Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Can't seem to craft cards right now either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Not just Wizard Poker, BULLSHIT Wizard Poker

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, this tavern brawl's just another example of the biggest problem with Hearthstone's singleplayer: they refuse to give you a deck that's actually good.

I've been having a ton of fun with Runeterra's single player mode, to the point where I never even play the PVP modes.

I guess I got lucky on the tavern brawl because I picked Priest and smeared him on the first try (also I was not paying attention and didn't realize it was AI until I'd almost won)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Three Hunters in a row, all have the 2/2 that summons a Wildseed and the Summon 2, speed them up at 3. 25 stats on the board Turn 4.

And then that stupid new rush minion that buffs them out of Deathborne range :mad:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Game has become a joust of who can gently caress over the other's gameplan better by playing Theotar at this point. It's not even good Trolden poo poo.

A completely joyless experience.
Decisions don't matter anymore, it's a plinko machine.

Nerfing Theotar to give two choices instead of three would be a good start to rein that poo poo in. Or just send it to Wild.

Yeah, he slots in so easy, and he's almost always better than whatever other drop you have on 4, it's always a race to jack up their plan before they jack up yours. When he first came out I'd try to hold him for a specific combo piece or quest reward but quickly learned that's just a great way to lose to him their Theotar. He doesn't even need a body to be good, could just be a spell.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

No Wave posted:

If he were 6 or 7 he would have to have a better than 1 in 3 shot of taking denathrius. As is he's a very good card that can win you the game vs denathrius 30% of games where he is in the deck, at 6 or 7 he's a niche tech card that doesnt even work most of the time.

Maybe make him discover one of two cards rather than three, still powerful but a bit less reliable for stealing win cons, and more potential to bite you in the rear end.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

I just managed to annoy MAGA4Ever#1432 so much in a Casual Wild game that they conceded. I ALWAYS rope and poo poo against them. I know this is not the thread for political bullshit, but gently caress them.

Lord's work.

Been trying to make an Elise Mill deck in Duels but haven't been able to break past 7 wins so far - fetching Dew Process is too unreliable past the first few games, even with help from all the Priest tutors. Best highlight so far was having it completely explode in my face when my opponent cast Ancient Reflections on my Reborn-buffed Selfish Shellfish and milled me in like 2 turns.

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 19, 2022

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Kalko posted:

I tried it out and it's an extremely well designed mobile game, by which I mean it adheres perfectly to all of these tenets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4

That video, ugh. I couldn't stop watching though.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Hearthstone hanging up / timing out for anyone else at the end of every match? Maybe it's a Duels thing.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Pardot posted:

I mashed together a deck and managed to get 54 armor and full health by constantly bringing back that 8 armor guy that I cheated out turn 3, killing all their threats with that 4/8 lifesteal guy, stealing the deathrattles twice card from rogue opponent, and playing the hero card that replays all your deathrattles. Big priest rules.

Share a list!

Edit: nm looks like deckbuilder is hosed along with a bunch of other stuff

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

bravesword posted:

Oh, wonderful, they’re pushing Discard Warlock again. Does anyone actually like this archetype?

Surely better than this curse crap

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Mr Beens posted:

People have been saying discard lock has been setup for future expansions for the last 6 expansions. They won't introduce 4 cards to support wild, they have been trying to make discard lock a thing for ages but have never been able to successfully do it.

It was fun and viable in Duels for quite a while, still pretty decent although not top tier.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

New to Hearthstone, I take it?

As someone who primarily plays Duels, I'm playing him a tiny violin.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Lister posted:

It's extra irritating because they did the same thing for demon hunter when it launched with 20 cards and it was free for all.

Yeah, it's their stinginess that keeps me from spending money, purely out of spite. I'm happy to drop a dime on a quality game but as soon as I get a whiff of exploitation or car salesman psychology the ol' wallet clams right up.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

RatHat posted:

God the animated Arthas portrait is so fuckin ugly

Haha yeah, it's like some weird Poser animation or whatever that program was goons were making Captain America memes with in 2004.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

RatHat posted:

I think they disabled Standard pack openings because people were getting too many signature legendaries.

