Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Only just popped into Sumeru and activated my first statue. Are scarabs available to be farmed yet? Cuz I'd like to get a headstart on that before Cyno actually drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

gandlethorpe posted:

The desert (and thus scarabs) aren't available until 3.1

gdi

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Lobsterpillar posted:

There's a fair few all over the place (sounds like more beetles around than collei mushrooms) but yeah I remember it taking 4+ full respawns before maxing Itto.

There's actually something like 79 beetles in the overworld, which sounds like a lot, but the fact you need 168 to fully ascend Itto means even picking up every single one still puts you at 3 respawns (since 79*2 is only 158). This also isn't accounting for spawn locations that you might not have available (for example, there's one spot that has like 5 or 6 beetles in it, but it's covered by one of those forcefield things, and you need level 3 electrograna to get through it).

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I'm currently laser-locked on Cyno so hard it's honestly not even funny. Like, not only have I been farming the electro vine like crazy, but last Sunday I even took the time to build up a spear for him. Also got about 18k gems atocked up, and I'm like 20-30 rolls into pity already.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Garrand posted:

All I know is, go to the area it says, poke the crocodile with a stick and pull out your camera and keep it in focus until it says attacking

You actually can't do this. Animals won't attack you as long as you have your camera out. Source: I had trouble getting the attacking tigers pic because I kept trying to do exactly this.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Harrow posted:

The "poke the crocodile with a stick" part is important. The animals won't aggro you while you have the camera out, but they will keep attacking if they've already been aggroed.

If they've already started their attack animation yes. Like I said though, I would get them to attack me, not pull my camera out on time or pull it out too early or something, and then they would just stare at me while I pointed it at them.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

But every time I unseal one of those restrained ruin machines I always feel bad because I'm definitely making the area worse and more dangerous by doing so.

You're only making it more dangerous if you don't kill them afterwards. If you do, then I'd say the world is safer than if they were sealed behind an easily broken lock.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Hellioning posted:

Paimon is my friend and this is why I must dunk upon her.

If you aren't insulting them at every opportunity, are you even really friends?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Lost 50/50 to Keqing, but that's exactly why I stockpiled to hell and back. The Anubis boy is mine, and with about 9k gems left (not counting all the freebies I forgot to claim).

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they want people to invest in more characters to play events they should make doing so more fun, or at least a lot faster

I think I would prefer if they made raising characters faster. I don't really care how 'fun' you make a boss, if I have to fight them 10,000 times to strengthen my roster I'm gonna end up hating them all the same.

Seriously, it's insane how bad the drop rate for character materials are even at WL8, especially the gems. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten the purple-rarity chunks to drop, and I've never seen a full gemstone drop.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Oh, I just realized I should ask: I pulled an Amos Bow from the story banner a couple days ago, is it particularly good on anyone besides just being a 5-star stat stick? My archers are Amber, Collei, Diona, Fischl, and Gorou.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How in the gently caress do I beat Yae Miko's flame trial thing? It's insanely frustrating and I'm bad at the game in general.

Keep in mind that the game counts ANY tick of damage as a failure. If you accidentally light the grass on fire, for example, then the burn damage will cause you to fail.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

I know I'm putting in a rule right before asking for no rules suggestions but: Aside from just removing the gambling entirely and making Genshin into a normal not-MMO game that you don't pay a subscription to, what's the biggest thing you want changed?

LET ME RECOVER MIDAIR. It's so obnoxious how the moment you go more than 2 inches off the ground you become a complete sitting duck, and I can't count how many times there was an enemy I didn't see who knocked me into the air and sent me flying off a cliff, or I just start getting loving comboed into oblivion and there's loving nothing I can do because apparently having a Vision is to air control as having a Devil Fruit is to swimming.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

gandlethorpe posted:

Sounds like pretty lame design. They should at least provide an inconvenient way of applying Dendro for teams that can't. No other boss is actually impossible to beat without a specific counter like that.

Isn't the geo cube impossible to beat without a geo or claymore character? You can do tiny bits of damage to its pillars with other attacks, but unless the damage carries over between downs (and I don't think it does) there's no way you're breaking even one of those before it gets back up.

I guess, to argue against my own post, "geo or claymore" is a lot broader of a net than "Dendro specifically", especially when there's only like 4 Dendro characters period right now.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Maxwell Adams posted:

Yeah, no. Don't bring any electro in there. Purple dogs are supposed to be weak to electro, and yellow dogs with geo. I think there's even a tutorial message about it. What actually happens is that the dogs get super aggressive and get new moves when you hit them with their weakness. They'll start teledashing across the room with more attacks than you can possibly dodge.

If you want to maximize your misery, try bringing a superconduct team and winning with physical damage.

It's not really that they're NORMALLY weak to those elements, their resistances are a flat 25% across the board, but when they enter that aggro state their resistance to Electro/Geo drops to -40%.

Otherwise though I agree, it's not worth it unless you've got some super broken team that can just instantly delete everything.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

SiKboy posted:

Treasure hoarders I guess (from a point of view they are essentially just non-union adventurers, but thats okay because this is a union shop),

They are thieves who gladly attack people trying to find, like, family heirlooms and poo poo just so they can get a quick buck, you really don't need to do any lateral thinking to view them as unabashed bad guys.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

So what artifacts are good for Yae? Everything I can find offers conflicting info, like one place saying Emblem of Severed Fate is the best for her versus another place saying Emblem is absolutely terrible on her.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Zenostein posted:

No, they should rewrite the game to not inconvenience me. Same with artifacts and whatnot.

