Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Old thread has been archived for search purposes: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

thanks to the admin that added the link in - I really thought I did!

Whoops.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I gotta say that Costco prescription drugs are some of the cheapest around

like a month's supply of the drug i picked up (generic) was only $12

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

never assume any korean food of any kind is suitable for vegetarians.

You can get vegan kimchi, but you're going to have to go to like H-Mart or some place like that. Most places won't carry it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

fischtick posted:

Howdy, Oregoon. My Costco is in Beaverton; I think it’s one of the og stores. I hit up the one in Hillsboro every now and then. It’s like going from the Enchanted Forest to Disneyworld.

I used to live basically next door to the Hillsboro one and my Saturday morning breakfast was always samples

Also polish dogs (rip)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I found out the other day I can get 7 lbs of pork belly for like $30 at Costco

Idk what I would ever do with 7 pounds but holy poo poo that price is insane

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

This is the correct answer. Pork belly burnt ends are the greatest thing ever

If I had a house I would absolutely do this, but unfortunately houses in my area are basically Bezos level pricing

I wish Costco sold houses :mad:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

Also Monster energy rules, yall are trippin, get real

This post brought to you by Big Nephrology

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

:hai:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

Me imagining goons wearing snug-fitting boxer briefs: :shudder:

wrong emoji

I think you meant :awesome:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Does H-Mart sell a Kimchi Fridge? Can you pick me one up?

no lie I've been considering getting one and making my own kimchi because I love it so much

but I haven't seen it at costco. Mostly at like H-mart and stuff

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I WANT MY ONIONS BACK :mad:

and my combo slice :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Was it in this thread that someone said they got a decently priced air purifier from the church? I have to go pick up a prescription from there tonight so I might as well check it out while I'm in store. I need one apparently for my cats because something is bugging the hell out of them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'ma squash you like a bug!!!!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

topenga posted:

They were probably talking about the WInix that goes on sale regularly.

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

I have that one and a slightly larger one. They seem to work great. Nice and quiet. Vacuum the pre filter every couple of weeks if the room is really dusty, then swap or wash the charcoal filter every 3 months (or 6. or...when you remember to). Fart next to it to watch the color change and the fans angrily spin up (they also complain about cooking with alcohol. Uncivilized machines)

oh sweet thank you!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Going to church tonight. Anyone need anything?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Need some brie. and EGGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNyUALnj8V0

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah avocados and bananas are both bad ideas from Costco

The only time avocados make sense is a family gathering where you're making a ton of guac. Otherwise a normal situation wouldn't call for Costco sized avos

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm friends with a guy whose past roommate used to live literally next door to McDonald's, would eat it three times a day and got it Doordashed every time

People are lazy as hell

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Luxrage posted:

There has been rumors for years our town is getting a Costco, but they may be starting to become real. They've been doing a lot of land surveying and road work on a formerly empty factory lot and while a few small things have popped up around it, one of the people working for the city said after talking to them it's going (probably) to be a Costco.
:pray:

welcome to the church friend! :catholic:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

All this talk of chicken nuggets and nobody has posted the best ones, smdh

These things loving rule

Oooo poo poo I may get some on my next visit

I'm slowly transitioning to ~90% vegetarian at home for health reasons. Eating out whatever but I don't do that much. I love fake nugz

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Heading to church anyone need anything?

E: THEY HAVE JONGGA PRAISE BE

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 3, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Medullah posted:

Costco is closed today right?

Yup! All federal holidays

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Do you need an appointment for the Costco booster or just walk right in?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Their sweet potato pie is stellar tho

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Costco has a clearance what the gently caress

they actually do!

Costco employees explain how reading price tags can help you save money

quote:

Costco price tags occasionally reveal deals hidden in plain sight.

Business Insider recently asked 38 Costco employees from around the US to share their best tips for getting the best deal, and several of these employees said that members should check price tags carefully when shopping.

Certain symbols and sales prices can signify which products are about to run out, which ones have been marked down, and which items the store is desperate to get rid of.

Once you know this subtle secret code, you can use it to shop smarter and find better deals at your local Costco.

Asterisks indicate that the product won’t be around for long

A Costco employee of 15 months told Business Insider that seasonal items "that are the last quantities in stock are marked with an asterisk on signage." They added that such products "can be marked down quite a bit."

But, according to The Kitchn, asterisks don't necessarily indicate that the item has been marked down. It's just not going to be restocked, so if it's a favorite, you should grab it before it's gone.

"Your favorite item may be seasonal, so buy it if you see it," one employee who's worked at Costco for 29 years told Business Insider.

Look carefully at sales prices ending in .97

An employee who's been with Costco for 12 years told Business Insider that items with a sales price ending in .97 are clearance items and have have been marked down from the regular price.

