Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

WHERE IS MY ALUNDRA REMASTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this deal would have major good implications for Xbox gamers and the future of the gamepass imho

give me sekiro gamepass cowards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Feel like I'm already seeing this with some of the developers they've acquired. Like with how InExile and Obsidian don't have any isometric rpgs currently in development.

Oh man, I hope someone tells me how wrong I am and :actually: InExile is working on Wasteland 4 and Obsidian on Tyranny 2 as we speak :pray:

I think this is because nobody bought those games op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Finally

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sports games peaked on dreamcast

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Soul Glo posted:

Can’t believe FromSoftware would make another game, hosed up

this is almost as unexpected as when Bethesda announced that they were planning to make TES6

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
since it worked for cyberpun i think it's fair to say that TLOU2 should be an anime

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the night in the woods theme was my favorite one for the ps4...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Play all the MGS games imo. The only one who can decide which ones are good or bad....... is your self

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

fridge corn posted:

Might do a top soundtracks post when I get home. Itll probably just be all jrpgs tho

It's unfair to say that the best soundtracks are all JRPGs. There's also racing games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkK83jJFuE

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll take SE's throwing poo poo at walls to see what sticks approach rather than AAA western gaming releasing two games a year which are all the same any day.

se has brought back the AA game and I love it

Also both tristrat and Live-a-Live will be in my year end list

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sorry i will take any chance I get to post ridge racer/Namco music

this was on the launch Ridge Racer PSP game and imagine going from Game Boy Color audio to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNYosr9dQYc

(this later got reworked into the title song for Me and my Katamari on the PSP)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"boomer shooter" is by far the funniest gen-x erasure of all time so i support it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

man nurse posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1576662221995749376?s=20&t=6K101fTZ9ErZqawytQYXsw

the seinfeld putting his hands up and walking out of his seat gif

The PlayStation 5 has no games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bop bop perano posted:

I mean I don’t really care, but it’s just a funny decision when people are literally crying irl and tweeting about it because they want Bloodborne on pc or a 60 fps update or a remaster/remake or something and that’s one of the few ps4 games that I think deserves maybe not a full on remake, but a really well done remaster that improves the performance and graphics so much that it confuses people enough that they call it a remake. And it’s just funny because I don’t think even a single person has ever said that Horizon needs a Ps5 remaster, and also it already has a pc version which I’m sure can run at 120 FPS/8K if you have the hardware.. but yeah if they’re actually doing that, while people are getting Bloodborne trending on Twitter pretty regularly, 7 years after it’s release, it’s a little funny.

I wouldn’t mind a remake of the last guardian either, simply because it’s such a beautiful game and I love the look of the world and the architecture and whatnot and if it was even remastered with an emphasis on the fidelity and obviously a 60 FPS frame rate I think that it’s worth it, just because it’s sort of a shame that even after remaking the game for ps4 before it was even released, it still struggles here and there to hit 30 fps, it just deserves to run at 60 FPS, especially because it can do it easily already playing the unpatched version on a ps5, or at least it can for a majority of the game and then it soft locks or something.

Unrelated, but I just stumbled upon some Control rear end document on the CIA website, I simply forgot the exact phrasing of ‘the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’ and googled ‘the brown cow jumps over’ and found this: https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/A6/A6982A098C397DEE7108D2C268F6C25E_Sample.pdf

maybe someone could make a new game instead

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They may have to put the resources into already existing stuff if the talent rentention rate is as bad as it seems from the outside. Talkin out my rear end here, but covid seriously hosed every element of the overstretched and preposterous AAA studio crunch culture at a point in which the standards and studio demands had become so high,... that now many of the prestige studios are probably doing crash course remaster/remakes in order to recreate some semblence of cohesion of their former studio cultures in a post-covid or 'living with covid' environment, with all the unpredictability that implies.

When the products that were already deep in development as covid began finally ship the studios will need to provide rest to people who've been pushing that poo poo out the door, use smaller projects to retain that talent pool and prevent burnout, while also rebuilding new project momentum and rotating employees between positions when necessary. The death of elements of the old AAA contract system is going to be rocky and full of redundancy by necessity, either that or what some of these huge new publishing empires are referring to as 'AAAA'...which is just a way fo saying the AAA quality as of 2019 but way more expensive and even more heavily outsourced to countries where labor pracitces are even worse.

This is why the only smart publisher is square enix for pushing out 500 low/mid budget JRPGs this year and abandoning the fail rear end western AAA studios

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
you can play rdr2 on the play station 5, right now. why do you want a remake lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian posted:

Horizon was never gonna be a full remake. That would be too egregious even for these guys. But a remaster, sure, why not

i can think of several reasons why not

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
all the best bits in Witcher 3 are pretty much the dialogue/narrative bits and really reading-heavy games i always prefer portably

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vikar Jerome posted:

No, thry fixed the game, not cos of anime

also because of anime

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dead space 1/2/3 would be fine with 60fps patches and high res, they still look great on PCs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

fridge corn posted:

The ps3 has no games

it has all the MGs games and also about 9000 ps1 games. how's the ps5 classics selection going btw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead Space 1 looks great on PC and it's enough of a classic that I'd really just rather have a patch to make the original game look as good on modern hardware

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DS1 feels a lot "heavier" and the enemy encounters more focused on a small number of threats than ds2 which was more action-y so I hope they don't just make all the games feel the same

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i actually felt like DS1 was much scroungier than DS2, i thought i ended encounters with like 8 shots and 2 small health kits more often than i did in the second game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah the "exploit" in dead space was only to carry a cutter so you only ever dropped that ammo which i always thought was a dumb gameplay decision

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
similar is Binding of Isaac where you only do the challenge to unlock the duplication rune (the one most likely to break the game) so any time a rune drops it has to be the duplication rune

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RareAcumen posted:

The game only dropping ammo for one type of weapon or deciding that you're only going to use one type of weapon for the entire game?

The game only drops ammo for the guns in your inventory so you can make the economy much easier by only carrying one gun. it was dumb design

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the contact beam pwns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Callisto is dumb I like the dead space team but I want to see what they come up with next, not just "more dead space"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Everything they’ve shown about Callisto so far has been like they’re trying to answer the question of what kind of game would you get if it was designed by a 14 year old boy in the late 90s after watching nothing but Aliens and playing Quake for a month.

“Yeah dude there should be blood and guts everywhere all the time!!

i mean that's cool, i dont mind that at all, i just wish it wasn't so totally a dead space game except rebranded. i liked their games, do something new!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Neither console has games. Except the switch, the goat platform for true gamers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Those stupid yellow glasses

aren't those blue light filters? i'm not sure there's any actual evidence of them working but phones can do them from the device nowadays and it does seem to make them nicer to use in a dark room

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barudak posted:

Im glad Sony is remastering every game I do not give a poo poo about. Maybe they can do playstation allstars next.

Where are my goddamn PS1 and PS2 classics???

they're on the PlayStation 3, OP. sadly the PlayStation 5 is not powerful enough to run VibRibbon or Metal Gear Solid

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have two weeks off work and I figure it's now or never as far as xenoblade 3 goes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

"Graphics are basically real life now" - Me, reading previews of Quake 3 Arena in 1999

Me seeing this magazine cover

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Noob Saibot posted:

That looked like poo poo the moment I saw it

Looks good to me op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
3/2/1/4/5. Top 3 is a technicality because of backwards compatibility.