Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

KitConstantine posted:

He's there for HBO doc about the trial

Is this real, HBO is working on a documentary for this? I assume there's already a scriptwriter somewhere, taking notes for his comedy movie about this trial, but an HBO docu would be great too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

How convenient that InfoWars, the internet's only truth website, is being ruined, via laws. Deep State much? :colbert:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hmm, I'm trying to find info about this trial on the InfoWars website and I can't find any :tinfoil:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Alex Phones

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

William Bear posted:

Lmao, feeding frenzy. Everyone wants to get their hands on Alex Jones' phone.

https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/1554903595258191872
I'm suing Alex Jones to find out his chili recipe!

Alex Jones incommunicado during the trial "Just get me out of here. This can't get any worse" :gurf:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Watching the live feed and Alex almost lunged at the lawyer talking right now, and someone behind him held him back lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Log082 posted:

The leak is so stupid I actually vaguely thought about whether or not it could have been intentional, either from the lawyers or one of their assistants, who saw something on the phone dump that crossed a personal line of some sort.

I don't think that's actually it though because the defense is so loving incompetent I believe they could do something like this and also that they probably haven't even read the phone records.

for sure, any lawyer stupid enough to legally represent AJ is stupid enough to do that by mistake

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Lawlicaust posted:

I haven’t been able to live watch much of the closing arguments but based on the commentary in this thread….

Is Shitball really objecting regularly during closing arguments? Is this his first trial?

:rubby:

my man AJ was sitting there for like 30 minutes, boiling mad because he couldn't shout back like in his podcasts, and at one point when the lawyer was saying something about "Alex is not the real victim, that's ridiculous", Alex almost lunged at him and someone behind him put his hand on Alex to hold him back

tbh I missed whatever Alex said, but he was clearly rocking back and forth in his seat lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

TheMightyBoops posted:

Someone should put together a playlist of entertaining recorded civil suits to watch when this is over.

This live feed goes away forever after the trial, right? bit of a shame if so, but glad I caught some delightful moments

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Alex seems to be in surprisingly high spirits, all smiles, for a man in his position

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

This guy sucks compared to the previous lawyer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Your honor, my client actually sucks poo poo and nobody listens to his lame podcasts when he broadcasts. I am a lawyer fr fr no cap

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

For anyone who thought this lawyer was TRYING TO BRING ALEX DOWN FROM INSIDE… he’s a very good actor if so

I think he’s just evil, but hey maybe his reputation is worth saving Alex

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

just gonna remind everyone that this is a civil trial and so nobody is found guilty or innocent

I have reached a verdict already

I declare society… guilty !

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I guess anyone can be a lawyer in Texas

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pyrtanis posted:

The weird thing about the bow and the arrows hahaha

This is directly for the alt right crowd that hangs with Joe Rogan and such, they love bows and arrows, and hunting

They are cool for sure, Lara Croft hunts with bow and arrow. This lawyer is no Lara Croft

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dragonstoned posted:

I was watching a scanner darkley the other day and totally forgot that Alex Jones pops up in the middle and is actually telling the truth about whats happening with the dystopian government in that flim/book before getting tasered and dragged off by the gestapo

was a bit of a :wtc: moment lol

AJ has revealed *some* crazy conspiracy info that turned out to be true, like the thing about ultra rich people having a weird cult like party

He also predicted a lot of things that never happened afaik (the AMERO global coin etc).

And the trans dimensional vampires feeding on children, well I really hope that doesn’t turn out to be true. Not holding my breath

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Tree Dude posted:

Money is the only thing on the line in this case. Hopefully his lawyer hosed up so bad by giving the entire contents of their clients phone to opposing council that future cases can spring up from it.

I'm interested in the "what happens when that phone goes to law enforcement? :smug:" line from the lawyer.

Like.. wtf was on that phone. Did they submit it to law enforcement already? Are they going to? Is it evidence that will lead to the arrest of Killary Klinton? :tinfoil:

that's a hell of a throwaway line

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Does he though? I've never been 100% sure about that. I guess we'll find out when the contents of that phone are made public.

Can I sue Alex Jones and get a copy of the phone? How does that access work?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Alex Jonestown Massacre

lol

lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

This thing about Alex being in our collective consciousness is correct - this trial is not just an "America lol" thing - it would probably be good for the whole world if this somehow takes InfoWars down.

They said "150 million in damages, 1 dollar for every american who had to listen to your dumb rear end, Alex", but since 2012 (the Sandy Hook shooting), AJ gained a huge global audience and inspired a whole generation of worldwide conspiracy grifters trying to copy his business model to earn a cent.

Between that and Facebook, the damage might be irreversible, or take a generation to undo, while society learns how to deal with instant communications

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

It's kind of amazing how confident Alex can be that his listeners will never check anything he says. It would take zero effort to find out that every word he's saying about the trial is a lie since it's literally all on YouTube, but none of his audience will.

I'm starting to suspect that Alex Jones has not learned anything from this trial :thunk:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Yep, this. There’s a meme that regularly gets posted when someone(like me, yesterday) stupidly gets into a twitter argument with a nazi. I will only say that both i and the guy i was arguing with turned on the full fledged nazi who joined the argument and we told him to gently caress himself

Unforch the other guy was arguing mostly that nazi is a label applied too easily these days and i said “lol do you not know who nick fuentes is”, and he said “no i do not, is that relevant”

All that to say:

Also, “you can’t wake up someone pretending to be asleep”

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The best part about the game is you can finish it in less than an hour and get it refunded since you played < 2 hours

Seems like the best part would be that you don’t have to play it at all!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

my cat is norris posted:

That documentary was really good, I think. Definitely made the case for what an awful human being he is.

Not just him, but everyone working with and around him fails at being a decent person. The fat gently caress Jabba the Hutt looking bastard who kept going on about “WHY NO TRAUMA HELICOPTERS FOR THIS EMERGENCY” (because they’re all massacred you loving idiot)

The fat woman so proud of her tiny brain lighting up a neuron that goes “ping” and asks “well, who cleaned up all the blood?” :smug:

AJ is bad and he’s a vortex of horrible people, no wonder he’s friends with Joe Rogan

Edit: the dumbass lawyer who sends the text to the opposing lawyers team lol

The other idiot lawyer who is all “first they came for Alex Jones… :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Durf posted:

I can't listen to Knowledge Fight anymore because his speech has become so garbled and phlegmy, it's disgusting. CLEAR YOUR loving THROAT MAN

a recent Qanon Anonymous had this guy on who had a great line about social media

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/696775/the-politics-of-fear-by-arthur-goldwag/

he also said he had no doubt the author of the Turner Diaries would have a Jones sized audience if he existed today

Welp, that’s what you get for corporatizing your knowledge-well and prioritizing commerce and advertising instead of truthful information

Most goons probably lived thru the best internet, lots of freedom + relatively low commerce + no loving algorithms to keep you glued (sorry engaged) to the screen