I wish it was disabled, it just hangs the game looking at 5 card backs and makes me restart.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I love the Nozdormu quest so much. The rare games where I get matched with someone else who has it are the best and make me wish that was the normal Hearthstone turn timer.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

It's the 4-ban Tavern Brawl again. Anyone remember that Rogue list from last time? I think it had Pogo Hoppers and something else nasty.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Kind of bullshit I can't generate corpses off stolen cards as a non-DK class AND cards like Corpse Explosion get stuck in my hand forever because of it.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Easy deck I threw together for this week's Tavern Brawl:

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Forbidden Words
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (0) Topsy Turvy
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Purify
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Clear Conscience
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (3) Pelagos
# 2x (3) Unidentified Elixir
# 1x (4) Hysteria
#
AAEBAafDAwL44wP62wQO+ALlBNEK1wqstAK/5QLQ/gKYmwPi3gOtigSJowSitgT77gSGgwUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Navaash posted:

Well, that and a literal cabal of griefing assholes coordinating over Discord waiting in the wings with god decks to snipe his runs. I can't blame him for moving to a mode where it's nearly impossible to do that.

Wow, seriously? That's like the most pathetic nerd thing I've ever seen on this forums I think.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

In Americas, not seeing it. Was it at the top of the store or hidden in layers somewhere?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Olpainless posted:

There needs to be a button to report this poo poo because oh god it makes me rage.

That's why I almost never play on mobile - I need a second screen to entertain me while my opponent drools on themselves.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

NorgLyle posted:

I remember when they first started releasing new hero portraits and people were actually excited by them but at this point I have dozens of them just hanging out in my collection from the rewards tracks and special events and whatever else and they feel completely irrelevant. I wonder who is buying the new hero skins and bundles that they release; are there like actual non-undead Sylvanas fans who were super hyped to see that portrait released?

They're going downhill too, the new animated DK portrait is hilariously bad and completely jars with the game's aesthetic, like a lovely photoshop cut and paste or something.

AnacondaHL posted:

This is (currently) not a thing outside of Top1000 legend, but it is a thing. In fact it's why I stopped playing ladder last season after getting ~1500 rank; to get x11 star bonus while also jamming Aggro Mage, since that deck was a cheap for me, and I play it well, but not match against the players who actually know how to exploit Miracle Rogue's bustedness (yet).

Been doing ok with aggro mage (was 70% WR to D10 but have been sliding closer to 50% since) but could be better, any hot tips?

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 10, 2023

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

Yep vS list is still good

~Hot Tips~

This is awesome, thank you. I was definitely screwing up the mulligan and I look forward to trying this out.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I'm bad at odds, am I calculating this wizard poker bullshit correctly?

6 cards in hand, 3 that I want to discard, 3 that I don't. Warlock Duels hero power shows you three random cards in your hand - you pick one to discard to draw another card.

So the odds of not getting a card I want to discard are 3/6 * 3/6 * 3/6 = 9/216 = 1 in 24?

Then it happened again a few minutes later! Just want to make sure my rage is proportionate to the bullshit.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Luff posted:

Should be a little bit higher, but not by much

3/6*2/5*1/4 = 1/20 = 5%

Pretty bullshit

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Luff is correct that it is 1 in 20. Another way to think about it is that there are 20 possible unique 3-card combinations of 6 cards, and exactly one of those is a failure.

Thanks dooders. Having it happen twice in close proximity made me log off for a while.

Also Aggro Mage easy-climbed to D5 with 12-2 streak using Anaconda's mulligan tips, thanks for that!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

My whining in this thread aside, I've generally been pretty happy and continuously engaged with Hearthstone over the last 9 years. Whenever one mode would get stale or crappy I'd find fun in another until a nerf or meta shift. I think this is the first time that Arena, Duels, Standard, and Wild all feel like a drag simultaneously and that makes me sad. Maybe I need a break.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Been on a serious tear with undead priest. The only card I’m not completely 100% sure on is Serena; an Incorporeal Corporal could fit, but there isn’t anything super obvious that I’d want to put there instead of Serena

