Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What beats up on Spooky Mage? It's all I'm seeing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

LMAO did I read that right? I'm not playing Enrage Warrior just to edge out mages, regular 30 card Wildfire Mage has been racing even aggro Mage well so far.

E: Just read the BG update, it's not something I play but if Blizzard makes Standard more expensive I'm out and I'll set my poo poo on fire. Beyond From Software gaming is poo poo these days.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 24, 2022

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What are the rewards for the BG questline?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

I'm out.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Does anyone have a list for the Aggro DH mentioned in the last VS podcast? Relic DH is fun but I'm facing too many Theotars right now :saddowns:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
King poo poo, thanks. I'm gonna try it to get under all the fat decks going around.

AnacondaHL posted:

:ssh: (this is probably the list that will be published tomorrow) :ssh:

### Aggro Nathria
# Class: Demonhunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Metamorfin
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Bibliomite
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Fossil Fanatic
# 2x (2) Multi-Strike
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Magnifying Glaive
# 2x (3) Predation
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
#
AAECAea5AwKHiwT7vwQOwvED9PYDifcD9fgDtp8EyZ8E4aQEjrAEiLIEmLoEwMoEpeIEq+IExuIEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Really enjoy playing Relic DH now, too bad I suck at it.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I'm really tired of Beast Hunter :saddowns:

GTO posted:

Anyone else unable to claim prizes on the reward track?

Sometime it bugs out! Try restarting :saddowns:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone on RN I can spectate for a daily quest?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Firebert posted:

The Reno skin hero power throws a hotdog instead of a fireball, I kinda want it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1NsWgUEdw

drat, now I want to buy it too.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Disappointing changes, but I guess there's only so much they can do to change the meta.

Any idea what they are referring to with patch 24.6? Playing this meta (sans Hunter) for two more months will be dull as gently caress.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
New VS report up:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-244/

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The only times Denathrius feels bad is when you play against Druid and they curve out into brann-denathrius-zola turn 18 (actually turn 5). But then you hosed up and rolled badly already and you can go next.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Yeah I can't create or play Wild decks RN. It is amazing how they manage to break the game at every turn :saddowns:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Boxman posted:

I just got gifted 150 packs from Blizz to entice me to come back after tapping out after Descent of Dragons. From what I can tell, it's mediocre timing re: rotation, but I'm easily manipulable, so I guess I'll log in, rip some packs, and sob at all the poo poo I can't build because I only have 150 packs worth of standard stuff and I'm missing too much from wild.

So, questions, if anyone wants to indulge me. What's Demon Hunter's class identity like? Are the mini-sets also collectible in boosters, or would I have to shell out for those separately? Is hsreplay.net still the go to for data-based "here are good decks, here are good decks you can actually build with your collection?" Is the limited format still boring?

Also while I was typing this post I reopened Hearthstone Deck Tracker and it remembers my most recent games - apparently I last played 1027 days ago. Oh Zilliax, we had some fun, didn't we?

Go look at Vicious Syndicate or d0nkey.top instead, they are better and free alternatives. Demon Hunter is a mixture of mana manipulation and card draw with weapons, lifesteal spells and big demons thrown in for good measure. It lacks good AoE clears and is generally dependent on class themes: Shards you fill your deck with which are then used as resources, Relics which are spells that improve for each one casted. It is my second favourite class after Rogue! I never enjoy Arena so I can't tell you.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

Theotar is probably getting nerfed again, it’s listed as a 6 mana 4/4 on the official site

God is great.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Sankara posted:

Man. This game sucks, huh?

Lol and/or lmao.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Just played a 20-25 minute game against Res Priest as XL Mage, managed to cast 5x Rune of the Archmage and 2x Blizzards in the course of beating them :getin:

Adregan posted:

Just going to leave this here for all you guys to see or haven’t heard about this yet.

https://youtu.be/SwkI82jvMOU

Please check it out. I know a few people that play hearthstone and are handicapped.

