Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

UKMT Winterval 2022 - Unlit Sheepland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

That's funny, I seem to be saying "well, England doesn't often get snow like this so it's a waste of money to prepare for it properly" every year

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

In an ideal world where Shell aren’t useless pricks I prefer a monthly DD because it means I can budget the same amount every month for the year, instead of having two cheap quarters in spring and summer then two expensive quarters in autumn and winter I need to budget around. It does mean overpaying in the cheap times but then I’m underpaying in the expensive times and it nets to 0, everyone’s happy.

Plus they knock a few quid off for being on direct debit, but it’s literally that - £4 per fuel.

I'm in the same situation, not changing away from DD though. I'm massively in credit because they've been increasing my monthly charge steadily. I always set it to the lowest it will go on their website, I can't set it to what I want though, they are convinced I'm about to turn on all the radiators full blast and start growing weed, any minute now.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Only Kindness posted:

I assume he said said Pspspspspspspsps.

Пспспспспс

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Thought you lot might appreciate my Christmas cross stitch project

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Whatsapp...tab?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

That would have saved me a lot of hassle if I'd known that sooner, I could have sworn I looked and found it was mobile only. Thanks!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

No I'm fairly sure it's oval office on a punt, that would be better for your public image

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

I'm still not sure what elf on a shelf is and I do not wish to learn.

Bentham, Jeremy promoting philosophical tyranny

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Ninny on a guinea

Why always elves? Why never :psydwarf: on a :barf:?

Weird Psyduck on an upchuck?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Angrymog posted:

That sucks. We had that happen on Sheppey in summer (fortunately just before or after the heatwave iirc) and SE water were utterly useless there too. First distribution points were at really stupid areas, then they said that live stock wasn't a priority when we (and every other farmer and equestrian on the island) asked about bowser deliveries for our animals.

Well, yes, exactly, livestock aren't the priority in these situations.

Profit on the other hand :smuggo::pipe:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Microplastics posted:

Just how supported are the strikes? I want stats! Surely yougov have been polling everyone

30% of labour voters polled support a ban on ambulance workers striking

I saw that and just crumpled

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Aren't "Swing voters" basically a myth anyway?

Like, there are not millions of individuals who change their vote around every election depending on who has what policies, it's mostly that people generally vote the same way but people who are enthused will vote and those who aren't, won't?

And even if there *were* loads of swing voters, there are immeasurably more (especially young) people who don't vote.

Yeah but those non-voters want things that our donors we don't want to can't give them.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I used to work with someone called Henry Potter. He would get really sad and downcast if anyone called him Harry, intentionally or by mistake
- probably borne out of a childhood full of being bullied.

And yet not once did I call him a warped, frustrated old man!

I did call him Harry by accident, twice, and I still cringe to think about it

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Don't post Weetman please.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

And the Microplastics appeared unto them, and thus they spake,

, and they were sore afraid.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Dead Goon posted:

Tragedy is a Hardcore Punk band from America.

Very crusty, very d-beaty, very good.

Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfYOm20yf4

As most d-beat and d-beat adjacent bands are, they've got anarchist thought in their songs. Been a favourite of mine for a while.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

All of us are from the Netherlands in that sense :geert:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Microplastics posted:

- Ribena
- Hot

OK, I found the Ribena but I couldn't find any Hot :confused: [/Wittgenstein]

Glad that you got the medicine and the time off!

This is a category error I feel, Ribena isn't juice, it's nectar

Oh there was another page apparently

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 4, 2023

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Rebecca Rent-Freely

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

Ska owns.

Scones.

How are you pronouncing "owns" :commissar:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

sebzilla posted:

Just get Rob Brydon and/or Peter Serafinowicz in

Replace all radio DJs with Peter Serafinowicz

Or has that already happened :tinfoil:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Sebzilla, locked in from the Cotswolds, easy

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The original calm Hitler

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Jakabite posted:

All Quiet on the Wank Front

Either All Quiet on the Western Wank, or ignore the rules and go for Quiet Wank on the Western Front :colbert:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

sinky posted:

Don't worry, they're still going to build the hyperspace bypass.

Please

I look forward to it

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've been trying for ten minutes now to find out what this is in reference to and I'm absolutely drawing a blank.

https://twitter.com/amethystarlight/status/1619728419889242112?t=OUi5Q4dhiiNP6zDTMNU9Dw&s=19

They're American and it's something to do with not wearing masks in public places anymore :shrug:

Working in a hospital I haven't really stopped wearing masks since the start of the pandemic, our clinic still has obligatory masks for patient-facing areas which is basically everywhere. Being out in public without a mask still feels weird, it sucks.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I've had Virgin since I moved to Leeds ~4 years ago, but recently they sent their "unfortunately due to current circumstances we have to jack our already high prices up even further" email, which has prompted me to get off my arse and check what else is available. Never had a problem with them in that time, and therefore never had to contact customer service, so I count myself lucky.

I was gonna go straight to Plusnet but I will def. check if Zen are available.

Someone knocked on my door at like 9pm last week and immediately started rambling about how some people had problems with Internet speed when they are far away from the router and did I know my current speed and could I get my phone out and show him what the speed was?
All my electronics apart from my phone are on ethernet so that never really applies to me, I asked him which company he was with, eventually got him to say it was a subsidiary of TalkTalk working with Openreach, but still wouldn't say why he knocked on my door. I told him I didn't have any problems with my connection and shut the door, but it made me so paranoid I went out again after and walked around my house to check he wasn't trying to nick anything. Really weird.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

That's the only explanation, otherwise I feel like we're being gaslit so much it's an explosion hazard

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The French monarchy from the 16th century onwards understood this too, they named themselves after them to prop up their own legitimacy. It's why they managed to hold on for so long.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

When was the last time you saw a biscuit that was actually cooked twice, as the Romans intended

Tweren't like this back in my day :reject:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Open mouth, insert cake, close mouth.

Do you...chew?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The only person I know who really likes Jaffa cakes ate pretty much nothing but for three years, developed severe mental problems and moved to South Africa. That's all I'm saying.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

when your are good at flag

That's not counter-protestors having grabbed it and displayed it upside down in victory, is it?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

TACD posted:

One time when I was a teenager at a friend's house somebody brought up a person they'd seen on TV who could fit three creme eggs in their mouth at once. I blurted out "that doesn't seem so hard", after which my friend's father immediately fetched three creme eggs, handed them to me and said "off you go then".

I learnt an important lesson about talking poo poo that day as chocolatey drool ran down my chin.

You learned another valuable lesson: you need to train until you can fit three creme eggs in your mouth at once.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ahem yes well did you know that Marx personally killed billions of people? We only want economics from people who have killed more than that thank you :smug:

https://twitter.com/mellonfactory/status/1622623896196333571

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

As a big white :reject: thrash metal, punk rock and folk music enjoyer: holy gently caress you guys are old and crotchety

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Back in the day this thread tricked me into listening Crass by saying they put out several quality tunes (they didn't) so yeah not knowing Beyonce makes sense

They put out several quality* manifestoes and rants set to music*, some of which are good if you're in the right mood

Lungboy posted:

I could recognise them as hers but couldn't name them. Single ladies I could probably guess from the lyrics.

:lol: Probably

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

TACD posted:

I would very much like to know what GPT thinks are some good examples of British slang that leaves our American friends scratching their heads, please

Sometimes we like to say things like 'fisking' and 'trussay'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

What I heard of Black MIDI on 6 Music was either really good or turn-off-the-radio bad