kind of weird being in such agreement with someone’s thoughts on hot sauce

I like talking about peppers with Ed, he is a cool dude. First time I ate a reaper, he handed me a slice of a fresh one the year he introduced them to the public.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

we signed up for a year of monthly mystery sauces and some of his puckerbutt sauces are total poo poo, just bland rear end water. threw a bunch out. maybe he just uses the monthly thing as a way to unload crap experiments, idk.

nah puckerbutt's sauces are pretty bad, despite the fact that dude knows his poo poo about peppers and I generally agree with him in that video. It's one of the great mysteries in the world of peppers. I've only ever bought purees from him.
All the Pepper X Last Dabs I've had are pretty good, though, and he directly supplies them with his stuff.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

I went to costco today to redeem my citi rewards but didn't think to bring my phone and I guess they can't look it up. Gotta go back now....

keep us updated

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

I got my citi visa reimbursement today. Apparently they no longer process them at customer service, you need to be at the register.

PH with the info the people need and deserve

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Rides Naked posted:

The advent of llm content just means that the internet can finally reach ph's level of discourse

pencilhands is a wizard master llm

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

all the grocery stores around here have been doing chickenbags forever, it is the vastly superior option

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Costco parking lots are mid-high level hexed, Trader Joe's parking lots are full-blown cursed

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

RoastBeef posted:

I'm at the Costco parking lot. I'm at the Trader Joe's parking lot. I'm at the combination Costco-Trader Joe's parking lot

Demonic, dark-sided

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Anything worth copping at the 'sco of late? Havn't been through since they shrinkflated everyrthing to beat the band

Your Apple Vision can't tell you that?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Something like this.

It's all I've ever seen in my entire life. Everywhere.

Posters in this thread have complained about the leaking.

hmm, now that I think of it, I may have only ever gotten one rotisserie chicken in my life. Maybe 15 years ago.

Every grocery store where I live has been using bags for the better part of a decade. Gotta make sure the bag is secure in transit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Who the hell wants an already-hosed chicken?

Just 3 Boyz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

why isn't costco on doordash or grubhub etc

"If you raise the price of the hot dog I will loving kill you."
"FIGURE IT OUT."

- Jim Sinegal

I bought a pack of 14 costco hotdogs for $13 the other day and two packs of four 1/4lb Hebrew Nationals that are smaller and less tasty at Smith's currently costs... $4 more.