Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am now the joker

Wait until you have an entire season of that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's funny seeing several recaps today being like "How about the Sun Belt?!" and including App State in that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

App State is in the Sun Belt

loving Google lied to me when I looked it up. Had them listed in the AAC standings for some reason. I thought they were in the Sun Belt.

Thanks

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The stoppable force vs. the movable object

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Wow, I didn't think they would do it. Some donor coughed up $7.5 million to get a 3 week head start on coaching search season.

Literal "gently caress you" money :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

killer crane posted:

I love this era of Nebraska football, because it's the real point the wheels came off. Callahan was hired to modernize the program, instead of relying on Osborne's increasingly irrelevant old playbook. Callahan wanted Nebraska to run an aerial, hurry up offense, and would talk about how college football wasn't stuck in the 90s, and Nebraska shouldn't be either. Some old crusty rear end boosters complained so hard they got Osborne involved to fire him. And within a couple years that same offense structure was winning the national championship.

Callahan might have sucked, but he knew where college football was going, and Nebraska never ever wants to change.

The boosters hated Callahan because he cut off their access and stopped those coach brunches/luncheons/dinners or whatever they were. And since the high school programs were still running the option, local kids didn't fit in Callahan's scheme. So we :qq: lost the Nebraska walk ons :qq: and all of this was used to drive him out.

That said, the thing that really drove Callahan out was refusing to fire his DC Kevin Cosgrove.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Bo Pelini had four 9-4 seasons and three 10-4 seasons. I'm not even sure why y'all fired him to begin with. Was he banging boosters wives or something?

That was Carl :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jesus I couldn't make it more than 30 seconds. So try-hard

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Is money spent on a program a measurable facet?

You have not answered the question of why those other B-tier schools' results are impossible to replicate at Nebraska. What inherent, in-built advantage does Iowa or Wisconsin or Northwestern have that are simply unable to be reproduced at Nebraska? (You haven't answered the question because there isn't an answer, btw. Hth.)

Boosters not meddling in the program (as much).

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

whos that broooown posted:

That's the whole point. They did have Iowa and Wisconsin level success but decided that wasn't good enough for them. And that mindset blew up on their faces several times

Reminder that there was literally a quote about how we didn't want to be at Iowa's level.

They've beaten us every year since 2014.

e: Now with a link to an article about it

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 12, 2022

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Skip to 9 minutes if you just want the blood week declaration. (Hint: you want to hear it)

Because the first 9 minutes is just Jason (I think) reading a Revelations parody, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

One of my buddies keeps sharing "Urban Meyer to Nebraska" rumors in our group text

I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

In addition to the risk of him beating OU, you also would rather have Big Noon on campus talking about optimism and the future instead of his ticking clock. Not worth the whole buyout to me, but then I'm not a crazed booster.

Better narrative for Big Noon Saturday :v:

https://twitter.com/402Nation/status/1569326152145149954?s=20&t=U2IOrcGHZLKSxXCoo20WAQ