Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Can any of you good folk who know anything about electrics tell me: do RCDs have an 'ampage' in the way that fuses do?

The water heater over the bathroom sink in the guest room of our block of flats is kaput and being replaced today. Anyway, it seems to be wired into the same circuit as the ground floor sockets and when the cleaner's tried to use it, it's been causing the RCDs to go and also blowing out the front door number keypad so muggins here gets 2000 old ladies knocking on my door when I'm trying to work complaining that their friends can't get in or whatever.

My concern is that once the heater is replaced, it'll start off again if for some reason it is overloading the ampage of the RCD **if** such a thing happens!

Unless something is very wrong there will be a circuit breaker that limits ampage going out through your ground floor sockets and the ampage will be printed somewhere on the breaker, e.g. mine say "B32" for a 32-amp breaker. Take a photo of the one that's tripping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Forget Miliband, the return of "political capital" is the big Labour news.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1599345233241726977

Ho-hum.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

feedmegin posted:

strictly less functional

Wow, broadcast TV really is getting worse.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Silly kids, the ring goes on the ring finger.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's not mycrimes.txt yet but it's getting there.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

never underestimate bitcoin

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I don't want to click that video but I would like to know why he thinks he's grounding his bed.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Failed Imagineer posted:

Not sure of a better place to post this so here you go

Lol

he won't believe this theme park ride they've got in dubai, or the size of the moon at the north pole.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Jel Shaker posted:

so i guess we can look forward to our own january 6th style rush on parliament after the next election? seems to be a standard thing now?

Fortunately parliament is a total death trap. Black Rod will easily be able to expell any number of raiders with a series of home-alone-inspired booby traps. They'll be finding smoked gammons in the walls for years afterwards.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Guavanaut posted:

They put the pointer in wrong and your apartment actually moved 44,000 places to the left.

I've had a lot of delivery trouble ever since I moved to the big end of town.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Oh, a line of credit.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

These are droogs.

(Clockwork Orange for those of you still in the first flush of youth).

And do they have jobs, these droogs?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

josh04 posted:

And do they have jobs, these droogs?

Sorry all, the answer I was looking for was in fact "No, the droogs don't work"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

kinda like facing down the unions, feels like something in the bracket of "things the current government totally reckons it can do" that are going to go swimmingly

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Computer, show me a British man considering the impact of a solar-powered energy satellite!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Guavanaut posted:

Except the SF MPs, squirrels are piss scared of Gaelic.

This can't be right, where are the lib dems?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Read some Grenfell stuff from 2018 earlier today and I'd argue that has a good claim as the moment that the UK tipped fully into irredeemable fascist nightmare. 72 people dead, a huge burning building in the heart of the capital, multiple members of the cabinet implicated in the negligence that caused it and then just... nothing.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

No! Not honest Jared!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I wrote about finding Glass Onion's criticism of billionaires a little wooly back in December when it came out. Still a solid film though.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

forkboy84 posted:

It's taken a month but I finally finished watching The Beatles: Get Back. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan and I kind of mocked the huge running time of 460 minutes plus seemed very indulgent.

But finishing it? It still was a bit much but seeing the making of an album is always really interesting, and you wouldn't quite so much of the raw song writing process if it wasn't so long. And getting the full live show on the roof of the Apple Building was great, especially as it went to PC Plod in the lobby looking completely useless while threatening to arrest people, and they end up just standing around in the background while the band plays Don't Let Me Down. While chewing on his helmet strap. Dorks.

So I enjoyed it. The original director seems to be a dope. The band definitely perked up when Billy Preston popped up.

That's my review of a film that came out over a year ago. It was good, if the process of how a record gets made, though you do have to hear a lot of The Long & Winding Road, which if you're me you may find a bit of a nuisance.

Still, Peter Jackson needs an editor he actually let's cut his films down.

