Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Makes sense that he got rid of the glasses so they wouldn't get all smudged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

What's the deal with St. Maximum? Is he injured? They've done great without him and that guy seemed to carry them last year.

Newcastle are a much better team when they aren't totally reliant on him for creativity.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

in completely unrelated news, apparently Barcelona are busy drawing Arteta's face on a brain holding hands with a blaugrana heart because Xavi didn't win the CL

Xavi barely won in the Champions League tbf.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

Hassenhutls gone. I haven't checked and don't care if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna say he was the leagues longest serving manager. Rip.

Nope, 4th and it wasn't close.

Klopp - 2015
Pep - 2016
Thomas Frank - 2018 (Hired when they weren't in the Prem)
Hasenhuttl - 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Masonity posted:

Liverpool FC is now co owned by Raid: Shadow Legends and NordVPN

I'm excited for the BlueChew shirt sponsorship.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

christ what a useless sack of garbage

Amazing that his tactics with a squad with all of the best players in a farmers league didn't translate to the Prem.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

On his return
“The progress was zero, since Sir Alex left, I saw no evolution in the club. Nothing had changed.”
"Nothing changed [at #mufc]. Not only the jacuzzi, the pool, even the gym. Even some points of technology, the kitchen, the chefs - who I appreciate, lovely people! I thought I would see different things, technology, infrastructure."

This is a fair point. United seem to be a decade behind the likes of City, etc on the entirety of the club setup, from the training ground up. The Cliff was a shithole before they moved to Carrington in 1999 and they haven't done any meaningful upgrades at Carrington for a decade. Old Trafford itself is literally rotting from its foundations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tristeham posted:

i'm not sure he's even good enough for the liga nos anymore.

it must eat at him that messi is still playing well.

You must not watch any Ligue 1, it's a very bad league. A ton of fun to watch but the standard there is not good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I’m just waiting for Ronald to announce that it is in fact the Jews that are the problem.

Ninpo has been saying this since 2006.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

webmeister posted:

100% we would have lost the last game to Fulham if Ronaldo had played. The opening goal where Bruno has the awareness to tap it back across the goalmouth and Eriksen can slide it in at the far post, Ronaldo would have been occupying Bruno's space, taken an off-balance shot with his left and blootered the ball into the Thames

He was shooting, the ball was deflected into Eriksen's path.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

Ten Hag has done nothing wrong

:hmmyes:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

webmeister posted:

Getting kicked out of the club is 100% the goal. Assuming that all he wants to do is score goals, he surely understands that blasting the coach, the team, and the entire club hierarchy isn't going to get him more game time. Given that nobody was willing to pay for him in the summer, he needs to force himself out of the club where he can take a modest pay cut, sign for a club in a farmers league and keep racking up the goals until he can go out "on top" and on his own terms.

I'd rather United pay him and force him to rot in the reserves until his contract expires but he's proven to be a dressing room cancer and I don't think anyone at the club would want that around the youth/reserve teams.

Mason Greenwood is still under contract with the club and not allowed on/at club facilities, maybe they could do something like that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

CR9 Productions presents Kevin Spacey in…

Wow, this is One True Ronaldo erasure.

R9 - Fat and Lovable

CR7 - The C stands for oval office

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Can you say, please, 232 times?

An impressive 58 John Terrys.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

This is a bit rich coming from a 37 year old who stank up the pitch last year and can't get on it this year

He scored 24 goals last season, 18 in the league.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

A lot of those came in clusters/earlier in the season though.

While he was dragging United through the Champions League and keeping Ole in the job tbf.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ah yes, Liverpool's 3rd choice right back whose legs are gone.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eternally past it at this point.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

Hot take: Ole would not have been fired if Ronaldo wasn't signed. Signing Ronaldo turned everything upside down.

Well thank gently caress United signed Ronaldo then.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

Wasn't Steven Ogrizovic still playing in the prem at like 42

Unless they changed the definition of outfield player I don't think he counts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I hope he doesn't play another minute for them but also doesn't get paid and isn't allowed to sign for anybody else.

:hmmyes:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's gone.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1595107357159297029

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whostolemyhat posted:

No payoff apparently, just "don't come back"

If anything Ronaldo would have been paying some damages, which United very clearly outlined in saying "don't fight this bby" when they started the legal action to terminate his contract.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

For $8/month you too can be a Manchester United player

I see you've been researching the Manchester United Supporters Trust scam.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

e: also I'm actually not sure, Abu Dhabi have a bunch of clubs but I am not sure what's allowed around clubs owned inside say UEFA

City own Palermo

Watford's owners also own Udinese

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jettisonedstuff posted:

then have them crowdsource the tactics

I think there was a supporters owned club way down the pyramid (maybe Scotland, I can't remember) that actually did some of this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

European Super League
AC Milan - Sold 2022
Chelsea - Sold 2022
Manchester United - For Sale 2022
Liverpool - For Sale 2022
Barcelona - Lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Double postin'

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1595379345308139521

Lol. It's for him slapping the phone out of that kids hand.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Liverpool's Sporting Director just quit (effective end of season).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mancchester United and Apple Mac???????????????

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I like the Gakpo or Leao rumors a lot more

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wow, and I don't think he's even played at Stoke on a cold, rainy night

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Someone make the December thread, football is back baby

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I didn't quite realize we were going straight back to PL matches without a break. Can't wait to see a record number of ACL tears.

Don't worry, the muscle injuries will get them before the ligaments

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

looking forward to how player transfers go now that the WC is over, should be a shitshow.

and its been a long enough break for me to have forgotten that both Leeds and Forest are back?

Having gone through the top 10 pages of posts and I've yet to see anything dedicated to non PL leagues in the FA. Does the FA Cup thread serve there or is posting about the majesty that is the Southern League Premier Division South tolerated here as well?

Lower league catchall thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008289

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wow, it's almost like VAR is bad at subjective decisions, just like real referees.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

LiveSoccerTV is the best site I've found, but I stopped looking for alternatives after I found that tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005