Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Grims had a purpose in VT2 in that you were moreso guaranteed emperors chests, seems like in DT you just get a paltry XP amount that's not worth the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

They've literally just changed this actually! Completing any secondary objective improves the quality of the Emperor's Gift at the end of a mission. In addition Scriptures and Grims give different bonuses to money/exp now. Scrips are better for exp, and Grims are better for dockets.

The various conditions now also give different bonuses too, you'd need to look up the exact patch notes if you want better details though.

I feel like I generally read the patch notes pretty well but went back digging on this one, not in patch note #5, but in patch note #4 I found this, "Additionally, Conditions will also affect the chances of increasing the rarity of items being gifted."

In the "Mission Board" notes above this section it lists Grims as a side mission / condition so presumably that's where the interaction occurs to increase the rarity chance. TBH I'll probably still purposefully skip grim maps until I see some stats about what the actual rarity increase chance is since having to hunt for all 3 grims is (to me) annoying. Perhaps I should see if anyone has catalogued all the possible spawn points for grims yet.

Anyway thanks for pointing out that I missed that in the notes!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

You're welcome!

Grims is actually only max 2, Scrips is what you're thinking of for finding 3. Anecdotally even when touching the :pubstove: on higher difficulties we pretty much always end the mission with all scrips/grims, with most players being willing to ditch one or both grims if the mission is looking a little... grim.

Once you know where to look and what to listen for Scrips are pretty easy to find, and Grims glow a distinct green color so only a few are hard to notice. IMO pretty worth looking for scrips if leveling a new character for the exp bonus.

Oh yeah I do aim for and seek out scriptures missions already. No corruption makes it an easier decision, I've currently got a 30 psyker and a 28 ogryn, perhaps once I have them both to 30 and get a bit slicker with my gameplay I'll be more willing to risk grims in pubs but teammates are so variable. Malice is starting to feel smooth though.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Last night I got thrown through a wall into the infinite abyss so YMMV :v:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

deep dish peat moss / crates

I actually stumbled upon this a few nights ago where I'd gotten up on a box waiting for a hunting pack to show up and noticed that they seemed to not go for me when seemingly they should have otherwise. The next pack that came later in the map, told the stack I was playing with let's all try getting on boxes and 2 hounds made it close enough that they should have pounced someone, and just didn't.

Nice little trick to balance the get thrown through walls or game crash issues!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Vet with shotgun :mad:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I love playing Darktide but the regression (in terms of QOL things) from VT2 to DT has me constantly wondering what in the fresh hell they were doing over there?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Currently I'm playing and clearing Heresy level missions on both psyker and ogryn (I mention this because not sure if diff levels effect their mechanics plus hero types). Anyone have tips on how to avoid Mutant chargers? Last night I literally circled a pillar as a psyker thinking that would be enough to dodge and the motherfucker lost no steam circling the pillar probably 270 degrees to grab my rear end.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

deep dish peat moss - my humble view is that brain burst sucks rear end most of the time, I'll only really pull it out for long range threats like snipers or reapers if I have nothing else to deal with, or if I've just popped my level 30 skill that reduces cast time and peril gained. For bulwarks, ragers, etc I just CC the everliving gently caress outta them with my surge staff, or sometimes my flamer purgatus staff but honestly I prefer the surge for the ability to shoot mid/long range with left click and also that it's CC is better and my screen is less covered in blue fire.

Force sword with special attack deletes ragers of course but getting around the shield is tough so yeah I typically just CC them for the team to kill, although if I'm lower peril I can kill a bulwark with just surge lightning too.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

haldolium posted:

last second side dodge is the only way to trigger the actual miss for it, don't think there's a difference for characters.

Jerkface posted:

Yup this is it, line up with the mutant and side step dodge. They turn on a dime but once they actually get to the end of the charge they will run straight through if they are targeting you.

https://i.imgur.com/H0v2ySp.mp4

.Z. posted:

Position yourself such that when facing the mutant your back is against a wall or a ledge. That way if you miss the dodge you won't take damage. The mutant will just spin 180 and throw you away from the wall/ledge.
Excellent thanks for the infos.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I already feel that the force sword is more single target and not as good against horde so,

"Deimos Mk II Blaze Force Sword -
This Force Sword employs more of a thrusting attack pattern that is great against armoured, single-target enemies."