This but unironically.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

I'm just curious about what her normal combo looks like. Will it be confident, or clumsy like Layla's?

It'll be both, confident slashes all up until the last attack where she falls on her face.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Boat Stuck posted:

Being able to substitute world quests and exploration for daily commissions is a game changer.

I got my first taste of this by accident today. Went to go start the new event and just that alone filled up a bar and a half of the points thingy, and completing the actual event challenge filled up two whole bars.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back to be honest.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Here's something I struggled with back when I fell off Genshin sometime last year, and something I'm continuing to struggle with now that I'm coming back: how do you decide what to do in this game?

You have the archon quest, which is pretty obviously important. Then you have story and world quests, which are likewise pretty obvious points of progress. You have the statues of the seven, the Sacred Sakura and friends who eat sigils, hundreds if not thousands of chests to find in each region (which I guess kinda goes hand in hand with the sigils thing). On top of all that, you have the reoccurring things as well, like the daily commissions and the battle pass stuff (though the new update removes some of the pressure to actually DO daily commissions since exploration can replace them).

There's just... so much, and every patch adds another massive chunk of stuff. I know people say "it's a marathon, not a race", but generally marathons won't add twenty extra miles once you reach the halfway point. I'm just not sure what to do outside of devoting hours upon hours to the game each day to try and make a little more progress.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Obnoxipus posted:

I'm going to pull for Furina because I think she's cute. That's my entire reasoning.

This. I don't have a drat thing for her to wield I don't think, but I need the cringe fail archon.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Anora posted:

does Lisa sound off in this event to anyone else?

I was wondering if maybe they had changed her VA or something but thought I must have just been crazy.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

Mika pulling out a cross bow and Collei throwing boomerangs in her normal attack combos is neat to me.

I don't really see what's stopping them from making someone with a 7 hit-combo that uses nunchuks while they're officially listed as a sword user though. Just on a coding standpoint alone.

Don't forget Kuki throwing kunai in her combo!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

delfin posted:

I do hope that I won't need to max out everything to get all of the poetry event rewards. The paintings and darts are straightforward enough, but the third award on the speed-kill game is out of reach for me.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. I don't even need to get ALL the rewards, like I don't feel the need for the crown, but I don't wanna miss out on maxing the weapon.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Tampa Bae posted:

Looks like this event is paying off some really neat lore that's been around since 1.0 of the game! I still want to throw Mica into a locker and the feeling only gets stronger every new line of dialogue

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Thunder Sheep posted:

So what now, huh? We are just never going to need scarabs again Mihoyo? Talk about ugh status

Which is more frustrating though: materials only used by a single character/weapon/whatever, or materials that don't have any use whatsoever? Like, loach pearls have been in the game since 1.1 apparently and still don't have ANYTHING going for them.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm biased because Tighnari is my main but he loving slaps as a Spread Carry. Super comfy to play, works great with noted busted electro Fischl, incredible single target damage for bosses. He does struggle in AoE scenarios though as his one biggest weakness. I've been using him as my main team since I got him on his release though and he still never disappoints.

I feel like there's some irony in a reaction called 'Spread' struggling in an AoE scenario. Such are game mechanics I suppose.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Okay, I'm at my wits' end here-

Does anyone know, with 100% certainty, how to unlock the Pankration card in the Rag and Bone shop? I've looked up like 3 different 'guides' that all said to do something completely different, I've done all of them, I've waited for multiple resets, and the cards STILL say they've been reserved by someone else.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

Did you complete the Unfinished Comedy sidequest? Like, every level of it?

I've finished Unfinished Comedy, the Brains And Brawn quest (where you train the nerds to be fighters), the Art of Negotiation, AND I've fought the two guys you can actually don pankration against, as well as waiting for multiple daily resets.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

The only thing I haven't done yet is Scenes from Life in Meropide: Visible Hands so I don't know. Have you done all of the The Narzissenkreuz Ordo and Merusea Village quests about Seymour the robot dog too?

I... have not even touched either of those questlines. I think I will be very peeved of that turns out to be the answer.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

So, because Catepillar's story ends with him going there, I think that's the problem. Have you completed Aqueous Tidemarks yet? (That's a quest at the top level of Fontaine near the Statue of the Seven) You need to do that to go through the Institute of Natural Philosophy and get you into the The Narzissenkreuz Ordo hideout. I can't go back and undo the quests to check myself but if I happen to be right then doing that should give you the last piece and finish things off there. You might not actually have to do Ann of the Narzissenkreuz or Ancient Colors in Merusea Village.

...Oh my god I never went and found Caterpillar again, and that probably means the game didn't consider Unfinished Comedy completed...

:cripes:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

MoonCrab posted:

Getting bored of not having furina. Fast forward to tuesday >>

Same. The only thing I hate worse than the anxiety of rolling is the buildup to the anxiety of rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Kale posted:

I apparently missed a day of the event too so missed out on the rewards. I would swear there was nothing in there yesterday though. Or is this the first day of it?

I'm like 95% certain this is the first day. I logged in right at daily reset even and the event wasn't active yet, it was only partway through today that it went up. I can only assume the people already talking about day 2 are in a different timezone.