Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah, same hacker who did Uber a few days ago lmao.
the feds are gonna put this guy through a woodchipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m just blown away by all the code stuff going by a mile a minute. I’m completely naive to how game programming works so seeing all these lines and strings of text and math fly by is just borderline NASA levels baffling.
every video game is doing that all the time, forever, even when youre just standing still

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Augus posted:

wow so many bombshells being dropped today
GTA6 is a GTA game
Diablo 4 is a Diablo game
wonder what other wild revelations are in store for us
would you prefer if gta6 was a diablo game and diablo 4 was a gta game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

…since when have they been called “Red Pyramid Thing?” Is this like when they pretended that Aeris has been called Aerith the whole time?
funfact: in the original psx ff7, she's named aerith before you get a chance to name her. when the game calls her name, it defaults to aerith. there's no battles before you get a chance to name her, but if you make one happen with her in the party via hacking, she'll be Aerith.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

The writer of shf is some big hot shot novelist
visual novelist specifically, ryukishi07. he wrote higurashi and umineko which you may or may not have heard of.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bugblatter posted:

I'm really liking the art design of Silent Hill F. It doesn't look much like any of the previous games, but that's probably a good thing. Does anyone know anything about Ryukishi07? Seems like he has a lot of fans.
hes a very indie guy. he was like 35 and he couldnt draw but he wrote a mystery horror visual novel, higurashi, about a small japanese town slowly going mad. he released it in parts at an indie art convention in japan, comiket, for 100 yen a part, and he'd give free copies of the sequels to people who emailed him their reviews of the first game. it got very very popular and got an anime. the sequel, umineko, is more a send-up of murder mysteries and locked room stuff than horror.

he's not the world's best writer in a prose sense and he fumbles endings a lot or goes in extremely weird directions with the ideas but hes good at writing characters with complex webs of relationships and how those relationships inform their decisions and thoughts, and higurashi does a good job setting up the tiny town where everyone knows everyone vibe and having that get twisted and corrupted by some kind of mysterious supernatural force preying on everyone's insecurities.

it would be interesting if F is set in a silent hill equivalent before it became full silent hill. like the stuff that's in the backstory of silent hill 1. and the slow twisting of it over time. i think that'd suit his style and would be an interesting direction for a silent hill game to take.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The last turned based mainline FF game out about 10 years ago, so no
10? try 20

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

roomtone posted:

the audience has sacrificed the people in their early 30's who loved ffvii as a kid and wanted a more developed adult version of that for the bozos. probably will make em plenty of money. i won't be there for the rest.
how dare they disrespect me, a 30 year old goon, by making a game people like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

classic 16/32-bit jrpgs were also very anime tbh, its just a lot of the most obviously anime ones didnt get tl'd. 90% of tales of phantasia's marketing was about how they managed to get a single generic jpop song onto the cartridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3SA9LuqQgA

listen to that soundchip work baby

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

roomtone posted:

yeah you're right the re2 remake was just a huge waste of time and the reason people don't debate it forever is because well, it's just boring, not because it was a satisfying 8-10 hours that had it's time and place and brought the atmosphere of re2 into the future in a fun way. they should have inserted an additional interdimensional umbrella conspiracy from the movies and revealed this was the second 1998, not the first, to give it that extra pop and potential for more sequels.
if you think those are the things ff7r did then you dont understand ff7r

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the harry potter thing isnt really a practical thing (ie: rowling will still have money to do her bullshit even if the game flops) but rather an aesthetcis argument. the game has become publicly associated with insane transphobia and rowling is extremely, extremely loud about her opinions. obviously shes not the only figurehead of a major ip to have awful opinions, or be associated with weird poo poo. like the pokemon devs visited a shrine that mostly commemorates dudes who did war crimes on the chinese in ww2. so it isn't really about harry potter being the one questionable game ever.

its about, like i said, aesthetics. and i dont mean that to be dismissive. rowling is so publicly hateful that everything associated with her becomes part of that image. what people are really expressing is the hurt that comes with realizing how many people who both know about rowling's bullshit and pretend to be woke straight up dont care about them enough to just not buy a video game.

obviously there's trans people who don't give a poo poo either, but its easy to understand why a lot do, and those people have friends and associates who are fully aware of what's going down and straight up dont care and just sorta get defensive and dismissive when called on it. which is hurtful.