I guess I'll have an interesting time comparing the two but I'm trying to imagine a sword even worse against mobs when I already find the current sword to be fine against single target chunky foes (special attack puts in *work*) and barely ok against mobs.

edit: Ogryn ripper gun I don't feel one way or the other about as a) I didn't have one with that and b) I like my heavy stubber goes brrrrrrtt

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

celewign posted:

The force sword is my go to horde destroyer as a veteran. Hmm

As a veteran you don't get the force sword, you get the power sword.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Can someone do a how-to post about mods and how much they'll steal my login info and get my steam banned? TIA.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

thanks for this

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

If there are any enemies near a barrel the barrel should be blown up priority #1

The only reason not to blow a barrel with no enemies is if you think a horde is about to show up next to the barrel.

Always be blowing poo poo up.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

To add to this: I've heard people express frustrations with Poxbursters seemingly be immune to pushes when they try this. The reason (I believe) after some testing is that once a Poxburster has fully jumped and its feet are off the ground, it becomes immune to all but the most insane stagger/stun. Surge staff is the only thing I've seen stop a mid-air Poxburster with any regularity at this point. You need to be more proactive and actually approach the Poxburster before it can jump to shove it back, which is a bit nerve wracking but very consistent once you know how to do it.

You can also make use of walls/boxes to shove a Poxburster safely and cause it to detonate, being able to highlight one with a ping from you or your teammate facilitates this immensely.

I love my surge staff for poxburster knockback, so good.

On my Ogryn sometimes I've found it useful (typically in a situation with a crowd of chaff in the way) to bull charge the poxburster, cancel the charge right after you hit them which does a big stun/knockback and you can back up out of the way of their explosion with plenty of time.

ZeusCannon posted:

Im early so im sure it doesnt matter but what should i prioritize on curios?

If you're veteran then I think toughness can be good, otherwise go for more health. Beyond that I wouldn't really worry until you get say 25+ where you might actually get good enough curios to keep longer than a few hours.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

.Z. posted:

*good list*
I don't actually know if it's listed (ed: in game) as I can't read but the medipacks don't last for a fixed amount of time but instead give out a fixed amount of health before disappearing. So a big meaty boi plus healthed Ogryn can suck it (all?) down and leave your little toddlers without health replenishment.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Leaning left and right lets you see around the constraints of your monitors bezel too.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Here's my not played the game on the new patch thoughts and questions (Ogryn & Psyker).

My Blaze force sword already seems fine against single target specials/armoreds using the special charged attack and the heavy single target and sweep style attacks take care of shitters just fine, the sword suffers against trying to clear a horde (I prefer being able to surge force lightning into hordes but not always possible). For this reason I don't see how the Deimos single target will be worth carrying? The Illisi for better horde fighting could be nice but I'll have to see how it handles enemies like Ragers and Maulers, typically I'll just surge force these enemies to CC them for the team but sometimes I need to be able to quickly power up my sword and nuke them, how will the Illisi handle them?

Faster quell times to allow for even more uptime on my staff/sword/BB usage? Yes please and thank you.

The heavier stubber sounds goated but it might take me a while to roll/bless up a good one. Light stubber doesn't seem useful. I guess I'll try out the bully clubs as I find good ones but I don't think I'll seek them out over my bull butcher cleaver playstyle.

I have no desire to play the darkness conditions when the game already shoves characters up your rear end .01 seconds after you check there. Enemy tweaks all look good/neutral I think. Buff/Debuff icons will be nice. The new thunder hammer makes me more likely to start a Zealot character.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Grail Knight with the Executioner sword :getin:

I'm a dirty Kerillian player but that's what my buddy runs.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm at the point where I look for level 4 blessings to buy just to "earn blessing" @ Hadron's workshop

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Arghy posted:

The new crowd control one has insanely fast light attacks that stagger everything short of a crusher so you just don't stop spamming light attacks as you lumber through the battlefield. You can stagger charging ragers with your slap its pretty hilarious.

I don't like how the new club looks, I prefer my cleaver, so I guess that'll save me from a future nerf :v:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Legit Businessman posted:

It's a barbed wire bat, how can you not like cosplaying as CACTUS JACK?

BANG BANG!

1. I don't know who cactus jack is.

2. What can I say I'm a slasher guy not a bonker guy.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

I don't check the armoury exchange at all anymore, a brunt gray has a better chance of higher level blessings.

Is this feels or has someone done datamining or stats on it?

Currently I would buy a max level curio that's plus health or toughness if the perks on it don't suck. No plus exp or coins or curios or grim resist (I avoid grim missions) personally.

I'll grab a few greens if they are high statted to try and fish for level IV blessings along with grays from Brunts.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Jerkface posted:

The blessing patch said so outright. Theres no hard stats on it, but Fatshark has said thats how its intended. Greys have the "highest potential" and that seems to be born out in how greys get unlocked.

