Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Had something happen and either the game bugged, or I'm dumb (I'm probably dumb.

I had a Kami of Transience, a Jukai Naturalist and a token from Wedding Announcement on the board when opponent cast Invoke Despair. Game wouldn't let me sac the token when it asked to sacrifice a creature. What am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

kalel posted:

Assuming there was nothing else relevant to the board state in that scenario, you should have been able to sacrifice a creature token. Were you playing on a mobile phone? Maybe the interface was preventing you from selecting the token

Something was because I kept clicking on it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Which streamer is playing that mono-blue Haughty Djinn deck? I don't know how many times I've run into it and it just doesn't seem very good.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

People tend to scoop to turn one ulamog, so :shrug:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I'd stay to expect some merfolk and vampires too, BUT it seems the premise of the new Eldraine set is to focus on the cool fairy tale stuff and ignore all the Arthurian knights poo poo nobody cared about, so maybe Ixalan 2 will also focus on the cool poo poo and trim the rest.

Whatever, just give me my embercleave back.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

kalel posted:

true mtg enlightenment is counting until you've cast your 25th creature spell, then conceding even with lethal on board

I do this all the time. Also conceeding as soon as I know I can't cast any more of whatever I need for the daily.

I also alt-f4 probably more than I should when I get bored.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

It sure would be nice if you could use a different deck when it turns out your first one sucks, in this event.

Yeah, half the fun of jumpstart is putting together different combos and seeing what works and what doesn't. Drafting with training wheels so to speak. A way to do that, even if you don't get to keep the cards would be neat.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Kashuno posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/mtg-arena/changes-to-country-specific-card-sleeves

If you've got any of the country flag card sleeves you'll be getting 300 gems per sleeve in your collection. You can still use them but if you use them going forward only you will see them, your opponent will see default cards

Haha, getting Brazil in one random midweek finally pays off

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

precision posted:

Lmao I think mono white soldiers could get me to mythic. It even wins long games against midrange.

It's taken me a while to learn when to mulligan on it (I am terrible at knowing when to mulligan). It's just an endless swarm.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

What's the point of all these soldier tokens if I never get to attack with them? You'd think attack with 40 creatures would be easy with mono-W soldiers.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Those are alright, but I'll forever use the bob ross lands. Speaking of, when are we going to be able to set default lands?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Lmao did anyone else just get an email entirely in phyrexian.

And an image so you can't even copypaste it to see if it's just a special font.

I appreciate the effort that went into this

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

If you're going to spend money on packs, the 50 pack pre-order is as cheap as you're going to get. (it's the same price per pack as buying the $100 gem pack).

Then, if you want to play standard and don't have a big stockpile of wildcards, there are worse ways to get caught up to the current meta.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I had a lot of fun with a poison deck back in kaldheim, so looking forward to that

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I picked upbthe pack bundle pre-order. Does it actually matter if I open the gold packs first or wait till after the regular ones?

Only 2 of the rares from the gold packs are guaranteed to be from ONE, so probably not. The pre-order pack bundle isn't enough to give you a playset of rares.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

wolfman101 posted:

There is no better feeling in MTG than seeing your opponent’s commander is Baral and mulliganing until Allosaurus Shepherd is in your opening hand. Literally rolled on the floor laughing when they scooped turn 4.

These are the moments you Magic for.

I burned a bunch of wildcards to gently caress around with toxic in the play queue. It's fun, but terrible on the draw.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Just Golgari Toxic things.
Deck
4 Venerated Rotpriest (ONE) 192
9 Swamp (ONE) 264
3 Anoint with Affliction (ONE) 81
4 Bilious Skulldweller (ONE) 83
3 Bloated Contaminator (ONE) 159
9 Forest (ONE) 266
3 Pestilent Syphoner (ONE) 103
3 Necrogen Communion (ONE) 99
4 Infectious Inquiry (ONE) 97
3 Tear Asunder (DMU) 183
3 Infectious Bite (ONE) 172
2 Feed the Infection (ONE) 93
2 Vraska's Fall (ONE) 116
1 The Hunter Maze (ONE) 253
1 The Dross Pits (ONE) 251
1 Mirrex (ONE) 254
3 Thirsting Roots (ONE) 185
2 Path of Peril (VOW) 124

Most-winning combo: On the play, T1 Rotpriest, T2 Necrogen Communion into opponent concedes after getting slapped for 4 poison tokens. =P

Now I can finally tear the drat deck apart and improve it beyond the crazy idea I had after that first draft.

