Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shinjobi posted:

Bayonetta is a crazy lady. Why ya putting dang guns on yer gosh darn feet, mam?

Her hair is demons she can do what she wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Most of the DMC series has aged very badly. Just play DMCV and maybe DmC.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The WoL has two personalities to choose from the dialogue options - bold adventurer or slightly snarky guy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I played most of Symphonia (because everyone said it was the good one) and whichever one was ported to PSP (Phantasia?). Never did anything for me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

cheetah7071 posted:

You can marry in skyrim but not in elden ring

That's not true.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I had no idea P3 and P4 released so close together. How are we still on P5 15 years later (other than the obvious reasons)?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I got a PS5 a month or two ago and I'm already using it ten times more than my PC for gaming and 100 times more than my Switch (which hasn't been turned on since Metroid Dread).

The new PS+ library is a godsend for the console. I've got months worth of cool fun games to keep me going until God of War and the TLOU remake. And the two games I'm most hype for right now (FF16 and 7R2) will be PS5 exclusive for at least a year or two.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

god of war and tlou are pc games and the second one is the second remake in two generations. can only concludie your first statement stems from a n incredible lack of taste in games .

Ok I'm sorry I'll stop enjoying my PS5 and will go back to replaying the Switch and PC games that I've already played.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i remember when naruto fans were mad that they got like, two straight years of it? after naruto and co failed to retrieve sasuke and they had to give the timeskip room to breathe

Yeah it was two years of utter poo poo when they could have just taken a break and not ruined a huge portion of their show forever.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I like chucking dudes off roofs and into the ocean

I hate that there are magic webs that save all the people you kick off the skyscrapers. :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zinkraptor posted:

Yeah I'm a "never skip cutscenes" guy but like, if there's any major questline to skip cutscenes on it's the Alliance Ivalice raids. It's a shame because I do really like the raids themselves.

This but also Heavensward's Alliance raids. There was something real tedious about it, and it had very strong 'anime filler movie' energy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Call them Interactive Consumer Engagement Opportunities.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Bungie is bringing back all previously removed story and group content. They are no longer sunsetting content. Very good announcement, that was such a terrible idea to do to begin with.

[edit]
no wait, previous content is still mostly gone, but no more future sunsetting.

I'm very glad they're doing this, and it might be enough to bring me back to the game. It does raise the question of why they kept insisting that it was absolutely necessary and the only way to keep adding new content though.

And they've said they want people to be able to play through the whole story from beginning to end so I guess their goal is to bring back the removed expansions eventually? They'd also need to bring back the seasonal storylines for that to work though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The 7th Guest posted:

and honestly at that point they should just take the number out and call it Destiny. it's clear that this is their forever MMO and there won't be another after this

They almost definitely won't but I hope Bungie makes a start on Destiny 3 once the 'saga' is done and make sure it's properly future proofed like a real MMO. Destiny 2 really wasn't built to be a forever game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It sucks but it's literally £30. I can't see that swaying many people's decision to buy one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Now do Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AceOfFlames posted:

Daniel Handler insists that he is merely Lemony Snicket's "agent", etc.

That's actually part of the canon of most of his stories though so it makes more sense than whatever the christ Rowling is doing.