arguments about whether other devs are worse or material effect kinda miss the point. its a conversation about the personal hurt that comes with a major public figure spewing hate constantly and her brand basically continuing unabated, not about the personal morality of buying wizard game. people are seeking comfort and reassurance for that hurt and being told 'no ethical consumption under capitalism' and 'well call of duty is bad too' when that isnt really whats going on here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait is that even a trans character? she just says that people mistook her for a guy. that could be just her being a tomboy/androgynous.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

finally. theres a bad aaa game with a trans character in it. take that jk rowl
tbh its probably better than the one in the last of us 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The only aesthetic thing about buying Harry Potter is that you’re an infantilized adult who only read 1 book (maybe not even read and just watched the movies) and made it your whole personality imo. The rest is just very online stuff.

gently caress JK Rowling but a normal everyday person who grew up with it doesn’t know any of that stuff they want to be a in a wizard high school triple A rpg / action game
please reread my post again. i mentioned specifically 'people who know about rowling's bullshit and pretend to care but still buy the game.' people who dont keep up with that stuff are entirely separate.

that said rowling's views are very public knowledge in the uk, its not 'very online' stuff it comes up on the news and poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

why aren't we discussing the REAL issues, like fujoshis harassing Genshin Impact voice actors
tbh it was really funny when genshin fans decided one of the characters was a racist stereotype of middle easterners so they harassed her va. who is middle eastern. enormous brains.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Sorry I’m phone posting so I didn’t mean to come off as adversarial to your post. Public knowledge in the UK I don’t think translates to public knowledge in America. Like idk how it is over there but the people over here (at the border of US/Mexico) don’t ever talk about that or choose to ignore it. But that’s just anecdotal.
its not nearly as much of common knowledge in the us yea but like, idk why the us should take priority over other countries or anything. the idea that 'normal people dont know about rowlings views' is only partially true in parts of the world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i can understand people not wanting to hear about the game because it is associated with bad poo poo i am just extremely jaded about the association of the purchase of consumer products with personal morality
i dont really associate the purchase of it with personal morality its more just like. ign's review has a paragraph going 'well rowling said some transphobic stuff... thats bad... anyway 9/10.' like gently caress off. you dont care. if you cared at all youd actually take a stand lol

or seeing people handwringing about how they wanna buy it but they heard rowling was bad... can anyone weigh in... like if you cared at all for real this wouldnt be a question

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic posted:

No the point is that there is no game you can buy where you aren't giving money to pieces of poo poo.
im not sure the guy who made this five dollar roguelike i bought on itch.io is a mastermind of fascism op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Corb3t posted:

Jo is trash, it sucks so many people's childhood nostalgia is ruined and they can't just enjoy Hogwarts Legacy or go to Universal Studios anymore.

Are y'all boycotting Comcast, too?
im pretty sure nobody is using comcast out of love for the brand but rather because they need high speed internet and its their only option

i think high speed internet has more of an impact on your life and ability to participate in modern society than buying a ps5 game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also i admittedly find it extremely funny that mainstream games press will post all this wonderful stuff about how important representation is and then when an AAA game with high production values comes out they all go "this is pogger"
when they talk about representation what they mean is they want to feel like a good person for playing ubisoft games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Corb3t posted:

How many of you won't be going to Nintendo World when it opens because it's in the same park as Harry Potter World?
im not going there until they add a fire emblem ride

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh youre probably right, its just i cannot wrap my head around the whole business concept of what is the modern day version of going round to your buddies and watching them play a game and shoot the poo poo and now its some big cap venture

do you have 20000 buddies

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stranger of paradise is a decent brawler, my only big complaint with it is that the dlc takes some grinding to get ready for but obvs thats only a problem if you buy the dlc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

standing on the soap and surfing on it is an interesting twist but it doesnt look well, uh, made

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ps5 actual size

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wow metal gear solid without kojima, im so hyyyyyypeeeeedddddd

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we'll decide our fates with explicit gay sex

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Stop showing this game, GranBlue JRPG is not releasing lmao. this game was first shown in like 2017.
they had to restart development because they booted platinum off the project. they've shown complete looking footage. its deffo coming out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i will continue to do. what i have always. done.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gently caress yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the grenade blows up while hes doing his cool oneliner and he dies instantly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

saying neuro synaptic tech like ive never seen those words in my life

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

david hayter is in this but not the mgs3 remake

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

huh, new marathon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the final shape.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thank you for joining us today. i have strong feelings on granblue fantasy relink.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

playstation earbuds.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LEAVE CONNERS ALONE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WATCH OUT FOR HIS NEW POWERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bitches will whine about anime and then pog for a superhero game with the line WATCH OUT FOR HIS NEW POWERS