It's got a bit too much of the band noodling away on some classic and less-than-classic pieces towards the end which presumably appeals to the hardcore fans, but as a similar non-Beatles enthusiast I really loved it anyway. The restoration work is absolutely stunning. Sergeant Skullcracker turning up at the end and inviting himself upstairs is also very funny.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

forkboy84 posted:

See, I quite liked when the band would just break into jamming away into Blue Suede Shoes & Tutti Fruiti, it was all very human. The whole atmosphere was quite jovial at times like that, considering how dysfunctional the Let It Be sessions were by reputation. Maybe the 85th time they do that is excessive though...I did get a kick out of how insane Paul made everyone just repeatedly insisting they do Maxwell's Silver Hammer over & over & over, that poo poo ruled. Because as much as I have a guilty pleasure feeling for Maxwell it is really not worth that much hassle.

I did see one criticism that Jackson went too far in painting the sessions as jovial considering George hosed off at one point and John was seemingly in the depths of his heroin phase and you'd never know that from the film. But then I suppose that's the limitations of using old footage, if Harrison walks out then there's clearly no footage. Lennon wasn't snorting heroin at the studio.

I feel like if all 3 episodes were the rough length of the final one I'd be happier. But then I'd not want to cut the bit of them laughing around at the story in the paper of George assaulting a photographer or things like that

The jamming was great, I was just sick to my gills of hearing the full length of "Get Back" by the end. I don't think Lennon being off his face is particularly subtle, especially in the first half. When he's a bit more lucid later on you kinda get why everyone was floundering so much without him.

There's so much footage I'm not sure it'd be possible to hide any extra nastiness going on. They all just seem burned out. Maybe things got a bit more sour after the fact.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Obliged to let everyone know there are 251 pages of Potterchat over in SFWF where we regularly go over the many foreign names of JK Rowling.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1618592794343518208

Excellent set of replies

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The other possibility is that they'll damage relations in a "don't you loving dare release those you island idiots" kind of way.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

They're the other half of the Guy Mann podcast.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

lol

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

viz-a-viz the placard, it should be obvious that a piece of painted cardboard is not the work of a collective movement and therefore cannot be regulated by one. there is no protest movement with such strict discipline that it can avoid having to defend hyperbole on a painted sign. even if it could, as russell-moyle mp is finding out, something as innocuous as sitting down will just be taken as proving the point instead.

fundamentally it's about basic decency and letting people live their lives, and every effort by the terfs to make it a "best dressed media campaign" competition is intended to distract from that.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

stev posted:

That sucks. I'm starting to think I have an allergy to them, since recently it's set off my asthma every time I've cleaned out the pig cage.

I had a while where I got pretty wheezy every time I gave the pigs hay or cleaned them out, it went away when I generally improved the quality of air I was getting by not taking the tube twice a day.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

In the face of an actual crisis Corbyn and McDonnell institute a media blackout, arresting en masse journalists and newspaper owners who whinge about lockdown regulations. Without the opinion columnist feedback loop the remaining Labour MPs fall into line. A resurgent UK economy funds left-MI6, who send agent James Marx 007 out to shoot Putin before the war can begin.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There's a Private Eye article floating around about how Lee Anderson is friends with a bunch of his constituency fash, a regular White Nationalist.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

:hmmyes:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Rarity posted:

This guy beat Nick Clegg

I'd still vote for him over Clegg too.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Kill All Cops posted:

unusual design for a urinal cake, but i'll take it

Incredible invention - a urinal cake that also boils piss!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

You have to remember there's a significant constituency in the UK of people actively opposed to anything ever being better. Not people with an ideology that will mean nothing ever gets better, but people who specifically desire that nothing should ever get better.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Did have the concerning realisation that at the current pace of decline, Starmer might actually seem like a relief.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Orange-flavoured decline rather than lemon-lime.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Don't worry though, Labour have unleashed the big dogs: the Ministry of Health is buying too many pens.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1625111882423054337

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I wanted lemons. It gave me lemon-lime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Just to add a little flavour to pencilgate, Civil Service offices are already forbidden from providing staff with profligate luxuries such as milk for tea.