I've been running WG with tons of mite tokens, but I'll have to give this a try. Been doing ok, like 70% wins off the play (and 20% on the draw...)

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

That logo and concept just screams "Hey remember that scene in Avengers Endgame when everybody came out of the portals? That was cool right?"

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

You know I'd love a queue that was "no meta decks". No idea how they'd define that, but it would be nice to have the chance to not play the same 5 decks every game.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

flatluigi posted:

y'all do realize why "i don't want to fight good decks, i want to fight decks that i'll win against" isn't really sustainable for a queue

It's more that I want to play lovely decks and not get constantly curbstomped.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

MasterBuilder posted:

And meta in play may not rise to the level of toxic but I definitely judge you for it.

Yeah, I wish there was a gently caress around with jank queue, but I know why there isn't. Play's as close as we get.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Khanstant posted:

i'd totally use this normally for many decks

Same, the VHS effect is also a nice touch.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

And open the coke can and squish the fruit snacks and flip the tape. Good stuff.

One thing that hearthstone has always had better than arena was more greebles to click on the boards. I appreciate them adding more.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I always say I'm going to use more of all these lands, but I just put the bob ross ones in every deck

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Jabor posted:

Banding is actually one of those things where yeah the rules are complicated, but it's actually really easy to understand in practice.

I never understood the confusion around banding, but it also basically never came up.

Anyway, game good, aftermath seems underwhelming? From a constructed standpoint at least.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Kamigawa full arts in store today

I basically never switch off the bob ross lands, but I think I'll make an exception

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Rinkles posted:

I feel like the competition is weaker when I get up early (5-7AM Eastern).

Yeah, my record is better in not-prime time hours. Also in the middle of the month, when people aren't rushing rank

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Actually won a game with my dumb "sheoldred and all the black instants that destroy creatures" deck. So my day's starting off pretty good.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

You jest but this is actually a great way to summarize a modern game design best practice.

For single player games.

That aren't F2P.

Did you also have a Raven Man?

If so I was on red and unwittingly activated it with my channel land.

No, the deck is literally sheoldred and a bunch of instants. I only use it when the "destroy 15 of your opponent's creatures" daily pops up.

It was against some red midrange thing I wasn't familiar with.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Apparently I have 5 jump in tokens, so that's tonight sorted.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Is there a site that will tell me which choices have which rares? I spammed that poo poo on Kamigawa and got all the Bankbusters and Emperors super cheap doing that.

I just pick the packs that sound cool. It does show you which packs you've previously picked and what the featured rare for the pack is.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Eight-Six posted:

e: quote not edit

have a summer sale

More importantly, the april fools card back is available.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Judgy Fucker posted:

It's slightly discounted. For the same price you would get 9,200 gems, which would get you 46 packs.

yeah, it's the same price per pack as buying $100 worth of gems. Which according to the game is the best deal.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Momir is alright, but how do people play it so slowly? especially when you only have one or two mana on the board.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

No Wave posted:

I want to play the same deck, but I want everyone else to play different decks all the time.

I mean, yes. I get tired of 5 of this month's RDW in a row every day.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

studio mujahideen posted:

god never intended the curve to go above four

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

If a game goes past turn 5 what are you even doing?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Unironically this. At turn 5 I usually have a good idea of I'm gonna win or lose, and in the cases where it's up in the air I still bail because it's likely I can finish a whole game on the time it takes to play out the iffy games.

I don't even worry about it. I'm impatient enough that if the game isn't decided by the time I'm out of cards in hand I'm out. Doesn't help that people are so slow.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

How do you people draft when everyone plays this slow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

If you're going to complain about waits, complain about how the turn timer is way too generous.