Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mousehole checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sorry not sorry for posting my own tweet

https://twitter.com/sebzilla89/status/1565435865308037121?t=nsGiscq-iUbJsyVN04N4hw&s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

IDK if I can sum up what happens to you in your 30s and obviously it's not the same for everybody but one thing that's happened for me is that I've gone from hating folk music at the start of my 30s to thinking it loving slaps now in my late 30s.

Just listening to some Steeleye Span for the first time and it rules.

Saw Steeleye Span in Oxford when I was early 20s and was the youngest person in the venue by about 30 years other than my partner.

They played a bunch of concept stuff about Pratchett books, it owned.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And then it seems like a bunch of kids started using it as an insult for anyone being uncoordinated as a cruel jibe, and then the word becomes tarnished by that.

As someone who grew up in the 90s with a name that sounds not entirely dissimilar to the word, I can confirm this.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Too late, 90s-early 00s.
Wasn't it Byker Grove or Grange Hill that had a storyline back in the day to stop using the word as an insult.

BYKER! BYKER! BYKER! GROVE!

1998 saw the release of Jazz Jackrabbit 2, featuring the titular lagomorph's brother Spaz as a playable character.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Some belters in this word cloud

https://twitter.com/PeoplePolling/status/1565639045568516098?s=20&t=PgjG82V67RAiN-PSRGAbww

Nearly at the promised 20 points though

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I've got a penguin book of English Folk Songs and they are all on three main themes, sometimes combined:

1) Let's gently caress
2) Everyone I know is dead
3) Eat the rich

solid stuff

And Irish folk songs are:

a) I got too drunk but I'm fine, honest
b) I will never ever stop fighting the English
c) I met a beautiful woman
d) I left Ireland and will now be sad forever
e) I got tricked by a fairy

Or a combination of the above

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Please, Seamus was a complex nuanced character with two character traits actually. Blowing things up *and* trying to procure alcohol.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The best thing about the HP films is Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood) who is now a pro-tier shitposter on left Twitter.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

In some sense the left needs more bastards - just the right kind of bastards, I guess. If he's good at his job and him being in his position is not causing impediments or injustice against those below him then it's probably a good thing he's in the position despite lovely views he holds...

But if people (particularly vulnerable minorities) within his organisation are saying that him being in his position *is* furthering injustice/inequality etc., acting from a position of good faith, they should be listened to.

Working out who's acting in good faith isn't always straightforward, and the person in a high-up position may genuinely be fantastic at the most important aspects of their job (in this case advocating for the interests of the workers) and it's all just tricky as gently caress. Also it's more of an issue the more somebody in such a position holds actual, abusable power over the people "below" them. You'd *like* to think that a union is going to be one of the most robustly democratic institutions we have left and so there should be strong safeguards against abusing what power but I know that's certainly not true of all unions.

I'd say the best path lays *somewhere* in between "give him a pass for being a nazi because he's good on the telly" and "anybody who has ever had an impure thought in their head should be excluded from daily life and sent to the gulag" but figuring out exactly where the line is, is not easy.

One thing's for sure though, we don't need to listen to Liberal dickheads like Femi and Supertanskiii about this, or anything else. They can get in the loving sea, now and forever.

If Blair gets a pass from the media in general for siding with Putin against Muslims (both by saying we should ignore Crimea in 2014 because we need Putin as an ally against ~Radical Islam~ and by arming Russia against the Chechens in 2000) then Dempsey should get a pass for dodgy connections fighting fascists.

Incredibly, though, it seems that being tarred by association only happens on the left? I'm shocked.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

kecske posted:

a couple years ago it was #3 in the UK for 'students most likely to contract an STI'

The Times league tables are really coming up with some interesting categories these days.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

It was more about stuff like internal racism in the RMT, which he's historically been lousy at dealing with (and has sometimes worked to perpetuate) according to the union's own equalities reps, and working to publicly discredit a victim of domestic abuse because the perpetrator was one of his buddies. Not just guilt by association, but personally using his platform to be a bit of a poo poo.

