Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That fella that ran all over Penn State now has 666 rushing yards on the season, so I put today's loss squarely on the shoulders of Satan and some sort of pact therewith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

Let’s not forget a tremendous record that was set today because of this sec stuff.

My school , IU became the first D -1 school to lose 700 football games. Respect.

This is actually quite an achievement. It takes a long history to get there, even if you're terrible most of the time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hahahahahahaha god drat everything sucks

The part that is incredible to me is that Sandusky had, what, less than a dozen victims and that seemed like an astounding number.

Then you ended up with the four digit guys and it was like too much to even wrap your brain around.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tactlessbastard posted:

This thread is going places

Hell, presumably

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Purdue is the ultimate disappointment. They are always disappointing.

Fumbled so badly that it destroyed an entire program.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Can one be disappointing if you're ALWAYS disappointing? Like, at a certain point, it's more on the person thinking better things are possible and not the 'disappointment'.

No, I don't have unresolved issues with my dad, why do you ask?

I mean, sometimes you go into Subway thinking it won't be that bad, but then it is?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

When I mentioned the Orton Fumble that Ruined Purdue for All Time, I did not realize that it happened 18 years ago today.

18 years? Gonna go buy a casket I guess.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

wernox posted:

Show us where the bad train touched you Sash.

I have no idea why I hate Purdue so much

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Purdue isn't even trains, they're the guys that used to make the trains. They don't need a lot of boilermakers these days.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think a loss can dramatically change how a team thinks and acts to the point that it is relevant.

Kyle Orton doesn't fumble in 2004 and Purdue wins the Big Ten and has an outside chance at playing for the championship, because they were #5. But they fell apart after blowing that game. Should Wisconsin not get credited for knocking off a top five team because Purdue went into complete free fall?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

downout posted:

(did NW holding them to 17 expose something?).

It sounds glib, but the tropical storm had a lot to do with it. That game was fumble city.

It might have been the only game at any level that looked like neither team actually wanted to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

I have the one that’s the Slippery Rock rock mascot in a fur coat.

I'm 100 percent sure that the overwhelming majority of Slippery Rock stuff is sold to people who have heard of it and not much else. I don't even remember anyone on campus wearing anything.