Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Dan is the only person to have made career choices worse than Alonso

in racing.

I recently watched some guy flush $44b down the toilet to become a forums mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

Question for Americans: there is no way to watch F1 without some form of a TV ESPN subscription, right? I have ESPN+ and got rid of my cable tv but I don’t love F1 enough to pay extra for fubo or do a bunch of weird vpn bullshit so it looks like I’ll skip this season.

lmao are you telling me the service you have to pay extra for doesn’t include the lesser tier

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

The only time Max is grateful of there being so many races

goddamn

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ja_raul posted:

Can't wait for sprint races and more flares missiles, just hoping to see more colours smoke.

ftfy

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Harry Lime posted:

This all depends on what Ferrari does this year but I feel like it's going to be easy to confuse the Alfa's with the Ferraris during a race this year with this livery choice
https://twitter.com/alfaromeof1/status/1622886970937552903?s=20&t=VlnLhHmJPKJMt6HsHfYCaQ

nah, the Ferraris will be the ones in the garage

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

spaceblancmange posted:

Ferrari have other appendages to shoot themselves in.

Ferrari every post-race interview:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/873264183281889281?s=20&t=a2ByM6OvBjeCnt22pcXvJA

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

also if last season was any indication the good races are all early

First race of last season is going to be a tough one to beat for an opener

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

did he specify of what

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kirios posted:

lmao there's a dedicated Scuderia Ferrari app now. Now you can have the convenience of passione and pain with you at all times!

does it cause my phone to burst into flames when I'm having a day where everything is going my way?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

net work error posted:

We are checking

"You do not want your phone to explode, question"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Andor owns but I’m not defending any of the other Star Wars IP, the rest of them are at best mediocre, and that’s me being generous.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

google wheel covers look like rear end, still

the look good in motion, so bad news for McLaren

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

wish at least one team went off the rails and made a proper different looking car

but ferrari haven't gone yet and they are proper nuts so fingers crossed they somehow made a purple car or summet

Ferrari gonna have a car that looks like an espresso machine on wheels, with the wheels made of used coffee pucks, powered by steam

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

he knows what's coming

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
how could you not love the Scud, even if only for comedic purposes

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

Their drivers are pretty

it should be illegal to look like this and be an F1 driver

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FakeBlood posted:

The hair maintained itself after they tried to burn him to death last year. Let's give it up for are carlos

just another day at the office for are carlos

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Abisteen posted:

I do this even if it would fit normally

mamma mia!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Cirofren posted:

The oldest driver pairing on the grid* who between them have a single podium out of over 300 race starts.
*equal to Aston Martin thanks to Fernando's enduring talent

so you’re saying they’re due

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

GramCracker posted:

pack it up lads, the whole field is hosed this year. merc 2023 wdc

literally told some dude who was complaining about them acquiescing to the woke mob instead of using the silver livery to go gently caress himself

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
it’s time for a medley league, races divided by the type of car the driver has to use, see who’s the best jack of all trades

25% driving F1 cars
25% driving NASCAR cars
25% Indy cars
10% LMP1
15% karts

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FakeBlood posted:

He's Dutch so it's probably some terrible eurobeat song about "making you move"

He just listens to Eiffel 65's Blue on repeat

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Tomato soup in complete silence

way too spicy for are Max

only the thinnest of broths, barely distinguishable from water.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

Jesus loving christ, show the times during testing??

This is absolutely useless information..

the Scud are in first, what more information do you need? The rest is just noise.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

Seems the Ferrari is fastest in terms of raw speed

Crown Ferrari, cancel the season

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I'm an idiot who watched the entirety of last season, why would I want to relive it via DTS

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Charles Leclerc posted:

DTS fans are noticeably deficiente in the passione department, OP. They typically post moronic poo poo about how Lando Norris is "poggers" or how Zak Brown is "cool and good" instead of being a fat boomer edgelord.

They do not respect the institution of F1 which is, of course, Scuderia Ferrari.

I got sucked into this dumbass sport by DTS so I will never let that grudge go

But I became an instant Scud bud the moment I saw the 2 most handsome drivers on the grid driving the sexiest car; it turns out it was a car so sexy hot it would regularly burst into flames.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

toadee posted:

I started watching F1 rooting for Mika Hakkinen vs Schumacher, because my dad is a lifelong tifosi and having a friendly rivalry was fun. DTS seems fine to me, I don't get any elitism about new fans. They just want to see interesting people drive cars fast, and the show is that sort of "photoshopped reality" that does that for everything else we consume these days. Of course it doesn't get everything accurate, no "reality" tv does.

Like I said, DTS got me into the sport. And therein lies the problem, because when you watch the races and then watch DTS you start noticing how hosed the editing is.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Cimber posted:

I think the season would have been a lot closer had it not been for :ferrari: racing strategy

or lack thereof

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

italian quid posted:

Also if any of you motherfuckers start hating on Steve Winwood I'm gonna start throwing hands

I got your back, whose teeth we knocking out first

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Cimber posted:

I can watch about one or two episodes, but i find the editing for drama and the manipulation of information to present a 'compelling storyline' to be quickly tiresome. Selective editing of events that are months apart then spliced together to make something seem it was a bigger deal than it actually was bugs the poo poo out of me.

I checked out of last season of DTS when where Verstappen got taken out in turn one (not sure what race that was, Silverstone?) and then magically was hot on Danny Ric's tail at the end of the race but McLaren managed to stay ahead for the win. I mean, there's a crash on turn 1 of every race, you don't need to pull poo poo like that, there's ample footage of the race in focus that you could use.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I got my snow tires on this year and it was 70 the next week and I knew what it felt like to pit for softs for the fastest lap.

I apologize ahead of time every year to my fat-bike winter biking friends when I put the winter tires on because it's a guarantee that no snow will fall. They're still better than all seasons in cold weather, but the snow is where they shine.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

How does Zac Brown still have a job

you can fool a lot of people with bluster and bravado, hell you can even become president of the United States with no other qualifications.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Frond posted:

My lowered 86 GT is fine yeah. Tires are the great equalizer.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

is the water in miami gonna be real this time lol

with all the money in F1 and Miami, like just build a giant pool. That would be absurd and be the definition of the excess of F1. Throw some bumper boats in there, get some lifeguards that look like they stepped off the set of Baywatch, go to town.

Painted plywood is loving babytown frolics, gtfo.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

I've been to two races recently and they were both Max masterclasses where he held off a faster challenger behind him by never loving making a mistake (Austin 2021, Montreal 2022).

I hate Max - but also - gently caress, he's really good.

I prefer when he gets repeatedly baited into cooking his tires until he's taken himself out of the race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
anybody saying Max isn't a talented driver is deluding themselves.

doesn't mean I have to like him.