### Undead Shadow
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Undying Allies
# 2x (1) Arms Dealer
# 2x (1) Banshee
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Mind Eater
# 1x (2) Serena Bloodfeather
# 2x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Haunting Nightmare
# 2x (3) Shadowed Spirit
# 2x (4) Grave Digging
# 1x (4) High Cultist Basaleph
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
# 2x (5) Shadow Word: Undeath
#
AAECAaCsAwSf6wO79wP5lgXipAUNoegDo/cDrfcD4aQEhoMF7pEFhpMFiZMFkpMF6pQFoJkFk50FlMQFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is fun. Got to live the double Voidtouched + Astalor dream just now (granted he was already at 9 health, but still)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

The janky Nozdormu priest I threw together for the daily quest a few years ago used to be able to stomp pretty good at low bronze Wild. Thanks to power creep it can't even scam one win anymore, just goes 0-3 every time.

Sad!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

What format are you playing? There are only three good formats. I will rank them for you so as to keep this easy:

1) Casual Wild (it's a dumb loving game play to have fun)
2) Battlegrounds (it's fun and why not? good if you don't want to think)
3) Legend Wild (annoying to get to, but basically Casual Wild on steroids)

If you are bored come hang with the Casual Wild people. The playerbase is tiny but friendly as gently caress. No one is worrying about wins or losses. Build dumb fun poo poo, play it, slam the "add friend" button, etc. The game is a lot better when you toss winning and losing out the window and just play to have fun with friends. Being able to trash talk, share deck lists, swap advice, etc.? It makes it so much better.

You forgot the best casual format, Duels.

It's the only reason I'm still around tbh, dropping Ancient Reflections on your opponent's Mecha-Shark is about as good as Hearthstone will ever get.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

I have got to say - I am a fan of the new Aggro Frost DK. Not because I am playing it, but my main deck being Quest Priest lines up so well against it.

Wow, you weren't kidding. In my very first game I bodied an aggro DK so hard I almost felt bad for him. Thanks!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Luff posted:

Sure:

### Brawl 08-03 19:11
# Class: Mage

Stalled a couple times so I made a few tweaks to make it sift faster:

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Elven Archer
# 1x (1) Emerald Skytalon
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Jar Dealer
# 1x (1) Skaterbot
# 1x (2) Archmage Arugal
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Galvanizer
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Mechwarper
# 2x (2) Ram Commander
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 2x (2) Trench Surveyor
# 1x (3) Golakka Glutton
# 2x (3) Mecha-Shark
# 2x (3) Seafloor Gateway
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
#
AAEBAcz6AwbkwgLM9AKf9QLu9gKmgQS4tAQMlA/7D+vCAtf+AsedA/2lA6GNBL2fBMm3BMq3BN25BN3tBAA=
#

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Death Knight has been one of my favorite additions to Hearthstone, I’ve enjoyed the class since day 1 of the expansion

Yeah, honestly I was super pessimistic about it after Demon Hunter was such a mess but it's been pretty sweet. My only gripe was that other classes couldn't accumulate corpses, which they fixed.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Desdinova posted:

odd, had a match noz vs noz for the first time too today, the internet sure is weird

Everyone gets it around the same time I think, I had it too. I like these fun quests like that that break up the routine. I slapped together a super cheap and poorly thought out mech/holy paladin with noz in it just to smash a few quests simultaneously and came very close to beating a big spell mage, lol.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Anyone have a good one-and-done list for this Temporus tavern brawl?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Chernabog posted:

I was going to preorder but after seeing the new latam prices I think I'm just going F2P, I'd rather buy a brand new AAA game for that kind of money.

Join us! We're the smug annoying vegans of Hearthstone :smug:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Drops are back on in the PlayHearthstone channel. Pretty awkward/funny to watch!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

victorious posted:

I just realized I opened over a hundred packs and didn't get a single signature card.

I'm at about 90 packs and haven't either. I did get 6 or 7 legendaries though, so that feels decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Last King posted:

nope you're not alone... reminds me of barrens priest.

as it stands right now, it seems that most of the game modes are busted: standard is being dominated by dk (see pic below), wild is being overrun by druid (due to twig, sphere and instrument tech), and arena is bookended by cards such as pack the house and also dk once again.

Nobody but me cares but Duels is completely hosed by the Groovy Cat/Drek'Thar interaction to the point I'm playing Standard again and seriously considering a break entirely until it's fixed.