Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

The Arsenal doc is out and Arteta comes off as cringey, but it might work with a bunch of dumb rear end professional athletes. Also not sure how he can keep up these inspirational team talks for years if they are working.

GUYS GUYS GUYS,

Pep is cringe as gently caress too... but somehow it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arteta plays You'll Never Walk Alone to prep for Liverpool.... Klopp just plays Neue Deutsche Härte at every training session.. that's why Liverpool always looked pumped and on coke.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

African AIDS cum posted:

I just listened to the Traffordcast and they predicted a 3-0 Man United win

Liverpool will crush them.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Also, the fans demand change any time they don't win the league and it blows up into a PR nightmare until the manager is gone. They buy big names without much thought of how well they will fit into the team is another big issue.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jose posted:

The person in charge of transfers left at the same time as Ferguson and was replaced with the genius who gave the next manager a single signing only made after a release clause expired so he cost £3m more than would have earlier

Being in the conference league is hardly considered a success for Manchester United.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Xabi posted:

None of you have mentioned that the fans and clowns like Gary Neville are arrogant, deluded and entitled, and create a toxic atmosphere every time the team doesn’t perform (i.e. weekly).

He now, Gary Neville would DIE for the club. He said so this week.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Here is the real reason United are poo poo: God's will.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yea I think that last title changed the narrative quite a bit. Sure that last title was great but was it worth SAF not setting the table for the club going forward?

Heroic manager takes questionable squad to one last title sort of begs the question of why the squad was so questionable. He ran the dang place.

What the gently caress are you saying?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Modern techniques are better than old ones, news at 11.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
RVP was hardly a mercenary, this is coming from an Arsenal fan. He knew he was at the peak form of his life and that Arsenal were still short for winning a title, so he went there to win one and did just that. He was also very upset that SAF retired right after if you recall... and he was banished from United as soon as his form started to drop.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Generally I totally agree gotta side with labor over management, but stuff like RVP to United and Lewandowski from Dortmund to Bayern is a bit lame as a fan imho but happy they got paid still

It was a downer for Arsenal fans for sure, but yeah... he wanted to win the big trophy.. I get it.

Dortmund always sell their best players not named Rues.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EC10 posted:

true but RVP being hosed off to turkey immediately after winning the league at united when he would have still been the main man at arsenal for many years to come is also cool and good

he got injured again, like he always did, then had a good season in turkey, injured again, hosed off back to dutchland

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
His red card against Barcelona for late kicking the ball is one of the all time worst referring decisions I can remember, I am biased but god that was so loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Nobody is happy and Brendan is going to get sacked.