Oh excellent to know thanks. Guess I wasted time/plasteel trying to bless up some good greens a few days ago then.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Tried Hi-Intensity Spec Gauntlet on Heresy about 4-5 times tonight but couldn't quite pull it off, did a low-intensity spec gauntlet on Damnation and managed to clear it for the win, first time ever playing/winning on damnation so that felt dope. Definitely lots to learn on how much more damage dished out in damnation changes what decisions you can make and how hard you can go into a crowd and make it work.

edit: oh and the first 2 runs on heresy tonight I tried the ripper gun which I hadn't used since I got the stubber many moons ago, I think for me it's too short ranged and short on ammo versus the stubber options.

Magitek posted:

Melee: Bull Butcher mk3 with Slaughterer and Confident Strike. Best perks are Flak and probably Infested. God-tier horde clear, comparable to a flamer if your swings aren’t being stopped by beefy elites.

Ranged: The new Heavy Stubber with Charmed Reload and probably Blaze Away. A 5% Crit perk is mandatory with Charmed Reload, other good options to pair with it are Flak, Elites and Unyielding. Good range and recoil stability, excellent stopping power, zoom when braced and loses very little accuracy when just running around hipfiring. Very versatile, great against the elites and specials that your knife might struggle with

My Bull Butcher Mk3 has Slaughterer III and Unstoppable Force 3 with 20% damage to unarmoured and 20% to unyielding. Which perk should I refine?

My Gorgonum stubber has 25% unyielding and 25% carapace (locked), reckon I should swap for crit chance? Overwhelming Fire III and Charmed Reload III (locked). Hoping to get blaze away on it but I only currently have it on my Krourk and don't want to trash it for the blessing yet.

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 30, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

You absolutely need to swap the Unyielding damage for Crit % asap. The difference between no crit chance and even 4% is huge, you go from having to reload constantly to running out of targets typically.

Also tbh I've been repeating this elsewhere but Blaze Away is kinda trash now because it takes too long to get going, and as soon as you stop firing for any reason (aside from maybe reloading an empty mag, need to test) you lose all the stacks.

Test it yourself in the Psykanium of you have blaze away on any gun and be amazed at how finicky it is.
Yeah IIRC I was quickly rolling it up between missions with waiting buddies and got max unyielding and just left it, I'll aim to swap it for max crit tonight - thanks!

Magitek posted:

I agree Blaze Away usually isn't great, but there isn't much in the way of competition. Once you get even one stack it's equal in effectiveness as a fully stacked Overwhelming Fire, and there are definitely cases where you can just lay down sustained fire against multiple elites. Where it really shines is against bosses, where reaching +50% power is quite viable.

I'd refine the Unyielding to Flak. If you're using a Stubber, you won't be meleeing elites too often. As for Blessing, definitely switch the Unstoppable Force. There's little reason to use heavy attacks with a mk3.
Unyielding to Flak, alright I'll work on rolling that. As for Unstoppable Force I currently don't have Momentum available which is what I'd like to put in there, I don't really have better options plus I am heavy swinging to proc bleeds and toughness regen, and the bleeds also proc my damage reduction. It does seem to help with CCing and damaging multiple big boys at one time too which is nice, don't always have a psyker with good CC and I find myself having to hit armored big dudes more frequently than is probably ideal. But with all that said once I get Momentum 3 or 4 I'll swap out.

Oh also also, last night I swapped my Bull Rush causes bleeds feat to the doubled distance and knockdown all except monstrosities which seems nicer going into the harder stuff but I also have to be very careful and not yolo a charge too far with it :v: (yes charge cancel but sometimes OGRYN)

edit:
I'd love a tool to easily export your feats and loadout for sharing, does that exist in mod form at all?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

There's been talk ITT about certain blessings and maybe feats that trigger more damage on stagger and speculation that something like the surge staff pumping stagger points into things can make those weapons do a ton of damage. so all that to say v0v

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah after running a few more missions I'm confident to say that Heresy High Intensity is harder than Damnation low intensity. So consider that a good stepping stone into 5s.

Did get one rear end in a top hat last night that put down ammo and meds out of the final crate before dropping down to the last mission area when we could have carried them down to actually use. Not sure what that was all about. Overall though random pubbies in 4/5s seem nice even if sometimes you find yourself questioning what they are doing. It's a nice change from like Overwatch comp games of salt.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

the main issue i had was that the loot was just on a timer system where youd just get like 10 random items every x hours, which seemed like a really early WIP implementation

is that different now?

