Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm ready for the crazy poo poo that's gonna be said by the USA to prove russia did it :wiggle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao. from that privatization site

the game was rigged from the start

lmao AIDowned

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

where do I apply to take over a car factory or some poo poo and then just start selling the cars to mobsters so I can become an oligarch and use a charismatic actor as my avatar in politics?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

big "digging around in the back of your pantry and donating all the 10 year old cans of pumkin pie filling and cream of eel at the food drive" energy

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

The Oldest Man posted:

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/product/at-kryvorizka-tets/

They're selling the monopoly heating utility for a city of 600,000 people on a website

I think I'm going to be sick

in america at least we have the sophistication to do it in smoky back rooms/via a series of LLC proxies :911:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

cold war 2 cybersecurity experiment gone sexual

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

imagine micheal tracey limiting himself to a single woman, denying his essence to the throngs of the "unfucked" lining up at his doorstep...

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

if you don't support endless lethal aid to ukraine, you ain't black

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

is there a big "cost of ukraine aid" ticker (like the national debt ticker) I can smugly send to all my fiscally-conservative-blood-liberal irl associates? seeking to exploit inescapable contradictions in political ideologies. all the conservatives I know already think ukraine is a scam

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

thinktanks coming up with a complicated series of mathematical proofs that lead to the same solution: only girl hitler can defeat neo-communist russia

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I cross dressed in my girlfriends skirts to be girl hitler for halloween and I love cryptofascism ama DoD seeking consultant buxxx

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

tankie pamps extra poopy today I see

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

is ukraine gonna try to go over that river or will they wait till it freezes or is it a river that won't freeze

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

speng31b posted:

i guess it freezes, but i don't think you want to advance over a frozen river that's being defended and get shelled

it's a classic gambit in company of heroes 2

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

lost a lot of brave t-34/85 that way :smith:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I dated a girl whose brother was in jail and he wrote to ask her for info on "nordic runes" so we just assumed he was trying to join some kind of white supremacy rune gang. she didn't send him the rune book and we sent him a bunch of sci fi stuff (jack vance) instead. he said reading Emphyrio in jail changed his life

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

usa on verge of collapse any day now also hachi machi what an image

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Frosted Flake posted:

This got downvoted to oblivion on the ireland sub

hell yeah 1350 rant but for irish it's like seeing a unicorn in the wild

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Paradox nerds lol

the best paradox game? cities skylines

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

lmao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

someone make a "secretary pol pot my people cry out for x" joke so I won't have to feel guilty about it

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the khmer rouge are probably a rough chuckles gold mine for the bravest among us...

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

my body is ready for company of heroes 3 :pray:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

however, whermacht is for LOW APM scrubs who can't micro :smuggo:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

StashAugustine posted:

Can't wait to see how they manage to make the Eastern Front even dumber than 2

I will prob never play a CoH campaign, I just do pvp and pve with friends. I get really annoyed when you can't build everything in the campaigns, feels like you're missing an arm/leg/etc

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

heard the campaigns are plenty problematic but I can't really bring myself to care much about ethics in imaginary games at all :shrug:. slap a pol pot khmer faction into civ 7 idgaf

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the most important thing for me in CoH3 is that the german afrikorps seem like they're gonna be the soviet analogue. I love the zergier playstyle because that was my starcraft faction > imperium of man (dawn of war, basically prototype CoH) > soviets in coh2. creating kill boxes with zis-3 76mm and whatever MGs my conscript can steal from the enemy is my fave bit of the game and doubly so because you can just move your lines around while whermact etc get bogged down with static defensive structures

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 22:36 on Nov 17, 2022

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Frosted Flake posted:

How does that track? They were pretty hard up for personnel replacements almost from the onset. You'd think maybe the Italians or something, but Afrika Korps?

probably won't know until it comes out but afrikorps is the closest description to the soviets "high speed/high casualties" faction I can see so far from marketing materials (surely marketing wouldn't misrepresent anything :ohdear:). I would say CoH isn't that realistic in the first place

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

for instance: if you can micro like 3 conscript squads with ppsh-41 (some soviet sub machine gun sorta like the thompson "chicago typewriter" style gun) then they can easily overcome a line of MG teams. in reality they'd probably all be chopped to bits by a single MG team well before they could flank them

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the worst AI commander to fight in coh2 is one with an ability to do "propaganda pamphlets" which is basically a UNLIMITED RANGE AoE attack that make any non-mechanized unit retreat to your home base. the AI does them with lightning quick reactions to gently caress you over constantly and it's a huge headache

I think it's this one

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Nov 17, 2022

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Frosted Flake posted:

Reddit was wild.

It's totally disappeared from their collective memory. We can talk about normie lib amnesia but it's uncanny every time it happens.

reddit is a giant propaganda apparatus. every news subreddit is studded with bots to upvote and promote comments/posts that push the american agenda. it's operation mockingbird for web 2.0

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Lostconfused posted:

All war is crime :ssh:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

you laugh but if america was ever invaded by land you'd be glad the KKK was trained in artillery warfare and given a blank check to do whatever they wanted :heritage:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

gradenko_2000 posted:

Didn't the American Revolution only require 3% of the population to succeed?

it was prob more like 13% but there's far right movements in north america that call themselves 3% or III or whatever and boy do they sell a lotta bumper stickers

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

kyiv's experimental tesla coil AA takes a lot of power to keep running

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the most disturbing thing to me, an american, is how readily our media ecosystem slurped up uncritical pro-ukraine propaganda and how readily it was reflected on the something awful forums. I don't even want to kiss and hug vladimir putin just weirded out as hell that we're living through 2003 "WE MUST LIBERATE IRAQ BECAUSE OF 9/11" tier stuff all over again. you'd think a "representative" democracy would AT LEAST want to inform its citizens about the potential consequences of fighting a syria style proxy war right on the border of russia but no can do slava ukraini all my himars to you goonsire ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

post thanksgiving watching transporter 3: trouble in little ukraine (normal ukraine)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Lostconfused posted:

Command & Conquer Generals came out in 2003 and it's so full of racial slurs and stereotypes that I don't think you could ever have something like that outside of the post :911: psychosis that existed in America. And I am not sure if that even includes cheese eating surrender monkeys and freedom fries.

cnc generals is a fantastic piece of american history. heritage not hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT6kblEmGGc

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

in transporter 3, the one in ukraine, a ukrainian tractor hauls jason statham's audi A8 out of a river. foreshadowing from 2008 :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

honestly would support ukraine whole hog if it wasn't for the weird rear end (often times fabricated) media campaign in their favor. gov't can't work without a functioning fourth estate and also it doesn't seem to work anymore generally speaking