Not watching that entire video but I've heard about this elsewhere, it sucks :saddowns:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
E: Nevermind, I forget.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 18, 2022

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Not that it’s any good but don’t forget Razorglaive Sentinel for the pseudo outcast synergy

Might just work as a quality card should Fel DH need more value (if the meta slows down).

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
That's a cool way of giving free mana though!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I use my dust to craft Golden's for Wild Reno decks. :(

I'm slowly working my way toward ONE Reno deck, sans gold :saddowns:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Any decks you guys are looking forward to playing? To me Arcane Hunter looks like the first fun Hunter deck in ages and midrange Paladin and Enrage Warrior look good too!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Yeah the signature cards look absolutely terrible.

VS posted their theorycrafted decks btw: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/40-decks-to-try-out-on-day-1-of-march-of-the-lich-king/

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I missed out, but on the other hand the signaure legendaries look dogshit :cope:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've been having fun with Quest Druid and Miracle Rogue so far.

TyrantWD posted:

Control BBB DK is really strong. Copes with aggro fairly well, but struggles against Ramp Druid.

Ramp Druid is quite ridiculous right now. Brann needs to moved out of standard.

Or Guff! What's your list?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

fanny packrat posted:

Post your lists!

I've been using VS lists!

mcbexx posted:

Wait what? The Path of Arthas set is currently only available as a golden version for 70 bucks, with no non-golden version purchasable for gold in the shop?

(At least in the EU shop, I even restarted to make sure it wasn't glitched).

Edit: Oh never mind, they hid the normal one behind the tile for the golden set.
Absolutely makes sense.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I not only got Rommath but Liadrin as well. Diamond and Signature cards are a ripoff as they're a premium element that have less utility and flexibility than Standard and Golden cards.

Lmao it would be so easy for Blizzard to change just a little bit to not be such dirtbags and they'd garner so much goodwill. Instead the persist with dogshit decisions and everybody is pissed.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

The DH scythe is bugged I think. I've played two games now where none of the 1 cost spells to discover the minion in my deck triggered. So I just played two games with 27 cards and no minions...

Edit: Just looked it up and looks like it's a big when playing against Renathol decks. Terrible!

How did this not come up in testing :rip:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Played against the new APM Priest lmao, such a nice dumb combo.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
There's a Boar Druid deck with Oracle and the new resurrect-card :getin:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Especially as you are actively making 7 other players’ game worse by afking. Really unbalances a lobby having someone giving free wins and removing the damage cap early

I usually do this the few times BGs are mandatory. Truly bad design :tipshat:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What's the meta looking like now post-nerf? I haven't had much time to play the last few weeks.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The nerf to Relic of Dimensions didn't hamper DH too much then?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The concoction Rogue is lowkey goated when whirlkick rogue is the vibe :suicide:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think i just need to bite the bullet, dust some wild legendaries and craft some varient of rogue because they all look like theyre having lots of fun. I know we're ages from rotation yet but i still feel sketchy about just blowing dust as a f2p player when the whole meta will dramatically change in a few months.

Rogue is by far my favourite class and the recent sets have some staples (Concoctions, Crabtoa, the 1-cost cantrips, the new legendary et cetera) that will remain staples into the next year of standard 2023.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

my guesses:

Rogue:
Ghoulish Alchemist to a 2/2
Potion Belt to 3 mana

DH:
Final Showdown to 5/5/5 cards
Fel'Dorei Warband to only target minions

Hunter:
Devouring Swarm to 1 mana
Selective Breeder to "discover a Beast to draw from your deck"

I really, really hope they nerf Maestra & Gnolls instead.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Eeepies posted:

Gnolls should just say non-Rogue cards and the class will be fine. Probably put the dust refund on Maestra too but that one change fixes Rogues.

I think concoctions will be the only fun mechanic for a while, so I think it should keep. Maestra/Gnolls-interaction was dull even last winter so I hope they nerf it for the remainder of Standard and let Rogue have something come next expansion.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Patch notes WHEN

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Mayveena posted:

Probably not at 6AM Pacific, just sayin😀

I just want to play some Warlock friend :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've been enjoying Handlock and Miracle Rogue in Classic, a nice respite from Standard.