Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah, weirdo has owned one of the largest social media companies for less than a week and has already used it as a megaphone to promote a false story that the near fatal attack on one of the highest ranking members of a political party he dislikes spouse was because of a gay affair. He deserves zero benefit of the doubt and people should not use his products or work for him even if that causes temporary inconvenience.

Deactivated my account feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So they're saying it would be safer for US troops to withdraw from Saudi Arabia? Sure would be a shame, that might disappoint a broad group of people like *checks notes* energy company shareholders and the house of saud.

Nothing to be done!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hey in case you're wondering why Democrats are about to get obliterated the Fed did another giant rate hike with the sole purpose of making sure people don't have savings

Tell me what other fox news talking points you still internalize

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yes the paid spox going to Palm Beach is definitely saying "how it works" and not astroturfing the poo poo out of the "evil fed" narrative the handful of actual billionaires living in palm beach have been pushing for more than a few years.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6UhRO_tc9A

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Blame Biden

Jesus loving Christmas do you sleep every 3 years?

The NY post and fox are all spinning up the outrage machine over a tweet giving Biden credit for loving with social security.

That moves a consistent red base of old fucks to the polls and phones and retweets that are happening within the thread.

This announcement from the KC Fed shooting it straight being someone who's literally taking checks from Palm Beach, right before election season.

That palm beach crew, rip in piss Epstein, have packed the courts to try and control any blatant crimes the fed may be able to prosecute.

They astroturf "police approved" candidates in small and mid level elections that just happen to be associated with white supremacy whoopsie.

They then astroturf the complaints against said pariah.

They bought all the small papers reporting on police corruption.

they want to control more of the government to defund and destroy it because they are already rich and don't need the government stopping them from creating their own fiefdoms.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 2, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In case you think I'm making up the manufactured outrage angle just watch like the first 5 minutes of this to see how this adds up with robber baron billionaires and lovely outrage news proliferation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WfHXt1ZQhg

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm truly flabbergasted at how long that video is

E: Like you didn't even have time to watch it from the last time you posted a long rear end video

I have notifications on for both creators, usually watch videos longer than 20 min after screening the transcript while watching on 1.5x, and for content like this, I do while cleaning or something, and I'm quarantined.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

hypnophant posted:

i don’t know anything about palm beach but I can assure you that the president of the Kansas City Fed is not colluding with anyone, let alone palm beach billionaires, to undermine the image or authority of the Fed.

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1587901775000047619?s=20&t=0fZDgiW3dZ2-itklTAz85g

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

shame on an IGA posted:

Might have missed it in the immediately afterward transition from Oct thread to Nov thread but posting the Migos shooting video across multiple threads was massively hosed up and should've warranted a perma on its own aside from any ukraine considerations

Yeah that poo poo was uncalled for.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stultus Maximus posted:

One of the craziest things about the last decade or so is watching all these weird subcultures and fringe theories that I used to read about in the 90s or 00s like SovCits, the Manosphere, or the Black Hebrew Israelites enter the mainstream.

Yeah, it is weird how these antisemitic and misogynistic ideas have been kept alive and spread by someone.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lightpole posted:

They just gutted everything at Twitter without consideration for anything. Just holy poo poo, anything thats not impossible to rebuild is now extremely expensive.

Oh weird how all these big companies with massive catalogues of user information are getting bought and gutted for profit.

I'm sure they're just whacky billionaires making bad bets and not intentionally trying to silence critics by using copyright law, then gutting their former competition make big tax write offs for their personal Super PACs that are always deeply conservative.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 4, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lightpole posted:

I don't think he could burn $44 billion faster if he lit it on fire and there's cheaper ways to silence critics.

If it's not his money, it is possible someone who would like to see Ukrainian propaganda silenced could consider it money well spent.

Especially when both parties with motive have extensive experience with moving money digitally and manipulating social media platforms.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 4, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lightpole posted:

A good part is his money and everything is so stupid Tesla stock is getting crushed, which he will have to sell if he wants Twitter to continue as a going concern, further driving down the price. Theres no genius here, only completely loving stupid. He bought at 54.20 and that 4.20 alone cost him hundreds of millions for a stupid meme.

Again you're presuming his money works like yours and mine when the motherfucker has billions. He literally loses no sleep over the money figures, because he doesn't plan on making the money in the first place.

Dude made his billions off of investing in moving money digitally, including cryptocurrency which is actively financing Russias invasion of Ukraine. That's not weird at all, especially if say, all that Tesla green tax credit money was being siphoned off as he established market dominance by being first and shutting down domestic competition.

CommieGIR posted:

Gee, I wonder how the Saudis, who just voted in favor of OPEC cutbacks that favor Putin, feel about Twitter, that they helped fund the purchase of...