The armory is still on a 10 random items per 1 hour, the Sir Melks Requisitorium is on ~10 random but better level items per 24 hours, the sir melks contracts are completed on a weekly basis, each mission you complete gives you one item upon success and you get better items doing higher difficulty. There is also "Brunt's Armory" in the armory that sells you grays of anything you like which is the way to hunt for good modifier sets that you then level up via entreating Hadron at the crafting area thing.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mendrian posted:

There is very little reason to buy blue/green items from the regular weapon shop anymore except when you're leveling.

Oh one thing on this, since you can't Brunt's armory curios, and sir melks only ever gives 1 or 2(?) you should check the armory shop when you are on and buy any curios that have a max main stat IMO, and then as you get more crafting mats try and bless them up into good curios.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I haven't installed any mods yet but really that modder should only have the screen show up at the end of the game, literally none of that info is useful in game, because if my loadout is bad or not complementary to the team, it's not that I can change it mid round for more damage, or CC, or boss kill, or less ammo consumption etc.

Prime example of fatshark not adding an end of round scoreboard makes the modded fix be a worse one.

edit: I just realized that maybe you can see the scoreboard in VT2 during a mission? I literally haven't played anything but chaos wastes for years and there it's only at the end.

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 3, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I wish now that I had been recording but I once managed to get out of a smallish room filled with horde and a crusher as a psyker with block/push into swing into take a step, repeat like 10-15 times to make it out as I was both trying to get to a downed teammate and also knew I wouldn't win that fight surrounded like that. The crusher seemingly couldn't move through the horde (I assume they have collision with each other) so I sorta swam through the crowd away from them.

Not that great of a story in text but welp.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ZeusCannon posted:

How do people even deal with daemonhosts. I mean beyond the obvious "some one clearly pinged it and the team is avoiding it when the pub veteran shoots it succeeding in pissing it off and nothing else"

I assumed they fulfilled a sort of "witch" role of dont gently caress with this but if you do better burn it down faast but i have never seen anyone actually down one. It just fucks the party up and rolls out.

What level difficulty?

I'm scripture farming right now and on 2s with my maxed ogryn just beat em to death for fun :v:

On 4+ we typically just try to avoid them, if it turns south well burn it down as best you can!

On my Ogryn I run bleed on heavy hit and DR from bleed stacks, probably the technically best method is Ogryn with shield aggros then plants and then the team should be able to kill the DH without any real issue*

*never done this myself

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I'll retreat for boss fights so we're less likely to aggro new stuff plus sometimes you are in a bad spot for environmental deaths or not a lot of manuvering room. Otherwise gotta push the objective bit by bit. I felt good yesterday doing basically a solo push to hit the final foundry start button in the midst of a horde to start the timer to extraction. Game is fun.

Please though fatshark fix this rng mess, bugs, crafting. It's not a fun grind for toys.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TwatHammer posted:

Aint played in a hot minute since new year, I noticed theres some new clubs/stubbers, which ones are the current meta for brogryn?

The Gorgonum is the best stubber, can reach out nicely with it. I think the best new club is the one with the thick wire wrapped on it but I forget the name as I never use it, I just like cleaving things with my big blade.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Finally modded my game and immediately I'm over here lmao'ing at re-rolling ~4800 times to get from 15 to 20% sniper resistance. Cool gameplay loop, glad it got modded out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

"On Heresy Threat or higher, hit 4 Elite or Specialist enemies with Big Boxes of Hurt, without missing an Elite or Specialist enemy with a Big Box of Hurt, 5 times."

Trying to parse this, does this mean: throw grenade box and hit an elite or specialist for a total of 5 x 4 consecutive hits? Wondering if the consecutive hits will carry over between missions or if I have to hit 4 in a row in a single mission (I prefer to save my nades for mutants if I'm somewhat cut off from the team or last ogryn standing type situations).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Damnation High Intensity STG produces an insane amount of leavers the moment the game doesn't appear to be going perfectly smoothly, very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

haldolium posted:

whats "not perfectly smoothly"? I think leaving early in games is not necessarily the worst choice when teamplay indicates a wipe and try again with a different group

Two examples I remember from last night. One guy goes down, within 5 seconds that guy altf4s and becomes a bot. Another game someone goes down, a totally different player sees that happen and altf4s to become a bot.

Just absolutely no willingness to try.

And it stood out to me because all my previous damnation games probably had as many leavers as I had in my handful of games last night - typically I've seen players try hard and work to carry in 5s. Maybe it was an off night for the gods of random chance I dunno.