Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah they're all in there at least to my ears. The witch hunter is one of the psykers, one of the ogryns is the dwarf, I know I heard the witch and the elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

can you imagine backhanding a fire warrior, just lmao

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Siivola posted:

I'm sorry but that's some kind of a spadroon and furthermore

:goonsay:

hell yeah brother

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

If they made an electric psyker power they drat well better record lines of someone screaming "Wiiiiiiiitness your doooooooooooooom!"

rubber shoes in motion

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

im permabanned poster blightstormer88,

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

ran fine on my 1060

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

There's plenty of heavy weapons and 40k is a big enough setting that they can have unlimited weird variants without being lore inconsistent. Very excited to see what a man portable las cannon shoots like

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah I'm gonna probably main ogryn in my friend group, but I am almost as excited to play a guardsman in a cool 40k fpsish

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I wonder if we'll end up with any zero g or vacuum areas later

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I played two rounds last night and had zero stability or fps issues on a 1060 at 1080p. That said, I think it's mostly luck since one of the games saw me as the only constant party member, as probably a half dozen other players joined and crashed out by the time I finished the level

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Chainclaw posted:

ever since the beta opened, we can't stop saying "are you up for the Darktide Pod Challenge?" when inviting people to join our game

what, uhh, is the darktide pod challenge?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

fadam posted:

What's the fastest way to level? Is there a mission that's better than just quickplay?

I honestly wouldn't try and power level during the beta. I know they've said they're gonna try to preserve everyone's progress, but I'm working under the assumption that I'll lose it all when the game actually comes out

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Which ranged weapon would you guys recommend for the Ogryn? I've been using the starting Kickback, but it performs really poorly against ranged enemies, especially when there are a lot of them.

might I interest you in a ripper

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

PSA: this game is amazing with an edible

I was absolutely a guardsman fighting for my life out of a hive city. Each mission was a lifetime.

lol yes brother, this is definitely one of those games that gets very fun and immersive when I'm high as poo poo

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Are you sure you aren't talking about level 5 because level 3s are not *that* hard. Or do you demand a royal palisade to be placed upon so that you can be carted through the level?

good burn but the word you are thinking of is palanquin

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

the game has 5 difficulty levels, I'm sure there's a comfort zone in there for everyone

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

canceled for doing greenface

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

raverrn posted:

While I agree with most of what you just said, some of the penances are required to advance the game. Like the Zealot one that gives you an armor set that has lit candles on the shoulder. You simply can't progress without it. The fit is too good.

even in death I still serve looks

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Toughness over 100 is bugged and doesn't block damage, remove your toughness trinkets if you're not veteran, if you are veteran lol

lmao this explains it, I just assumed they did a drastic rebalance and/or I was playing like trash

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

It'd be nice to get some antique autoguns, I always imagine there are still a lot of literal AK47s floating around 40k

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I absolutely maxed my ogryn height but all my other characters are shorties

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

yeah I won't drop from a game unless the players are being egregiously lovely, but it does feel extra good when I get in a group that has everyone :3

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

who need they herussy ate

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Idgi, can you hold block while picking a teammate up???

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

o poo poo!!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I like that, in true 40k fashion, this game is hilarious and goofy when I get high and play ogryn with my friends, but a horror game when I get high and play guardsman with pubbies

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

people keep saying they're not having any space marines but frankly they would be stupid to not let the party fight a single one as a boss or something eventually

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Well apparently the literal devs said as much but I do not believe them.

To expand on this, while the strength of a space marine varies within various depictions of the fiction, in all of them where they're not the heroes and are granted the protection of narrative necessity, a single chaos space marine is not more dangerous than the contents of the average set piece.

Whether your talking 40k in any edition, or Kill Team, or the Fantasy Flight games, a single chaos space marine isn't more dangerous than a hundred pox walkers, a dozen las gun guardsmen, a couple bullgryns, etc etc.

yeah there's no reason aside from the mentioned possibility that GW told them they're not allowed. a gang of ravenor's acolytes would absolutely be able to defeat a single plague marine after a hairy fight

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

excuse me but down in the sump we call them ripperjacks

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I forgot my gun didn't have a flashlight and was having to walk around flaring up my power sword just to see, it loving rocked and they made it *really* dark

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man, psyker just stops being fun when you hit heresy, huh

Or: The Story of Magnus the Red

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Then we wiped right at the end so I couldn't even view our final kill count but I would guess easily 3000+

hold the phone, there's a way to check kill count at the end? I've never seen any post round stats!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

uncalled for! posted:

I complained a few times about background choices being meaningless but after dozens of hours as the group's dog killer I totally get why every psyker has a career in law enforcement

it vas comink right at me!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

you'll varlets don't even smoke obscura

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I might put the game down for a bit until they add some more content.

brother they been putting out hats

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Played a couple rounds of heresy for the first time with pubbies the other night, went fine. Felt like I was doing a slightly disproportionate amount of the work, but that's ogryn life baby

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I feel pretty good about 3x health curios on zealot and ogryn, can't imagine giving it up for any other option. +Toughness on guardsman I like but could be talked out of. What do y'all like for perks on your curios, tho?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I like that on the Gameboy you can make your guy turn little knobs on it by pressing WASD keys but it doesn't do anything

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

using a rumbler on my stubber provides a sticky grenade blessing, too

yessir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I mean yeah you can tell on melee misses when it would've been a crit