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 4, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And if you don't think Elon musk is intentionally misstepping, consider how "he just wanted to" was enough to exonerate Tom Barrack (who can't be tried for the same crime again now).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/jury-finds-trump-friend-tom-barrack-not-guilty-foreign-lobbying-lying-rcna55257

quote:

Barrack, who served as the chairman of Trump’s inaugural committee, was charged with acting as an agent of a foreign government without prior notification to the Justice Department, a violation that carries up to 10 years in prison. In addition, he was charged with obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI about his UAE contacts during a 2019 interview with federal agents.

Barrack, a California billionaire, had denied doing the bidding of the UAE, and maintained that he had arranged meetings between Emirati and White House officials and made media comments praising the UAE government because he wanted to, not because he was being directed to.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

RFC2324 posted:

Ex-goon, iirc. Most of weird twitter is

Crab Dad posted:

Suddenly $10 until you are banned doesn’t seem so bad.

And yet the mods on my rap sheet emphasize that our forums are NOT involved in a global propaganda warfront!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAuXuxD0Oo

Curious!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I have always wondered if he’s actually a good investor or just incredibly lucky. Like Zip2 and X.com sucked, but it allowed to get into PayPal, which was revolutionary at the time. He jumped on Tesla and turned a bullshit quality product into something people with more money than sense loved. SpaceX and OpenAI are fairly great because he’s pretty hands off, despite his title of founder and chief engineer. Then he goes and memes himself into Twitter and publicly burns it to the ground. I think he thought he was actually good at software engineering instead of being ahead of trends and able to throw ludicrous amounts at money to corner the market.

maffew buildings posted:

the twitter situation should answer all your questions about if elon is actually any good at investing

He is not even a software guy. He's a loving mine owner, he knows how to extract wealth cost of human life and the environment, that is all he will ever be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WfHXt1ZQhg

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

You think that's suspicious look at las Vegas judges on the ballot.

there's a whole lot of random prosecutors that haven't responded to interviews for the papers, but ARE still endorsed by the police department running for office.

Their opponents include anyone endorsed by SEIU or is a minority, or has been a public defender.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Get a shittier job and your coworkers will usually have a guy.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BadOptics posted:

This has some pretty bad implications for the war in Ukraine in regards to verification being meaningless.

WEIRD.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GD_American posted:

Ok, so 9th dimensional chess thought exercise. If this was a tank job disguised as poster brain, what would be in service of? Strategic planning for Tesla/SpaceX/solar panels? Step 2 from the Underpants Gnomes business model?

If you look up Hungary's media atmosphere since orban took power it makes more sense.

Buy all the bad press and burn it down like Sinclair and the pedophile buying all the newspapers in America.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 11, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1591135071142313984?s=20&t=IS20OpZZMAwWcvLw_WOm_g

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Didn't ftx put up a bunch of money to help Elon buy Twitter too?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lol remember when we could tell if a tweet was "official" or not cus of which device was posting?

Remember when I said this dude is trying to hide crimes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hey just like how WB and HBO merged, on the promise of billions in growth, and how everything was slashed and burned and the remains being pawned off on another loving corporation.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Eason the Fifth posted:

Dude paid 44B for a toy he broke and got bored with in two weeks

loving amazing

I keep telling people this isn't a game because it's not. The poo poo is intentional.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

fknlo posted:

lmao, musk just basically pedo guy’d everyone that worked at Twitter before he took over

He now also has personal information of millions of users including many minorities and marginalized groups.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

KitConstantine posted:

Also the Euro Parliment declared Russia a state sponsor of terror today and near-immediately came under cyber attack by KILLNET, a russian-sponsored hacking group
https://twitter.com/EP_President/status/1595443471518777345?s=20&t=o-fMlLplZqGRquank8yzsw

EEKA GEEK posted:

Looking at Twitter and seeing a lot of stuff I'm not liking... not least this:

https://twitter.com/mattia_n/status/1595405943143104512

Considering much of the electrical grid uses Soviet-era parts and infrastructure, the duration of blackouts is likely to increase as that equipment becomes scarcer and harder to replace.

Surely the west can send electrical engineers to help with installing new equipment (as well as the equipment itself), as they are not in any way combatants?

also concerning.

I remember back in high school like 2002 when the euro was becoming a thing and I was like, drat that sounds at least cool in theory, and the teacher who later [allegedly] threatened to shoot up the school went on a rant about the new world order and royal family and east Germany.

loving weird memories like that hit weird in 2022

Also a good breakdown and maybe a bit of understanding for what actually motivated musk to spend billions other than "feefees"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxCRRcWSt4I

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 23, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sacrist65 posted:

Someone on here has the theory that the Elon Twitter clusterfuck is all part of some grand plan. Every time poo poo like this happens I laugh at this notion.

He's using classic sabotage for spaces that leftists and minorities have been organizing you rear end.

It's working flawlessly because it's getting violent dipshits to attack us in online and real life spaces and being the big concern troll to gaslight people who are not interested in this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I recently went back to Austin and was reacquainted with frontage roads and how literally anyone can off-road onto them in front of state troopers when the I35 comes to a standstill.