Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

I see myself doing that pretty soon, I'm just trying to get a couple of more people to realize they can speak to people in ways outside of Twitter and then I'm giving up on them and done lol

I killed my Facebook account a few years ago, and when that happened I thought it was going to be very difficult to do since I used it constantly, but then about a week later I realized I wasn't even thinking about checking it. It really put in perspective for me how bad the signal/noise ratio is on that platform.

Twitter is a little more challenging because it got so ingrained in a lot of people thinking they need to preserve their brand/followes or whatever and can't leave and I've gotten some actual work through it now and then. Even with the writing on the wall for years that the number of people who are able to have their full time job be Twitter shitposts is pretty small.

But at the same time now that Musk has been so openly running the platform in favor of the shittiest people alive it's making it a lot easier to leave like, today, gently caress it.

Don't leave, make them ban you. Then appeal it. We are far past the point where account numbers or advertiser angst is going to have any effect, it'd not a publicly-traded company any more - there's no shareholders or board of directors to reign Elon in.

Making them ban you makes just a little more work for the moderation team and costs Elon money.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Archonex posted:

more and more increasingly appealing to the sort of human beings that'd cheer on the nazis if they were alive back during WW2

I'm pretty sure WW2 had plenty of Nazis who were alive. Decreasing over time, sure, but still.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently there were more layoffs yesterday, and at least one of them is a top Musk lieutenant

https://twitter.com/Atrios/status/1606347985838751744?s=20&t=6_cW3SRKmBft4kgLyODa5Q

Knowledge status: Transitioned.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Archonex posted:

Pretty sure most of these boomers and younger alt reich types were not alive however. Which is what I was obviously referring too.

I was making a dumb joke about how "if they were alive back during WW2" is sort of ambiguous about who exactly it's referring to, that's all.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Xand_Man posted:

lol Ain't nobody going to make a thread about the legality of loli but the tech nightmare thread might work

Reopen the DeviantArt thread, just for this discussion.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

It's also weak because, you don't like being on a the same servers/social network as people that post objectionable content? Hope you don't have a Twitter or Facebook account because holy poo poo

Yeah, that secjuice article has been posted I several relevant threads, so I'm going to cross-post my response here:

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah, pawoo.net content and users are explicitly "moderated" (blocked) from the instance I'm on (peoplemaking.games).

This is like saying "oh, you're using email? You know who else uses email? Pedophiles. :smug:"

I've noticed a trend of people getting lovely about Mastodon because of the ways its different from Twitter.

I honestly think that secjuice article seems pretty drat dumb, but I don't know enough about the site to call it intentionally bullshit, but it definitely doesn't make a good first impression.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Surely the media will have learned their lesson and not treat everything he farts out onto Twitter as a news event this time.

I'm... not confident that they have.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"The good king led astray by wicked advisors" trope goes back centuries, and that's just with examples I can think of off hand.

Surprise: it's not actually Elon, but a monster pretending to be Elon! That's right, it's a false king plot, we're in a jrpg motherfuckers!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

evilweasel posted:

except Facebook, Google, apple, and countless other ways to reach people online. even this website if you were really desperate!

We're on this website, of course we're desperate!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah I'm not surprised it's Twitter again with all the same mistakes. though I find it lol to have the probably viable techbro business model to build a successful platform, sell it to a rich idiot for way too much money, and then when they run it spectacularly into the ground, just make it all over again for everyone to flee to.

Reminds me of the guy who invented "cigarette boats", who kept founding boat building companies, selling them, and then founding another one that went on to eat his old companies lunch.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Fortunately Twitters archive request feature works great [...] You can have it just send you a massive dump

You don't have to ask twitter.com for that, I'll do that if you pay shipping.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Edit: to put it another way, there is a survivorship bias here. Those of us who are still around are not the giant shitheads that came before. It would be unwise to take the current culture back 15 years and assume it was like that then. You would have to factor in all the people that got banned in that span.
I'd like mention there was a relatively recent example of this: The Lowtax Memorial thread. A lot of people who hadn't posted in 10-15 years came back and it wasn't good.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

werent there also rumors that Musk bought Birdsite because even he knew his telecoms on the matter were damning and he didnt want discovery to expose them?

like a group chat with the Rick and Mort "not legally a sexpest/pedo" voiceman had some dumb poo poo.

I heard his texts had the secret explanation of when "Chowder" doesn't rhyme with "Louder".

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mr. Mercury posted:

It's like a poem: it rhymes

Unlike "chowder" and "louder".

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nuclear Spoon posted:

emoji is fine except for the crying laughing emoji

:stare: seems like a such a fundamental expression i can't believe it isn't an emoji itself

Personally I constantly wish that :jerkbag: and :colbert: were standard emojis.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Clarste posted:

"Engagement" is not the same as enjoying. Do not buy into their framing of it.

Where does "entergagement" fall?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah, 25% of users make up 99% of tweets while the other 75% have a rounded mean of zero tweets per month. It's staggering how many people online simply do not post.

Lucky bastards

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alkydere posted:

This is the most hilariously stupid poo poo ever. We're watching this idiot disappear up his own rear end in an almost literal sense.

If only he was really disappearing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

(While I still think the joke was funny, the post below this one is so loving horrifying that it seems best to remove this.)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 27, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nervous posted:

𝕏Chan

[xehanort]χ-chan![/xehanort]

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Name Change posted:

Musk rapidly progressing to the stage of billionairitis where his eternal youth treatments just make him look like a rubber mask stretched over a skull.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

Can’t believe the heir to the GURPS fortune is doing this.

Matthew Gurps

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Reminds me of Phantasy Star Online, where you couldn't say Assassin or Saturday, but you could make little glyphs with geometric shapes and everyone made dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

8k diffuse / 4k normal map