Oof, yeah ok that's not great if true.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1566752604222267397?s=20&t=RoVCSDsomjDKAhb28JlQHw

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

Started hoarding food for the dry season and in preparationfor the guaranteed food and power riots, been building up a small fenced off area around my house, I'm seeing raiders everywhere in the corner of eyes nowadays, they've got me nervous, they got me hosed up

I have this too, it's called a "garden"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I appreciated the memory of that button that was just an obnoxious guy shouting "DJ!" like a Street Fighter announcer

The ones in my school also had a button to make the man shout "dictionary" for some reason which obviously led to a lot of "dic-dic-dic-dic-dic-dic..." content.

e: dog tax - a tired boy after running 5k (and his dog)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

What's on the table bottom-left? Panic button for Brenda?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/sebzilla89/status/1567178322404065282?s=20&t=75tUMW4dkjqgtCIzsUenBQ

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

WTF?

The toilet appears to be under the kitchen sink! (see photo 4).

How the heck are you supposed to use that? Or do they only let to people with gentlemen's equipment and expect them to do No2 in a public convenience?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/62333972/

"Very carefully."

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Convex posted:

Does anyone want a complimentary Crusader Kings 3 steam key, I am deliberately not going to take it as I will end up buying every piece of DLC ever made

Yeah kinda, I've played 2 to death (as much as time allows)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

A dictator would be cool if they did good stuff and not if they did bad stuff imo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Half of the ones quizzed seem to be all in on the death penalty and "kids these days don't respect traditional British values" so it sounds more like the former, unless the youth are a lot more reactionary than expected.

Traditional British values are garbage so I'd expect the lack of respect to be willingly admitted.

Death penalty for the rich.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

lol

https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1567488970518315009?s=20&t=uwRO22xaLYVVhr2nZ-r_cg

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

That's not a tweet I can find on his timeline, and given his incredibly haughty response to me below I think probably not accurate

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1557424657304780801?s=20&t=uwRO22xaLYVVhr2nZ-r_cg

He did definitely vote for Johnson as London Mayor at least once though

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Suddenly very interested in taking up chess strategy

https://twitter.com/Babble____/status/1567437910361751552

Major Charles Ingram kicking himself for missing this one weird trick.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Happening: it's?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

"Under medical supervision" and "comfortable"

BBC going on about her having a "busy day" on Tuesday.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Gort posted:

Watch the woke media demand we change the pronouns in the national anthem

Make it gender neutral so we don't have to gently caress about changing them every time

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Which maniac will recreate The Tweet on this occasion?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/planetjedward/status/1567858624659062785?s=20&t=6saZRQ8hi8PCriShh_JTfw

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Charles becomes king the moment the Queen is declared dead, despite not being crowned

Monarchy moves at superluminal speeds, as per PTerry

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Huw Edwards has left and the new guy isn't wearing a black tie, she's gonna drag this poo poo out

Very very very dark blue?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, he's probably going to go with George VII, although he could go with one of his other names and be King Arthur if he wanted, though I'm not sure if that'd make him Arthur II in Wales and Cornwall.

Numerics only started with William, otherwise we'd be on Edward the 11th or so

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/bbcnewspidgin/status/1567931998274048008?t=1puBbrUVcNsaYM1XBhB7NA&s=19

rip to a real one

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Truss announcing Chuck 3? Presumptuous unless she's got the inside line.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Not only because we already had one

1000 year time-slip

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Lol at Boris Johnson getting the BBC to read out the speech he woul have made. It was better than Truss' effort, to be fair.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Are we Carolingians now then?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1567946329586040833?t=7oALsYyACJrfgLcChigXHQ&s=19

RIP to a fellow jam enthusiast

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

heh heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If Harry took the throne would he be the first or second of his name? Does Harold Godwinson count?

Numbers are a Norman invention, before that everyone had interesting names like Æthelred the Unready or Edmund Ironside.

e: But Harry is short for Henry, not Harold anyway. Henry Charles Albert David. So he'd be Henry IX or possibly Charles IV, or Albert or David. Or some other poo poo, I think you can do what you want when you're the monarch really.

e2: The real fun would be his kids. King Archie? Queen Lilibet (or Diana?)

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 9, 2022