In an article for Tough Nickel, a site dedicated to frugal living, Lee Rapoport wrote, "Unlike all other retailers, Costco doesn't like you to know this, so they don't put the original prices with a slash and then the new price as many stores do."

The website Costco.97 notes that the clearance price could go even lower if the product has been sitting on the shelves for a while at this price. The way to tell is to look at the date code, usually in the bottom right corner of the price tag, and if the last time the price was updated was a few weeks ago, "there's a good chance another round of discounts are coming soon."

Sales prices ending in 9 — other than .99 — may or may not indicate a deal

Rapoport reported that most regularly priced items have a sales price ending in .99.

But sales prices ending in .89, .79, .69, .59, or .49 can indicate a special deal that Costco got from one of its manufacturers.

The website Costco.97 reported that these sales items "may or may not be a good deal" and that they are "likely products new to the store that are being tested by the manufacturer, so they offer pricing that may be lower than what you'd normally see elsewhere."

Sales prices ending in .88 or .00 are likely manager markdowns

Rapoport wrote that sales prices ending in .88 or .00 indicate "manager markdowns."

Costco.97 also reported that these prices can mean the item is a sellable return, floor model, or one of "the last few units remaining that the manager is trying to get rid of."

A Costco employee of two years told Business Insider that a sales price ending in .00 designates products that Costco is trying to get rid of, "so buy up," they advise.

Costco 97 offers one caveat: "While you could be getting an amazing deal on these items, inspect them very carefully before purchasing as they could be damaged in some way or even missing a part."

I took my friend to Costco this weekend and we bought a shitload of stuff. He got some pork chops and chicken that he's gonna grill up, I got a thing of ribs that he's gonna smoke and we're gonna have for dinner later tonight, and we of course ended it with a hot dog

it's the little things in life

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've heard that sam's club still has onions for their hot dogs...

I don't even think this needs a discussion I've already put the perma in the queue

Disrespecting Costco like this has CONSEQUENCES

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Got a whole new set of dishware at church today :patriot:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Please do not close threads because you are on probation thank you

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pershing posted:

Two hours earlier for :gas:

Gonna say that 820 am on a Wednesday is the perfect time for Costco gas

No line, in and out in five mins

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Laterite posted:

Costco Pestoman

Decent username potential

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I am very tempted to probe you for this.

Unless it is one of the rural areas with some level of exemption from the usual ban on self-service or at a commercial refueling station, you are a reprobate. Also, I'm not 100% sure but you could get the attendants in trouble doing this kind of thing.

Also an Oregoon so if he probes you for this I'll probe him in retaliation

Beware......

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

your mom was banging the gas station man

:hmmyes:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Is orange moist gas short enough for a username

It is!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I wish Costco sold this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TP-ZzKbXJk

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

pencilhands posted:

Also selling soda from a fountain is essentially free money as I understand it.

I think I read somewhere that soda costs at McDonalds are like 1 cent or less in the aggregate and it's basically pure profit when they sell it for $1.39

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

skipdogg posted:

It's a lot more expensive than that, but the margin is still great for a restaurant item.

A 5 gallon BIB of soda syrup was around 100 dollars last I checked. I might be up to 120 now. Lets just go with 100 to keep things easy. 100 dollars for 640 ounces of soda syrup. Generally soda syrup is mixed at a 5 to 1 ratio of carbonated water to syrup. McDonalds actually sets their ratio to 4.5 to 1 which is why so many people like soda from there. The syrup ratio is higher (It has nothing to do with metal tanks, or any other crap you've seen on social media)

So 640 ounces of syrup at a 5:1 ratio makes 3840 ounces of soda. $100/3840 ounces is about 2.6 cents an ounce if we ignore the cost of carbonating the water, filtering the water, chilling the water, the equipment to dispense it, etc. A 32 oz soda has for the sake of argument about 20 ounces of actual liquid after accounting for ice. So about 52 cents worth of soda. Throw in another 2 cents for the cup and a penny for the straw, and a 32 oz drink raw costs is 55 cents.

Back in the day like 25 years ago when I was in the restaurant industry, a BIB of Coca Cola syrup was probably 35 dollars, which would drop it down to less than a penny an ounce, but like everything else soda has gotten expensive as well.

Love this post and thank you for it! I learned something today :)

And that's probably where I got the penny per from tbh - it's been many years since I've seen any updated stats

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

made kimchi grilled cheese sandos last night. some nice sourdough, that whiskey flavored chedder, and kimchi (not the one with 2 ggs)

Permaban incoming

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I really like how the Awful App cut off this thread title because it would totally be true if Costco sold it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

He has risen! :worship: